onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Unknown Bidder - Who are they?

fraggle

This mystery bidder is more than likely to be the guys from Lancashire that MOLD were hoping would save their necks but pulled out at the last minute. If they were serious about us before admin then I am sure that we would be a better prospect in their eyes with a very much reduced debt. They would obviously want to keep it all under wraps as people would just assume they are pro old board.

That actually sounds more likely than any of the other rumours tbh.

Advert

I,m very concerned about the rising tide of THINGYPHOBIA and THINGYISM in some of the posts here. There is no place for this in football or in Stoke-on-Trent.

Some of my best friends are a bit THINGY, and thoughout history those who are a bit thingy have been responsible for some of mankinds greatest acheivements - the first porous oatcake, the aquaduct connecting Alaska and Tierra del Fuego, neutron fusion cobalt litter trays and Rory Delap's throwing technique to name but a few.

I implore all users of OVF to support national 'a bit thingy' day on April 31st this year (or maybe 30 days earlier) and donate any of your own possessions that are also 'a bit thingy'.

ps. Bring back the Adams family, one of historys greatest TV 'thingy' stars (the hand known as Thing).

ps this is intended as a joke in troubled times and is not aimed at any persons or even things. :)

I,m very concerned about the rising tide of THINGYPHOBIA and THINGYISM in some of the posts here. There is no place for this in football or in Stoke-on-Trent.

Some of my best friends are a bit THINGY, and thoughout history those who are a bit thingy have been responsible for some of mankinds greatest acheivements - the first porous oatcake, the aquaduct connecting Alaska and Tierra del Fuego, neutron fusion cobalt litter trays and Rory Delap's throwing technique to name but a few.

I implore all users of OVF to support national 'a bit thingy' day on April 31st this year (or maybe 30 days earlier) and donate any of your own possessions that are also 'a bit thingy'.

ps. Bring back the Adams family, one of historys greatest TV 'thingy' stars (the hand known as Thing).

ps this is intended as a joke in troubled times and is not aimed at any persons or even things. :)

Totally agree..Blackadder famously paid tribute to all things thingy by in one episode having a turnip that was exactly the same shape as a thingy.

We need a song "Thingys can only get better"? "I believe in a thingy called love" And of course George Harrison's "Somethingy"

This mystery bidder is more than likely to be the guys from Lancashire that MOLD were hoping would save their necks but pulled out at the last minute. If they were serious about us before admin then I am sure that we would be a better prospect in their eyes with a very much reduced debt. They would obviously want to keep it all under wraps as people would just assume they are pro old board.

Exactly my thoughts!

I also think they could have been the ones introduced by McKay.

I'm finding it odd that they don't wish to reveal themselves at this stage.

Reasons for anonymity?

Don't wish to drive the actual price up by revealing themselves, they have a truck load of cash and therefore don't want to pay over the odds

Are speculative buyers in the sense they looking to get into football generally and don't want to put fans off at this early stage in the process ("Because they may not be Vale fans")

Don't like the limelight generally? Can't be Robbie Williams! :-)

They have loads of money and don't want to excite fans too much, but as a result they may turn fans off other potential bidders

Are part of the (M)old crew?

On the Canada one - Wasn't that old spitfire chap in that neck of the woods, I know he sadly passed away but could his family be in the mix?

Wouldn't it be great if it was a Caudwell OR Bamford type person...Here's to dreaming:drunk:

I think people will want to know the identity of ALL bidders before buying a season ticket Tosh

I think a final decision will have been made before st's go on sale, Karl.

Not sure what to make about their secrecy, is it good or bad?:unsure: It certainly makes me suspicious!

I'm finding it odd that they don't wish to reveal themselves at this stage.

Reasons for anonymity?

They probably don't want to be bombarded with abusive e-mails when someone starts a rumour that they are connected with BB. As the pipe people learned a couple of days ago when their name was mentioned.

Archived