onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

New goalkeeper - no problem -  we may well be having Lucas back after reading Chesterfield managers comments about him today 🤣🤣🤣 although in fairness, he did last almost 30 minutes of his debut - well done Lucas 

Seen that. Paraphrasing it but it was along the lines 'he will learn as if he doesn't he won't be here'. I think that is very similar to what DC had to say about Lucas after that Swindon game. I think at this point with him he is what he is in terms of his temperament, it's not as though he's just starting out in his career.

Advert

10 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

There should have been plans in place to cover both League One and League Two, not all this blaming that we didn't know which league we'd be in.

Pretty sure they (think it was Carol) stated that plans had been made for both eventualities of either League 1 or League 2 before the outcome of the play-offs was known, so clearly numerous targets on the League 1 list have been missed (which Clarke himself has confirmed).

8 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

But we knew all that a year ago. We knew in January that we'd need a new keeper and the management presumably knew we would need strikers back then too. I don't buy all these excuses for not being ready for the new season. There should have been plans in place to cover both League One and League Two, not all this blaming that we didn't know which league we'd be in. Grimsby, Sunderland and Forest all went up via the play-offs and they've managed to get full squads together. 

We did. Most clubs know what positions they need to strengthen way before season end. I'd be more worried if we were getting all our targets as that means other clubs don't think they are very good. Sunderland and Forrest are big clubs with big budgets. Whether they have actually recruited well won't be known for a few months. Ditto Grimsby, in terms of quality. I have no idea how well we will recruit but judging it before it's finished is a little odd. There is little doubt they could have recruited most strikers signed by league 2 clubs. Some of these will be success in league 1 at some point and some part-time in a couple of years. Flintoff and Clarke believe they can get better by holding on. Personally I'll judge them on whether they do. 

David Flitcroft, as the man in charge of the squad assembled, should seriously evaluate what's happened today and what's happened this summer and rectify it. To let gibbo go, and sign his replacement who isn't fit enough to play, and trust in woz who is perennial injured is stupid. To let us get to the second game of the season with a 17 year old midfielder up front, is stupid.

A lot of you on here have laughed about people panicking. But today is a glimpse into. The future unless they pull there finger out and sign some league one standard players. It's a joke.

15 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

David Flitcroft, as the man in charge of the squad assembled, should seriously evaluate what's happened today and what's happened this summer and rectify it. To let gibbo go, and sign his replacement who isn't fit enough to play, and trust in woz who is perennial injured is stupid. To let us get to the second game of the season with a 17 year old midfielder up front, is stupid.

A lot of you on here have laughed about people panicking. But today is a glimpse into. The future unless they pull there finger out and sign some league one standard players. It's a joke.

Your comment on Worrall is a bit unfair. He appeared 41 times in the league last season compared to Gibbos 24. He averages 36 games a season for us which is pretty good over 5 years. A fit Gibbons is an asset. You would hope the decision was based on medical advice. If he's only fit for 20 games at Bristol it's a good decision,  if he plays 46 its terrible. 

Your comment on Worrall are a bit unfair. He appeared 41 times in the league last season compared to Gibbos 24. He averages 36 games a season for us which is pretty good over 5 years. A fit Gibbons is an asset. You would hope the decision was based on medical advice. If he's only fit for 20 games at Bristol it's a good decision,  if he plays 46 its terrible. 
We were told last year that Worralls hip was knackered and the only reason he was playing was cause gibbo wasn't fit and Robinson wasn't ready. Today has showed he's still no where near ready and it was stupid to do what we did to gibbo.

5 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
8 minutes ago, JRC said:
Your comment on Worrall are a bit unfair. He appeared 41 times in the league last season compared to Gibbos 24. He averages 36 games a season for us which is pretty good over 5 years. A fit Gibbons is an asset. You would hope the decision was based on medical advice. If he's only fit for 20 games at Bristol it's a good decision,  if he plays 46 its terrible. 

We were told last year that Worralls hip was knackered and the only reason he was playing was cause gibbo wasn't fit and Robinson wasn't ready. Today has showed he's still no where near ready and it was stupid to do what we did to gibbo.

Worrall is a player who has always had a niggle and always turns out. As I said in my post I would hope the Gibbons decision was based on medical advice. In 5 seasons at the club he only played more than 30 league games once. I have no idea if he injury problems are degenerative and cumulative; or one offs. If he plays 40 games a season for a couple of seasons its an awful decision. 

Worrall is a player who has always had a niggle and always turns out. As I said in my post I would hope the Gibbons decision was based on medical advice. In 5 seasons at the club he only played more than 30 league games once. I have no idea if he injury problems are degenerative and cumulative; or one offs. If he plays 40 games a season for a couple of seasons its an awful decision. 
He's had two starts and one man of that match so far. We've got some kid from man City who wasn't trusted last year when woz could barely walk and gibbo physically couldnt.

5 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
8 minutes ago, JRC said:

He's had two starts and one man of that match so far. We've got some kid from man City who wasn't trusted last year when woz could barely walk and gibbo physically couldnt.

Lee Matthews played the first 3 games of the 2006/7 season for Crewe, then 13 more games over 3 seasons for various clubs. If he continues playing well all season of course it's a mistake. Those are the calls managers get judged on.

Lee Matthews played the first 3 games of the 2006/7 season for Crewe, then 13 more games over 3 seasons for various clubs. If he continues playing well all season of course it's a mistake. Those are the calls managers get judged on.
Great for Lee Matthews, doesn't help the dog situation that we find ourselves in now.

Hope Flitcroft reads this and realises without your insight he might have not understand what's required.......one game and its a glimpse into the future.......Hilarious

OK here a few marks from game .
Stone 5 nowt do conceded 4 .
Robinson 6 did OK never a penalty lets not pretend it was for there second blatant cheating ,big goal in context of game as it did us over .
Smith 4 could he have blocked the first and third goals I think he could very poor .
Hall 5
Cass 4
Ojo 3 did nothing .
Garrity 3 very poor .
Charsley 4 when on least he tried .
Mcdermott 4
Proctor 3
Benning 3
Subs much ado about nothing as DC said a dark day for the club .
Right big job ahead if anyone thought this league one was going be easy being blown apart by Exeter a club who have signed a goalkeeper that's all .
They were excellent and we were abysmal .
It's very rare that's the case so we will forgive this abnormality.
UTV

Archived