onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

3 hours ago, smithie said:

They'll stand (or fall) by their decisions re Gibbons and Taylor, but none of us know what went on with negotiations for Gibbo nor the conversation with Taylor. I'll say this though - I'm  confident they did what was right for the Vale, and I think they spend Carol's money as if it's their own (i.e hopefully very carefully).

Yep agree Smithie, none of us know what went on with both but they were our players so Vale had a good chance to keep both.

It's OK posters saying "Move on, they're history" and I can understand that sentiment, however, history is to be learned from and I'm not sure we're learning any lessons. Last season IMHO Vale needed another experienced striker but didn't sign one. We got George Lloyd.

We got away with it last saeson due to the sparkling form of Wilson in the run in, and Harrat and Edmonson chipped in, yes we went up but we could have made the automatic promo spots with another experienced/decent striker. In this higher lge if we don't sign some Lge 1 experienced/quality players and need to win games we might not do so.

No one wants to break the bank and/or put Vale's future in  jeopardy but somehow we've got to find a way to compete financially, if it is indeed money that's the sticking point. The alternative is likely we yoyo between Lge 1/Lge 2 which IMHO is preferable to doing a Bury or Oldham.

Advert

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

Yep agree Smithie, none of us know what went on with both but they were our players so Vale had a good chance to keep both.

It's OK posters saying "Move on, they're history" and I can understand that sentiment, however, history is to be learned from and I'm not sure we're learning any lessons. Last season IMHO Vale needed another experienced striker but didn't sign one. We got George Lloyd.

We got away with it last saeson due to the sparkling form of Wilson in the run in, and Harrat and Edmonson chipped in, yes we went up but we could have made the automatic promo spots with another experienced/decent striker. In this higher lge if we don't sign some Lge 1 experienced/quality players and need to win games we might not do so.

No one wants to break the bank and/or put Vale's future in  jeopardy but somehow we've got to find a way to compete financially, if it is indeed money that's the sticking point. The alternative is likely we yoyo between Lge 1/Lge 2 which IMHO is preferable to doing a Bury or Oldham.

Agreed. I’m a bit peed off to be fair that we spent a large chunk of last season with no fit strikers, I would have hoped for us to have learnt from that, instead two games in and we’re playing a 17 year old midfielder up top. 

On 06/08/2022 at 19:08, MelbourneValiant said:

Fancied by who? There is no denying Fleetwood finished one spot above the relegation zone last term and had awful finish. They were the worst team to survive and we made them look good in large parts.

The point is this, we are not good enough in effort, Today was shocking. You cannot deny that. If you are happy a 4-0 drubbing then it says it all.

No one is happy with the 4-0 loss. I’ve seen these type of comments about fleetwood a few times by different posters and we’re starting to sound like the condescending Swindon fans from last year. 20/21 season, we had an awful season, 21/22 season, we got promoted. Just because fleetwood were close to relegation, does not mean that they will be the following season and it’s not our god given right to beat them or anybody.

I get it, people are frustrated with the lack of fire power signings and the Exeter result (which whilst we beat them last year, we didn’t easily dispatch them - which I’ve seen someone quote. We defended for the vast majority of that game) but let’s not turn into the Swindon fan base that we absolutely detested last season and by large, still do now!

So some of our supporters tag Carol in everything when things ain't going our way .
What's that on twitter as occassionally on The Wonder of Port Vale site I've seen tagging .
Really leave it out we lost a game get over it .
Seems like some of our fanbase are ENTITLED.
Last season we were in the lowest league of English football the progress made since the shanahans have taken over is phenomenal,the grounds looking better it's easier get in now and more support is turning up .
If a player decides they want leave then that's nowt do with the owners ,they can only offer what they can afford and why should they break the wage structure so that it satisfies the moaners what if the player on more money is a dud or is injured within 5 mins of debut etc or is a troublemaker and undermines the players who got us into league 1 in the first place players like Aiden Stone who if he hadn't have saved a crucial pen in the shoot out we be still in league 2 etc .
Get behind the club the fans have the biggest role play this season (that's why the hamil swap should happen ASAP your voices need be heard but not in criticising the owners or DF or anyone has there the pros you are not ).
UTV

9 hours ago, rob1983 said:

I still think flitcroft is way way overrated and just talks a good game.

Really? Did we not just get promoted? There have been some daft decisions such as agreeing to loaning out a keeper when we have no other, but overall things have turned out right so far. Covalan got sent off, proving that keeping him was just a disaster waiting to happen. Exeter also proved that waiting for a quality striker may be worthwhile longer term, the point being that what we have isn’t good enough, so getting anything that isn’t an improvement will only be a waste of money. 

The “let’s sign any bloke” approach is a path well trodden by the club. Never, ever worked. That was clear with the likes of Guthrie and Robinson signing. 

17 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Can’t believe I’m having to write this again.

There is a small section of vale fans who will ruin the best thing that’s happened to the vale for a very long time.

By all means, be upset after yesterdays awful performance. But if you are one of the people on Twitter swearing and copying in Carol with your “opinions” on how bad everything is after one result then you are a f*****g idiot.

The disrespect to those who have absolutely earned it is shocking.

Just my opinion. It is not right it is not wrong.

Personally, I think it's very much the Carol show at Port Vale. She likes to crave the attention of everything.  Sometime's, I just wish she would sit back a little and let Daryl, the team take all the credit but it quickly turns into the Carol show.

I think it's absolutely disgusting that she is getting stick like that on twitter but we live in a world where by using social media and the way Carol is, she's very much put herself in a position for people to have a pop at her if those people think things are not going right.

If she wants to be the centre of everything good, then that power comes with the bad too.

Make no mistake about it, we limped into the play offs last season in what was a poor league 2. Again, do not get me wrong, the play off semi final second leg and Wembley are the greatest day's supporting the Vale.  Those two games for me even outweigh beating Spurs, Bristol Rovers in the Play Off final, beating Stockport at Wembley and many times we beat Stoke City back in the day.

I do think that our squad is currently weaker that at any point last season  but I thought I squad was at its weakest at the end of the January transfer window last season and looked what happened, so what do I know

Personally, I think it's very much the Carol show at Port Vale. She likes to crave the attention of everything.  Sometime's, I just wish she would sit back a little and let Daryl, the team take all the credit but it quickly turns into the Carol show.

Unbelievable

11 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I think it's absolutely disgusting that she is getting stick like that on twitter but we live in a world where by using social media and the way Carol is, she's very much put herself in a position for people to have a pop at her if those people think things are not going right.

If she wants to be the centre of everything good, then that power comes with the bad too.

Make no mistake about it, we limped into the play offs last season in what was a poor league 2. Again, do not get me wrong, the play off semi final second leg and Wembley are the greatest day's supporting the Vale.  Those two games for me even outweigh beating Spurs, Bristol Rovers in the Play Off final, beating Stockport at Wembley and many times we beat Stoke City back in the day.

I do think that our squad is currently weaker that at any point last season  but I thought I squad was at its weakest at the end of the January transfer window last season and looked what happened, so what do I know

Ahhhhh well, can’t please everyone.

Everyone is allowed an opinion… even if it stinks like a skip fire! 

Archived