onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

35 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Just my opinion. It is not right it is not wrong.

Personally, I think it's very much the Carol show at Port Vale. She likes to crave the attention of everything.  Sometime's, I just wish she would sit back a little and let Daryl, the team take all the credit but it quickly turns into the Carol show.

I think it's absolutely disgusting that she is getting stick like that on twitter but we live in a world where by using social media and the way Carol is, she's very much put herself in a position for people to have a pop at her if those people think things are not going right.

If she wants to be the centre of everything good, then that power comes with the bad too.

Make no mistake about it, we limped into the play offs last season in what was a poor league 2. Again, do not get me wrong, the play off semi final second leg and Wembley are the greatest day's supporting the Vale.  Those two games for me even outweigh beating Spurs, Bristol Rovers in the Play Off final, beating Stockport at Wembley and many times we beat Stoke City back in the day.

I do think that our squad is currently weaker that at any point last season  but I thought I squad was at its weakest at the end of the January transfer window last season and looked what happened, so what do I know

The Carol show is certainly more appealing than the highly entertaining but deeply traumatic viewing of the “Smurfwaite show” which was like a crossover between “The Benny Hill Show” and “The Sopranos”. 

Anyone in the public eye gets put in a position to get slated in a social media age. Carol is great, we have an owner who cares and is a fan. Owners that sit in the background tend to be dodgy or uncaring, anonymous organizations like hedge funds or investment consortiums. 

Imagine being run by those. It would be a tragedy. 

Advert

40 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Just my opinion. It is not right it is not wrong.

Personally, I think it's very much the Carol show at Port Vale. She likes to crave the attention of everything.  Sometime's, I just wish she would sit back a little and let Daryl, the team take all the credit but it quickly turns into the Carol show.

I think it's absolutely disgusting that she is getting stick like that on twitter but we live in a world where by using social media and the way Carol is, she's very much put herself in a position for people to have a pop at her if those people think things are not going right.

If she wants to be the centre of everything good, then that power comes with the bad too.

Make no mistake about it, we limped into the play offs last season in what was a poor league 2. Again, do not get me wrong, the play off semi final second leg and Wembley are the greatest day's supporting the Vale.  Those two games for me even outweigh beating Spurs, Bristol Rovers in the Play Off final, beating Stockport at Wembley and many times we beat Stoke City back in the day.

I do think that our squad is currently weaker that at any point last season  but I thought I squad was at its weakest at the end of the January transfer window last season and looked what happened, so what do I know

Well yes, totally agree you should have an opinion. I do like hearing different ones on the forum, but I can’t agree with this. 

This “it’s my opinion so no one can attack it” is interesting.

It’s a football forum… if you don’t want your opinions tested, discussed, disagreed with, ridiculed if they are a skip fire… then this may not be the place to post them surely?

The “my opinion” movement is a dangerous one… Alex Jones (US radio host not former striker) had the opinion that Sandy Hook never happened and the parents of the children who died were faking it.

That “opinion” just cost him $50m in damages.

As was summed up in court… speech is free, but lies you pay for.

Anyway… I have been thinking and I think we need to sign a striker.

I get the impression that she is more just living the dream and being open mouthed in wonder and awe of it all - lets face it, for a football fanatic, it must be a wonderful (but precarious) position for Auntie Carol to be in - long may it continue, she has brought happiness to thousands of local people who all have the same wonderful hobby.

Oh by the way, thats just my opinion - nice 😍😍😍😍😍

My personal last word on the situation is this. Before Carol took over I hated the term “community club”, I believed it was a feeble concept to give small L1 and L2 clubs a sense of purpose when they can’t compete in the higher leagues. I dismissed the Covid dinner schemes as distractions etc. 

However having seen just how much Carol’s approach has galvanized the community and breathed new life into the club with 8k attendances etc and happy fans it clearly has made a difference beyond the pitch. 

Would I really mind a disappointing season of the foundations of the past two years were still in place? 

To be honest, no. 

Back to the Exeter game.  It seems the laws are different between League One and the Premier League.  A slight touch on the Exeter player outside the box is a penalty.  Yet an assault on Welbeck in the box by the Man U defender isn't.  Strange.

Ref just got conned. His view was the same angle as the i-follow view. Looked like their bloke just threw himself to floor in the box after feeling something on his shirt outside the box in real time.  On replay, their bloke just threw himself to floor in the box after feeling something on his shirt outside the box.

I thought 2-0 was a bit harsh on us at HT. Second half was dire.  Take it on the chin - move on. 

12 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Ref just got conned. His view was the same angle as the i-follow view. Looked like their bloke just threw himself to floor in the box after feeling something on his shirt outside the box in real time.  On replay, their bloke just threw himself to floor in the box after feeling something on his shirt outside the box.

I thought 2-0 was a bit harsh on us at HT. Second half was dire.  Take it on the chin - move on. 

I thought we played pretty well until their superb first goal; we were defending solidly and looked useful on the break.

44 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

I thought we played pretty well until their superb first goal; we were defending solidly and looked useful on the break.

They were on top before they scored and I felt a goal was coming, not in the manner it arrived however.  Great technique but had all the time in the world.  We couldn’t maintain our levels from the opening 10 minutes once Exeter got into their stride.

They were on top before they scored and I felt a goal was coming, not in the manner it arrived however.  Great technique but had all the time in the world.  We couldn’t maintain our levels from the opening 10 minutes once Exeter got into their stride.
They had a chance a few minutes earlier where player put one wide from a good ball in but really there was nowt in the game at all what I didn't like was when the player volleyed not one of our players threw themselves at the ball to block ,a great strike if Exeter if Vale you ask why no one was prepared to block it .
Third goal was replica of Fleetwood goal (different side incoming ball Smith not sharp enough goal however the ball shouldn't come in in the first place ).

Be interesting see who can make the step up to league one at the moment I have my doubts that a lot of them can but early days hopefully they prove me wrong UTV

There is no panic from me.
I asked the question what if thats all.
To me that is a massive what if and i hope it doesnt come to that.

Using Flitcroft analogy of the guy asking for 6k per week with no one interested. Then drops to 5k and then 4k before our price range of 3k and we are then interested. What if others become interested at 4k. We will miss out.
Jacko comments about the Exeter signing of the keeper and how his price was silly money for us to pay and Exeter must have money to burn. Everthought that Exeter negotiated the deal and didnt pay silly money but maybe a little more than us.
We will woin some and lose some. On and off the pitch. One thing for sure we need strikers before the window closes for sure. Other positions too.

Exeterhave over 1.5m. Cash at hand in bank

20 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

That blue strip yes it looks nice but if I recall last time we wore blue we got relegated .
Get rid do not play in it again it seems bring the worst out in us .
UTV

😁 Just like an all white strip gets us relegated ☺️

Except when it doesn't 🤭

Archived