onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: EFLC1 Port Vale v Rotherham United

Fosse69

Advert

6 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Yes, for suggesting his injury was 6-8 weeks and turns out it is. WUM this WUM that ect. It’s really not that odd for someone to know Wilson or know his family / friends and then know how long he’s out for 

To be fair the player himself said he’d be OK in a couple of weeks, 3 weeks ago!  So not even the person definitely ‘in the know’ can predict what will happen.  

Only on here could people brag about an injury taking longer than first thought 🤦🏻‍♂️
I’m sure the player himself plus the Club , the staff and everyone involved are just as happy 🙄!! 
Some say ‘we’re all Vale aren’t we’ - I’m not so sure 🤷🏻‍♂️
UTV

1 hour ago, Smugsy said:

Last night just reinforced what we all knew already. We need a goalkeeper to at least push Stone and we are desperate for help up front. The depth at the back and in midfield looks fine 

Absolutely agree--the stats speak for themselves; no goals scored so far by any forward!

2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Yes, for suggesting his injury was 6-8 weeks and turns out it is. WUM this WUM that ect. It’s really not that odd for someone to know Wilson or know his family / friends and then know how long he’s out for 

Wilson himself said he would be a couple of weeks! Straight from the horses mouth, not from someone who had spoken to his dustman.

12 hours ago, 1 said:

Massey is nailed on for the first team when he’s fully fit. So is Ojo. Them plus L1 calibre strikers in a starting 11 with Conlon coming back and the quality players from last season, not to mention the decent role players we have available makes a fantastic squad ready to take league 1 on. Stone is a number 2 especially at this level, so when that is sorted we’ll be bouncing. Our match fit and full squad with the right additions is decent for league 1. The players we have brought in so far are much better than the worst players in the squad, who have been moved on. Obviously we need to wait for the strikers, but there’s no reason to think they’ll be worse than Eddy and Harratt. I personally think they’ll offer much more. Overall the squad is miles better than the promotion winning team last season, and it’s much more balanced and covers all the positions in the areas where all the recruitment has been done. It’s obvious where we need players and before the window closes we’ll have that more than sorted too. When all is said and done, look at the like for like alterations in the squad and the newbies will thrash the oldies every time.

Great post, agree with that.

Except the 2 obvious positions the squad is shaping up nicely.

Listening to DC I thought he was quite bullish about us.

8 minutes ago, Santa said:

Thought the Massey chant was cringe last night. Hope it doesn’t become a thing.

United fans for criticised for a similar song about Lukaku a few years ago. 

Nothing like casual stereotypes at football. I thought we had moved past that by now. 

My lad was complaining about the same thing last night. 

7 hours ago, philmpv said:

emoji1787.pngemoji23.pngemoji1787.png

I'd rather have a disgruntled train driver plucked from the picket line at Crewe station.

They may be 'strikers' in that's the position that they play, but it's a stretch to call them footballers in all honesty. Really glad you're not in charge

Haha. Just making the point that I'd rather have actual strikers playing up front rather than having to play two midfielders up top. You won't get away with that for the odd game playing against League One teams, or a Championship side such as last night.

12 hours ago, valeparklife said:

I'm not a happy clapper, and I'm not a doom and gloom merchant.

I just think that starting a professional football league season with two injury prone strikers isn't the best thing to do. Playing midfielders as strikers instantly puts us at a disadvantage before a ball is kicked.

I see we have Bobby Kamwa on trial, and I've never seen him play, but by all accounts is a "pacy, powerful" striker that was training with the 1st team at Leeds under Bielsa at one point.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/2953821/bobby-kamwa-dunfermlines-leeds-united-title-qatar-marcelo-bielsa/

Would it not have been sensible to just give him a deal until January with options to extend for example? Then at least we'd have a natural striker in the team until the end of the window as we try for our 1st choice targets?

He's only 22 and will be keen to impress. And our coaches can try and develop him to fulfil his potential. If he does well, extend his deal - if he doesn't, then it won't have cost the club much, but at least we'll have had a player playing in their natural position to help the team. Surely it would have been a better option than a 17yo midfielder? (no disrespect to Tommy!).

But what if we have a player lined up who is considered better than kamwha but his club won’t let him go until they have a replacement before the end of the transfer window? What if this player will sign a 2 year deal and scored us lots of goals and we sell him for a big profit to kick the squad in again in a seasons time? 
we just don’t know. Maybe Kamwha is a stand by in case the other deal falls through? Maybe dc and his team know what they are doing?

27 minutes ago, Bobnewtonian said:

But what if we have a player lined up who is considered better than kamwha but his club won’t let him go until they have a replacement before the end of the transfer window? What if this player will sign a 2 year deal and scored us lots of goals and we sell him for a big profit to kick the squad in again in a seasons time? 
we just don’t know. Maybe Kamwha is a stand by in case the other deal falls through? Maybe dc and his team know what they are doing?

But what if we don't get that player until the last day of the window?

We'll have played 8 games with a 17 year old midfielder up front. That's nearly 20% of the season without sufficient cover in the forward line.

A young chancer would hardly break the bank would it?

6 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

But what if we don't get that player until the last day of the window?

We'll have played 8 games with a 17 year old midfielder up front. That's nearly 20% of the season without sufficient cover in the forward line.

A young chancer would hardly break the bank would it?

I don’t know…. Maybe it would mean we didn’t have the money left to sign out number 1 target? Also it wont be 8 games with a 17 yr old midfielder up front… Massey us back for Saturday and and we have a proper league 1 forward available also…. With Wilson waiting in the wings…. So surely it’s more important to wait for our number 1 target than sign someone else now just for the sake of it? 

Archived