onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Championship Ready

LancyTony

12 hours ago, mattpvfc said:

Concentrate on league1 first hey lads

You clearly haven't read or understood what has been explained about the notion of "Championship ready". Do you believe that because we are aiming to be Championship ready we are not concentrating on succeeding in league 1 ? Without ambition last season, we would still be in league 2 now so what is wrong with divulging a vision for the club, something we can all share in and strive for. 

Are you scared to jump on board?

Advert

The match day experience is getting better all the time. It's no wonder our home crowds are at levels not seen for decades. It's a more enjoyable experience than before. It was a relief to experience no issues getting into the ground (although my season ticket didn't work).

25 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

The match day experience is getting better all the time. It's no wonder our home crowds are at levels not seen for decades. It's a more enjoyable experience than before. It was a relief to experience no issues getting into the ground (although my season ticket didn't work).

A lot of people in the pub were wondering if the very feint white line they all had going across their QR codes would stop them getting in the ground. Most must have got in OK. 

Think the club tweeted it was our highest home attendance on opening day since 1997. Think we played Forest then so that would no doubt been propped up by a good away support, not something that was needed today.
On Championship ready I think it’s absolutely the right aim in terms of building up the infrastructure of the club to aspire to be that level. That’s different to what I think some are confusing it as where you hear “we be in the Championship in X years”.
Just looked that game up. Attendance was 12.5k.

Seem to remember Forest having a front two of Pierre van Hooijdonk and Kevin Campbell!

This came up last season but one aspect of the match day experience that certainly isn't Championship ready is the Railway concourse. Tiny kiosk for an entire stand holding a few thousand. I've heard a few people say that it's hard to know in the throngs of people where the queue actually starts, overwatched by disinterested clueless stewards. Even if you queued right at the HT whistle you'd be lucky to be served by the time the second half kicks off. The food hasn't changed for years, i.e. the same old reheated warming cabinet crap.

It annoys me because it's lazy and there's more revenue to be made from people who'd rather go to Wrights etc in Burslem before KO instead of buying the dry, tepid crap from the Vale kiosk. It all adds up on the balance sheet.

Matlock Town - step 7

Abbey Hulton Utd - step 10

Ideally replace the counters with a covered concourse able to serve food/drinks before the game  to the fan zone, and on the other side of the building  food and drink inside the ground, allowing a wider range of food to a better standard as a result of a higher turnover. Pre-booking by mobile phone? In time when budget permits?

2 hours ago, Doha said:

This came up last season but one aspect of the match day experience that certainly isn't Championship ready is the Railway concourse. Tiny kiosk for an entire stand holding a few thousand. I've heard a few people say that it's hard to know in the throngs of people where the queue actually starts, overwatched by disinterested clueless stewards. Even if you queued right at the HT whistle you'd be lucky to be served by the time the second half kicks off. The food hasn't changed for years, i.e. the same old reheated warming cabinet crap.

It annoys me because it's lazy and there's more revenue to be made from people who'd rather go to Wrights etc in Burslem before KO instead of buying the dry, tepid crap from the Vale kiosk. It all adds up on the balance sheet.

Matlock Town - step 7

Abbey Hulton Utd - step 10

Those are the kinds of things we ought to be offering - and at the right prices! FFS - I even thought Wembley was better then ours! But...this is just part of the setup that needs dealing with.

5 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Seem to remember Forest having a front two of Pierre van Hooijdonk and Kevin Campbell!

Since 1998 Birmingham should have said 10465

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Ideally replace the counters with a covered concourse able to serve food/drinks before the game  to the fan zone, and on the other side of the building  food and drink inside the ground, allowing a wider range of food to a better standard as a result of a higher turnover. Pre-booking by mobile phone? In time when budget permits?

In 2018 the club requested planning permission to demolish Speedy's storage building and construct a 2 story mixed hospitality building. It looked like it had function rooms and bars inside but on the ground floor had food kiosks that could be accessed from outside on the paddock concourse. There were ground floor double doors you could enter from the Paddock so eat and drink before KO and at HT out of the rain, and not in sight of the pitch so we could sell all the lager we want. With the plan to make the Hamil End a Vale one and apparently establish a permanent fan zone, perhaps a proposal to revisit.

Presumebly Tommy Cheadle's would have been repurposed to house all the groundskeeping and plant equipment under the proposals but who knows.

https://planning.stoke.gov.uk/online-applications/files/4B8707B815F911EF4911D271D0BB32F3/pdf/62231_FUL-PROPOSED_PLANS-259711.pdf

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Since 1998 Birmingham should 

6 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Better known as Pierre Van Hoodwink. 

10 hours ago, Doha said:

In 2018 the club requested planning permission to demolish Speedy's storage building and construct a 2 story mixed hospitality building. It looked like it had function rooms and bars inside but on the ground floor had food kiosks that could be accessed from outside on the paddock concourse. There were ground floor double doors you could enter from the Paddock so eat and drink before KO and at HT out of the rain, and not in sight of the pitch so we could sell all the lager we want. With the plan to make the Hamil End a Vale one and apparently establish a permanent fan zone, perhaps a proposal to revisit.

Presumebly Tommy Cheadle's would have been repurposed to house all the groundskeeping and plant equipment under the proposals but who knows.

https://planning.stoke.gov.uk/online-applications/files/4B8707B815F911EF4911D271D0BB32F3/pdf/62231_FUL-PROPOSED_PLANS-259711.pdf

Yes two storey pub it was going to be which would have  been ideal for club revenue 

There is really so much to do on the ground! I am sure the club want to maximize revenue. There is a limit to how much can be spent at one time. Carol has already said there are many priorities! However money is being spent. Let's  hope for a  windfall a good cup run or Valiant to win the lottery and invest a bit. 

everyone will agree that the whole club and fans are pulling in the same direction after what has been a torrid last few years with dodgy owners and little investment. personally i wish the term championship ready wasnt used because it gives out false hopes of something which is simply not guaranteed. i would like to see us reach the standards set in the rudge era but we are a fair way off that right now. all we can do is keep our support up and enjoy the ride our fantastic new owners have given us.

Archived