onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale Park stadium improvements

robf

Advert

6 hours ago, smithie said:

There's a few of us considering going on the pitch, but with people away on holiday it's difficult to get everyone together to talk it through. We'll probably decide closer to the time.

If we throw a tennis ball for you to fetch does that mean we encroach as well. 

3 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Yes, but only Lorne St and Hamil have no side exits, Railway was the worse side exit so was done , the rest would be for concert purposes and not so urgent. All in good time, priority is to take off the capacity limitations.

Railway is where the stage was for the Robbie gig so I guess if that’s the template we use in future it makes sense to be able to remove the fence there to make more space for the stage and all the backstage infrastructure.

Work is still being done in the Disabled Stand. The kiosk has been moved to the other side of the toilets towards the Lorne Street and the door to the media facilities has been moved further down as well. This is allow for a new build where the kiosk was and the ball boys were fed and watered before the match at half time.  Not sure what that will be yet as it looked a little small for a gym. Thought things would get a bit chaotic at half time but it was fine Saturday. A new TV has also been put up in there similar to the ones in the Lorne Street. 

As has been mentioned there is a crowd doctor at Vale now which I had the pleasure of meeting him Saturday as my Dad managed to cut his finger just before the game. He was dealt with quickly, professionally and cheerfully and was back in his seat for kick off as promised. Thanks very much to all involved.

1 hour ago, Smugsy said:

Work is still being done in the Disabled Stand. The kiosk has been moved to the other side of the toilets towards the Lorne Street and the door to the media facilities has been moved further down as well. This is allow for a new build where the kiosk was and the ball boys were fed and watered before the match at half time.  Not sure what that will be yet as it looked a little small for a gym. Thought things would get a bit chaotic at half time but it was fine Saturday. A new TV has also been put up in there similar to the ones in the Lorne Street. 

As has been mentioned there is a crowd doctor at Vale now which I had the pleasure of meeting him Saturday as my Dad managed to cut his finger just before the game. He was dealt with quickly, professionally and cheerfully and was back in his seat for kick off as promised. Thanks very much to all involved.

Isn’t this area where part of the new training facilities are going?

What might the long term plans be for the old family stand, anyone know? My lad liked going in there as it was a bit quieter and less busy, but that's probably why it was closed. Could it be somehow joined on to either the Paddock or the Bycars? Or gutted completely and be the site of a bit new scoreboard / screen?

Linked to that, if the Lorne Street stand does get finished, will there be a family stand section over there?

5 minutes ago, gavcradd said:

What might the long term plans be for the old family stand, anyone know? My lad liked going in there as it was a bit quieter and less busy, but that's probably why it was closed. Could it be somehow joined on to either the Paddock or the Bycars? Or gutted completely and be the site of a bit new scoreboard / screen?

Linked to that, if the Lorne Street stand does get finished, will there be a family stand section over there?

I believe the cost of maintaining the Family Stand and meeting safety requirements couldn’t be justified by the numbers in there.  Times I sat there I always felt it was the best view in the stadium, and still close enough to the pitch to feel part of the action.

Its been mentioned elsewhere that the family area is planned to be in the currently unfinished section of Lorne Street.

2 hours ago, gavcradd said:

I don't think we'll use that corner for fans to be honest. The new section of the Lorne St is destined to be the family section and will have all mod cons - I suspect it have a family-friendly refreshment bar, entertainment in the concourse and so on... It's also good, I feel, to give families modern facilities rather than a now very outdated corner of the ground. 

I personally think the old Family stand and the Lorne/Hamil corners are perfect for two square video screens. If you have one in each corner then everyone in the ground can see one or other of the screens. 

The current screen obscures the view from the top of the Hamil, can't be seen when that area becomes the home end and is on its last legs. Carol mentioned in the last fans forum that the scoreboard needs replacing and I suspect that will be a task for next summer, perhaps with the opening of the LS unfinished section once the player's gym has been moved into the new training complex.

4 hours ago, Smugsy said:

There’s long been a ‘crowd doctor’ listed on the who’s who’s page on the official site as it’s been a league recommendation/requirement for years however I’ve just had a look and we now have 2, both new, and an extra 2 club doctors to leave us with 3 on the playing side. Can only be a good thing, I can think of at least 2 supporter cardiac arrests and successful resuscitations last season alone. Then there was Christian Eriksen in June too.   

34 minutes ago, robf said:

The current screen obscures the view from the top of the Hamil, can't be seen when that area becomes the home end and is on its last legs. 

It broke down again on Saturday, it wouldn’t update to display ‘2’ in the Vale goals tally for ages before finally going all black where I assumed it was hard rebooted. 

At least it didn’t trip out the Hamil lights again this time like it did when it rebooted when we played Brentford 🤣

3 hours ago, gavcradd said:

Is that not where they have put the training zone, and will be putting the sky television gantry etc? In an ideal world, i'd love us to level it and put a big sceen score board that actually works there.

edit - @robf you beat me this time 🙂

48 minutes ago, Doha said:

It broke down again on Saturday, it wouldn’t update to display ‘2’ in the Vale goals tally for ages before finally going all black where I assumed it was hard rebooted. 

At least it didn’t trip out the Hamil lights again this time like it did when it rebooted when we played Brentford 🤣

It was rebooted at least 3 times on Saturday, as it is most games.

On 31/07/2022 at 11:14, NellyTheValiant said:

If improvements are being looked at they need to increase the capacity of the Railway Paddock kiosks, have some organisation and queuing system put in place and leave a walkway down to the toilets.

It was great to have such a large attendance yesterday but both before the game and particularly at half time it was mayhem with the stewards just standing and watching.

The club could possibly look at using the pop up bottle bar used during kit launches or even allow access to the fan zone at HT.

I felt that it was dangerous yesterday particularly for kids trying to get to the toilets.

The staff at those kiosks simply don't have a clue what they're doing.

The processes aren't in place to make it efficient. It took someone nearly 5 minutes to serve me two beers at 14:00 (one hour before kick off), and that was after queuing for 10 minutes.

Still true that this is outsourced to a third party and run by agency staff?

Archived