onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale Park stadium improvements

robf

I don't get that ?
Fair play he's putting money into the club for his ticket which is excellent.  But aren't the kids tickets free if his grandkids are under 12 . So don't understand the logic there as they'll never attend ? 

Don’t they get tops free ?

Advert

It’s a really good offer and I don’t blame anyone for taking it up but maybe the club need to think again about what effect this has on available seats on a matchday if you’ve got loads of kids who aren’t going. 

45 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

A fair number of season tickets have been sold to folk who have registered their grandchildren for the Junior Valiant scheme even though they are too young to go. My mate in Oz has a ST and has them for his three grandchildren who are all back in Oz. These seats will be empty on match days but there is nowt the club can do about that. 

The club can't, off their own bat, but the ticket holder can. When there was talk of a full house against Bristol Rovers, with us both unable to go, I emailed the ticket office (with a photo of our season tickets to show it wasn't a wind up) to say that they could put our seats on sale. And I can see from my account that they actually did that.

1 hour ago, Santa said:

It’s a really good offer and I don’t blame anyone for taking it up but maybe the club need to think again about what effect this has on available seats on a matchday if you’ve got loads of kids who aren’t going. 

Perhaps a box for "honoury" season ticket holder - where they get a season ticket but specify they won't be attending that season and so aren't allocated a seat (may be tricky to facilitate but perhaps something like that?)

4 hours ago, chickensteve said:

My father returned to VP with my young nephew in tow on Saturday. His first time since rudge, his first ever season ticket following on from my returning at Christmas. Years ago when I asked him why he stopped going he said "I can't sit in those seats". Now no such complaints and both said how much they enjoyed it. However an issue is that I renewed my seat in Lorne street but no other seats were showing as available in my row or even nearby. He ended up buying in the end block by the disabled stand because he needed 2 seats together. On Saturday there must of been 6 seats all in a continuous row in my row not sold and with no season ticket sticker on. Why? Until the club can answer this we will continue to look tinpot with a shrinking stadium saying we are "sold to allowed capacity" with rows of empty seats. You wouldn't see this in a cinema, theatre or concert venue.

I sympathise with this. In my case I bought my son an adult season ticket in the seat in Lorne Street next to mine. In reality he will likely go to only a handful of games because he is a doctor in London and it's impossible. I didn't stop buying this season ticket because It's money for the club - I won't do this next year after retiring! So it does appear booked in the ticket office process. In many matches last season people regrouped in the area where I sit and used it without objection from me. 

I guess the perspective is that what I have done is welcome when PV are attracting 4-6k per game in League 2. But if we are consistently attracting 8-12k+ per game it is undermining people attending. So that is another reason to stop. 

In about 2007 I was talking to some Man Utd fans about how many of their supporters are actually deceased! Failure to disclose fraud when the season ticket entitlement is handed down the generations.

Perhaps a box for "honoury" season ticket holder - where they get a season ticket but specify they won't be attending that season and so aren't allocated a seat (may be tricky to facilitate but perhaps something like that?)

Yeah something like that would be good. I went to get my grandson a new top and the lad at the till said it would be cheaper to make him a junior valiant. I did that, but was then surprised they gave him an actual ST. I explained he was 9 months old and wouldn’t be attending for a few years but apparently that didn’t matter. So now that seat number can’t be sold but won’t be used.

Yeah something like that would be good. I went to get my grandson a new top and the lad at the till said it would be cheaper to make him a junior valiant. I did that, but was then surprised they gave him an actual ST. I explained he was 9 months old and wouldn’t be attending for a few years but apparently that didn’t matter. So now that seat number can’t be sold but won’t be used.
Easy enough to change the system next season, as the momentum of the club increases.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

6 hours ago, Warren said:

I found Wembley a relatively unpleasant experience from the spectating perspective. That is because our seating area with mainly people in late middle age / elderly was contaminated by a family of younger supporters determined to jump around and block view pretty much every minute. They thought seats were for standing on. My main focus was on not losing it with one of this tribe and remaining polite in requests that they sit down. One even apologised and said that he could not stop what he was doing but was sorry. 

In a half full stadium like Vale Park it is possible to relocate to find a group of like minded supporters. As the stadium becomes fuller this will be harder. In moving home support from Bycars to Hamill Road and in other ways, disastrous mistakes can be made in grouping supporters by way of merging the quiet crowd with the noisy crowd (keeping it simple). When people reach my age there are no second chances for the club. Annoy more elderly supporters by putting them in unpleasant locations and they will stop coming forever. 

'I want 500 empty seats around me or I'll stop coming'

That's the Bycars mentality summed up perfectly.

I'll be fair though. You do make a good point about the Hamil move and when we do move over the need (I think) for the club to advertise certain 'blocks' as the 'singing section' - code for 'you can stand up here without annoying everyone' - to ensure that we at least try some sort of crowd management and all fans are accommodated regardless of whether they want to sit, stand, shout, or fall asleep. 

3 hours ago, jjvale_03 said:

'I want 500 empty seats around me or I'll stop coming'

That's the Bycars mentality summed up perfectly.

I'll be fair though. You do make a good point about the Hamil move and when we do move over the need (I think) for the club to advertise certain 'blocks' as the 'singing section' - code for 'you can stand up here without annoying everyone' - to ensure that we at least try some sort of crowd management and all fans are accommodated regardless of whether they want to sit, stand, shout, or fall asleep. 

Another aspect of this is children. I remember away to Everton in 1996 (think) we had the classic problem in big crowds of adults jumping up and down blocking the view of children in the build up to a goal threat and in the moment a goal is scored. Standing up stadiums are even worse for this. I could go on about this with many examples, but essentially family zones are needed with rules about behaviour of adults in these areas. 

Archived