onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale Park stadium improvements

robf

For those not able to make the game, I thought I'd include a couple of photos. They are not the best quality or subject but may be of interest.

This is part of the new PA system which was crystal clear in the Railway:

IMG20220730144755.thumb.jpg.f6ab22c08b377ee3217e6b84ca20fa18.jpg

This is the new mesh pitchside surround fence put around the Railway and Bycars. I presume it's easy to remove if there are future concerts. 

IMG20220730144710.thumb.jpg.0e590daec26a4917b103eca3b2117990.jpg

If anyone took any others do post them here.

Advert

16 minutes ago, robf said:

For those not able to make the game, I thought I'd include a couple of photos. They are not the best quality or subject but may be of interest.

This is part of the new PA system which was crystal clear in the Railway:

IMG20220730144755.thumb.jpg.f6ab22c08b377ee3217e6b84ca20fa18.jpg

This is the new mesh pitchside surround fence put around the Railway and Bycars. I presume it's easy to remove if there are future concerts. 

IMG20220730144710.thumb.jpg.0e590daec26a4917b103eca3b2117990.jpg

If anyone took any others do post them here.

PA was crystal clear in the Bycars too, so well done to the club for this.  Not so good though the new fences, which, after speaking to a few friends with young families, are apparently now too tall for kids on the front row to see over without standing up.  I assume the fences have to be that high to meet whatever legislation is in place, but those front row seats are now going to be off limits for some fans, the two families I spoke to are going to move back a few rows for the next home game.

It looks like the new barriers in the Paddock have been moved back about 2 or 3 feet closer to the pitch, presumably to give more space and allow people to exit quicker, meaning the new safety certificate might let us actually use the full capacity of the stand.

Or have I imagined that?

The new mesh fencing with brand new uniformed advertising boards looks much smarter, also I believe the ones in the Railway have been moved closer to the pitch so creating a wider walkway along the front of the Railway which could enable us to increase capacity in that stand.

4 minutes ago, robf said:

This is the only photo I have of the Railway fencing - it's not clear if it has been moved closer on it - perhaps someone else has a better shot...

IMG20220730143639.thumb.jpg.5b728c88a29ce3c69e1c69f9237c5c52.jpg

There used to be a concrete wall all along the front, I went up in the close season for a mooch around and there was a big machine breaking the wall down.

7 minutes ago, robf said:

This is the only photo I have of the Railway fencing - it's not clear if it has been moved closer on it - perhaps someone else has a better shot...

IMG20220730143639.thumb.jpg.5b728c88a29ce3c69e1c69f9237c5c52.jpg

I have a similar photo, only the new part of the walkway is visible, we need one with the join showing. 

If improvements are being looked at they need to increase the capacity of the Railway Paddock kiosks, have some organisation and queuing system put in place and leave a walkway down to the toilets.

It was great to have such a large attendance yesterday but both before the game and particularly at half time it was mayhem with the stewards just standing and watching.

The club could possibly look at using the pop up bottle bar used during kit launches or even allow access to the fan zone at HT.

I felt that it was dangerous yesterday particularly for kids trying to get to the toilets.

24 minutes ago, JAMO-IN-MEXICO said:

here it is under construction. also the pitch has been taken in by quite a lot.

That may improve the safety rating by giving better access for emergency service vehicles? Similarly the entrance improvements for fans enable improved evacuation. 

The decision has been made to invest in the current stadium. This is great, but there is no getting away from the fact that the Railway stand is old, has roof supports instead of cantilever construction, is too small and has zero commercial benefits aside from inadequate catering huts. 

That may improve the safety rating by giving better access for emergency service vehicles? Similarly the entrance improvements for fans enable improved evacuation. 
The decision has been made to invest in the current stadium. This is great, but there is no getting away from the fact that the Railway stand is old, has roof supports instead of cantilever construction, is too small and has zero commercial benefits aside from inadequate catering huts. 
The land that the Railway stands sit on is massive. How big does it need to be? When all restrictions have been removed and all stands are in use there will a capacity of about 20k. The problem will be closing it to rebuild. How many corporate/posh seats do we need? A modern stand but only our growth/demise of the competition will tell us that. So in the meantime improve catering and toilet facilities, and bring as many seats into use as possible as demand increases.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Archived