onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

So why are you and others seemingly so relaxed about writing off August's results? 
This pre-season has been a shambles that could, in part, have been avoided. We have an incomplete squad that is unfit and lacking match fitness yet the problem seems to be with the fans who are pointing this out. Farcical.
Who's writing off Augusts results? They haven't been decided by the pools panel already have they? We're just not losing our s**t after 1 bad result.

Bolton next hope the players are hurting and they will be .
Very rare you question the effort heart and comittment from Vales players .
Today's just a bad day at the office .
We must learn from it and quickly .
Cannot have 8 players out of sorts in league one in fact to win games you need every player at it .
Having being at the home game I felt that second half v Fleetwood we were going struggle and we will i feel but too early panic however losing 4-0 to a team tipped be down there also bodes not very well..
Seasons started too early seems bizarre starting so early .
Are we ready enough
Time will tell .
UTV

Just now, mr.hobblesworth said:

So why are you and others seemingly so relaxed about writing off August's results? 

This pre-season has been a shambles that could, in part, have been avoided. We have an incomplete squad that is unfit and lacking match fitness yet the problem seems to be with the fans who are pointing this out. Farcical.

This preseason was always going to be tough. We had a late finish .... then a July start due to this world cup affected season.  So in our case we are 2 weeks behind where I am sure the club would want us to be. In terms of recruitment it hasn't been as I wanted but there is no doubt there will be more in. I think judgement on that is probably best reserved until players join and played 5 or 6 games. My personal view remain that Flitcroft would have been better employed in Burslem than Spain, I'm not sure zoom calls are more effective than face to face. I'm sure many would disagree with me.

5 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Nobody is writing anything off but nothing is won or lost in August and would certainly concede the point there's a lot of work that needs to be done in the next few weeks, that's nothing the club don't know though. I would point out that we did win our first game though so things are not quite as disastrous as I get the feeling some are about to make it out to be.

Lots of calls for patience and 'wait a few more games for players to join/gel'. Do these people realise the season started 7 days ago?
Yes, the season started 7 days ago and based on the TWO results so far we are 17th in the league table.
Replicate these results over the course of 46 games and we should finish with 69 point.
Maths can be used anyway one likes to add weight to a point of view.
I can't imagine any Vale player, fan or member of staff will be happy with today's result, personally I think we will have more similar results but also enough of the results like last Saturday's to achieve what we all want come May 2023.

Sent from my SM-G930F using onevalefan mobile app

Poor display today. Reasonable first 10 minutes but overrun with speed and movement.

Ball never stuck upfront and we chased shadows for much of the match. Seemed to play a lot of balls from the back in the air which we hardly won. Procter's worst game that I have seen although he had no support.

Holden, Conlon, Pett no yet up to speed and our distribution was pants. Midfield failed and so many positional changes by DC for one reason and another.

We reset and go again. Lucky for me home at 6 and meal consumed by 6:30. Long trip back for SVA, stay safe.

We would have taken two draws to start the season I think, most of us, so 3 out of 6 is okay. It was pretty poor today it seems but I have no doubt we'll bounce back and put in a much better effort against Bolton. We'll need to. I think we were all fearing the worst when we saw the team-sheet today prior to kick-off. Once Wilson is back, Conlon, Pett and Holden are match fit and we have a couple of more decent players in the squad, we'll be just fine. We have to accept that we'll get turned over in this league more often than in League Two when we're not at it. Teams generally have quicker, more technical players than what we've been used to. The narrow losses we used to have when we weren't at it collectively might be two, three or four when we don't play and defend well. I know Exeter came up with us but they were bang at it today and full of confidence the moment they went in front.

4 minutes ago, philmpv said:

How instrumental was Taylor today for Morecambe? And you're moaning about letting him go but demanding L1 experienced players when JT had no L1 experience at all, and Ojo has? At least back up the substance of your moan with a credible statement

Cherry pick all you wish but IMO the performance by Vale today was due to the team being poorer in quality than the team that gained promo via the play-offs.

Not saying Ojo is a poor player as he's only played two competitive games for Vale but he looks a different type of player to Taylor hence why the word replaced is in quotes in my post.

Vale need Conlon back asap who also has virtually no experience in Lge 1, but both he and Taylor have shown they are quality midfield players at Lge 2 level and both look to have the ability to succeed in Lge 1 playing in decent teams. Both have previously  played well together with a defensive midfield player and from Ojo's interview that's the type of player he said he is.

Also Peterborough away are a tough proposition, likely tougher than newly promoted Exeter.

So try and read and comprehend a post before flying into a rage and frothing at the mouth. I am posting an opinion not a moan and you may not like it, so what.

And just for the record I was watching Vale so have no idea how instrumental Taylor was for Morecambe today. Stupid question don't you think?   Last point, not demanding Vale sign some Lge 1 experienced players but again, sensible don't you think?, the Ribeiro reign taught us that.

20 minutes ago, JRC said:

This preseason was always going to be tough. We had a late finish .... then a July start due to this world cup affected season.  So in our case we are 2 weeks behind where I am sure the club would want us to be. In terms of recruitment it hasn't been as I wanted but there is no doubt there will be more in. I think judgement on that is probably best reserved until players join and played 5 or 6 games. My personal view remain that Flitcroft would have been better employed in Burslem than Spain, I'm not sure zoom calls are more effective than face to face. I'm sure many would disagree with me.

I have been quite vocal on here about the lack of recruitment , and end up getting shot down ! , totally agree with you that DF should have been here in Burslem , not sunning himself in Spain , going to wait until the end of the month before I rant again , 

I'm trying to remain positive. One positive u could say that has come out today is that we know after game 2 we have a lot of work to do and we also have 3 points on the board. Drastic action is going to be needed I did say last season that some players are not got good enough and should be playing non league and got lambasted for it, I won't name names but sensible supporters know who they are.  Well today has proved the point however I trust in DC to bring in the additions needed and get rid of the dead wood during this season, he's going to need time to assess them in a higher league. I seem to remember years ago under rudgie first season in the third tier we lost at home to Blackpool by six goals and then a few weeks later went to Fulham and scored six. I think game now goes down in folklore as the game that set rudgie on his way.  This season is going to be tough we could win at Derby and lose at home to Morcombe by a cricket score. We carnt compete with about 7-8 teams in the league on budgets they are off the scale. Keep the faith

Archived