onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

A person close to him said that he felt the club let him down, disrespected him. Either way he left.
Why are these conversations never recorded or in writing? A little like UFO videos are always recorded on a 1986 betamax camcorder, or Nessie photos always with an ancient Polaroid with no focus setting

Advert

3 hours ago, valiant steve said:

Sometimes a heavy defeat is better than a narrow 1 0 defeat as it gives everyone a kick up the ****, usually gets a reaction and lowers supporter expectations which can, in turn, reduce the pressure on the team. 

Obviously the goal difference suffers, but if it's a "one off" heavy defeat, and it prompts us to tighten up at the back, then it's bot the end of the world.

Clearly the reaction now, and the essential signing of a striker, and the results over the next eight games will tell us what type of season we're going to have.

UTV! 

I think if we’d scraped a draw or been competitive it might have let recruitment saunter on for another week. This is a clear sign that for whatever reason, the bottom line is we don’t have nearly enough to cover all positions and the inevitable injury list. Maybe it’s injected more urgency and if it comes to a stale mate, up the offer or accept a dog fight. 

3 hours ago, Bald Eagle said:

For balance, Clive Clarke also kept saying he was surprised we had let Wilson go, and the host mustn’t have corrected him as he repeated it throughout the show! Maybe he’s not that in know after all.

I don’t give a monkey’s what Clive Clarke thinks: I very much doubt he knows anything about Port Vale, especially considering how close the club keep things to their chest: he should keep his completely lack of knowledge about the club to himself: he should keep fantasising about the joke, which he seems to know very little about: they beat (scraped a win against more like) against an injury ravaged teAM MORE LIKE) 

24 minutes ago, philmpv said:
31 minutes ago, pete vale said:
A person close to him said that he felt the club let him down, disrespected him. Either way he left.

Why are these conversations never recorded or in writing? A little like UFO videos are always recorded on a 1986 betamax camcorder, or Nessie photos always with an ancient Polaroid with no focus setting

They are not recorded because they don't need to be. The fact is Gibbo is no longer a Vale player, makes no difference who said and did what. We move on, I was merely suggesting that these things happen in football.

1 hour ago, Raveninblack said:

I don’t give a monkey’s what Clive Clarke thinks: I very much doubt he knows anything about Port Vale, especially considering how close the club keep things to their chest: he should keep his completely lack of knowledge about the club to himself: he should keep fantasising about the joke, which he seems to know very little about: they beat (scraped a win against more like) against an injury ravaged teAM MORE LIKE) 

That’s what I said - he’s not in the know, where previous post referred to his knowledge of our budget

2 hours ago, For Us All said:

I don't believe our club would disrespect anyone.They might have pointed out that he only played 24 games last season and part of the deal was based on that?If Barton offered him a better deal,fair play.

Agreed.  Is a source close to Gibbo ever likely to say ‘they made me a fair offer given my long standing injury record and medical records, but Barton offered me a better basic, career is short so I’m off’

2 hours ago, valefan79 said:

Did not get back until late so first chance to post, thought it was an embarassing performance and for me lucky to be only 4, they missed 3 sitters second half.  We were never at the races at all and yes the first was a wonder goal, the second was a soft penalty but if we are honest, we were never in the game and never had any good passing moves, in 90 minutes, I can't remember a 5 minute spell when we were on top.  It looked like a game between 2 teams who were 2 leagues apart last season, not in the same league. 

We are massively under prepared for the season ahead and without 4 or 5 additions, we are going to be in for a season struggle.  The midfield was completely overrun, we had nothing up front and apart from Robinson and Hall who did his best, no one came out of that match having performed to their standards.  

Whatever people say, the window to now has been a disaster, yes we have 3 weeks to fix that and we might be saying the end of the month we have done a good job but at the minute, we are way off where I expected us to be in terms of the first 11 and the squad.  I love what Carol, DC and DF have given us and they will always retain my support but if previous regimes had allowed us to go into a season with one goalkeeper on the books, one fit striker who is injury prone himself, questions would seriously have been asked.

Lastly I just have to say well played to Exter who put on a great performance, they will have no problems surviving at all playing like that and having drunk in the pubs in town before, their supporters are the most friendly I have come across.  We were in our Vale shirts and having been in 4 different pubs, each pub there were supporters coming up to us asking how we were, congratulating us on last year, can't speak highly enough of them.

What a Honest and Excellent Post.

The Pre-Season has been totally Underwhelming in almost every way.

The Signings and Lack of and Fitness Issues are not what I expected and Fans are blaming starting the season in July.

I would say that this is a Mansfield away, Salford home, Walsall both moment, and usually we do actually respond and tighten up the defence afterwards. We had a fantastic responsive attitude last season and we need that now because there is not going to be a Barrow or Harrogate down the line where you can play at 40% with kids and crocks and mow them over, next up is a talented, well backed and strong Bolton, then onto the next and the next.

Can’t believe I’m having to write this again.

There is a small section of vale fans who will ruin the best thing that’s happened to the vale for a very long time.

By all means, be upset after yesterdays awful performance. But if you are one of the people on Twitter swearing and copying in Carol with your “opinions” on how bad everything is after one result then you are a f*****g idiot.

The disrespect to those who have absolutely earned it is shocking.

3 hours ago, andy jones said:

As others have posted. Let's see how many games he plays.

If he remains injury free it could be seen as a mistake.

If Cass has a good season then he will be seen as the better option?

Cass is a right sided centre half though so there’s no comparison. I think that if any player can get close to 40 appearances under his belt across all competitions then I think that’s a respectable figure, but equally I don’t think it’s necessarily all solely about how many games you play either, but also about the impact players have on games.

I know we’ve gone up a league, but we need to get back to how we were playing last season when we hit some form. Conlon pulling the strings, wing backs causing havoc, midfielders chipping in with goals. But with that step up I think we need some better quality options up top and I still think the midfield area is weak, especially at the bottom end where we could do with a player who can control the tempo in our favour. 

34 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Can’t believe I’m having to write this again.

There is a small section of vale fans who will ruin the best thing that’s happened to the vale for a very long time.

By all means, be upset after yesterdays awful performance. But if you are one of the people on Twitter swearing and copying in Carol with your “opinions” on how bad everything is after one result then you are a f*****g idiot.

The disrespect to those who have absolutely earned it is shocking.

Well said, it really does beggar belief.

Without Carol and Kevin I dread to think where the club would be ?

Yeh Fans have their say on events on the pitch and the Transfer Market etc, in reason, that is part and parcel of supporting a team but not have a go at the best owner the club  has ever had !

I think that there have been several posts following this game that have outlined the problems and shortcomings in a clear, measured and fair manner. 

It IS ok to be concerned and critical.

Imo, it's the way that things are said that makes it either acceptable or otherwise.

Did not get back until late so first chance to post, thought it was an embarassing performance and for me lucky to be only 4, they missed 3 sitters second half.  We were never at the races at all and yes the first was a wonder goal, the second was a soft penalty but if we are honest, we were never in the game and never had any good passing moves, in 90 minutes, I can't remember a 5 minute spell when we were on top.  It looked like a game between 2 teams who were 2 leagues apart last season, not in the same league. 
We are massively under prepared for the season ahead and without 4 or 5 additions, we are going to be in for a season struggle.  The midfield was completely overrun, we had nothing up front and apart from Robinson and Hall who did his best, no one came out of that match having performed to their standards.  
Whatever people say, the window to now has been a disaster, yes we have 3 weeks to fix that and we might be saying the end of the month we have done a good job but at the minute, we are way off where I expected us to be in terms of the first 11 and the squad.  I love what Carol, DC and DF have given us and they will always retain my support but if previous regimes had allowed us to go into a season with one goalkeeper on the books, one fit striker who is injury prone himself, questions would seriously have been asked.
Lastly I just have to say well played to Exter who put on a great performance, they will have no problems surviving at all playing like that and having drunk in the pubs in town before, their supporters are the most friendly I have come across.  We were in our Vale shirts and having been in 4 different pubs, each pub there were supporters coming up to us asking how we were, congratulating us on last year, can't speak highly enough of them.
One as to ask just what does a director of football do for his no-doubt excessive salary ?.
On analysis this post goes right to the crux of the problems, far to many questions than answers, again we are left deflated, anxious, and concerned, soon the jury will be out on our two main management figures if this becomes the standard, let's hope this is only a glitch and they'll pull some outstanding plan out of the bag, otherwise it'll be the lynch mob gathering and ambiguities being voiced in the popular media.There is no hiding place anymore I'm afraid, time isn't on their side, 8000 plus season ticket holders want success at any price, let's hope the jury doesn't have to sit at this early stage of the proceedings.

One as to ask just what does a director of football do for his no-doubt excessive salary ?.
On analysis this post goes right to the crux of the problems, far to many questions than answers, again we are left deflated, anxious, and concerned, soon the jury will be out on our two main management figures if this becomes the standard, let's hope this is only a glitch and they'll pull some outstanding plan out of the bag, otherwise it'll be the lynch mob gathering and ambiguities being voiced in the popular media.There is no hiding place anymore I'm afraid, time isn't on their side, 8000 plus season ticket holders want success at any price, let's hope the jury doesn't have to sit at this early stage of the proceedings.

1. Don't presume what other fans want. 'Success at any price' my foot. Bury suit you? And they didn't even succeed; and

2. It's been 2 games since promotion FFS, and we've won one of them, yet the jury's just taking to its feet!

It's fans like you that ruin the enjoyment of our journey for the vast majority

Archived