onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Loyalty Scheme Anomalies

Breadwinner

The intriguing thing for me is that some away tickets go on sale earlier with the host club earlier than they will with any allocation we get. Exeter last season would have been fairly normal had it not been such an in demand game. So imagine if say, Wycombe tickets go on sale via their website earlier, as they have in the past, is there any benefit in waiting for a vale allocation? 

Advert

4 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

The intriguing thing for me is that some away tickets go on sale earlier with the host club earlier than they will with any allocation we get. Exeter last season would have been fairly normal had it not been such an in demand game. So imagine if say, Wycombe tickets go on sale via their website earlier, as they have in the past, is there any benefit in waiting for a vale allocation? 

If you are an ST or Member you would not have the points on your account if bought off the home club.

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

They are of a careful age, with too many con men about to trust the internet.  However they lose out on convenience.

Fair enough. I get the computer literacy issues with the more aged population - completely understandable. Surely they can do the same on the phone or in person though with this, can't they? (or have I missed that bit?)

Personally I think it's a great idea. Given I don't live near Burslem, it is about time it was easier to get tickets to games I would otherwise miss out on or have to try and get to the ticket office for. Nice to see the club finally modernising.

4 minutes ago, ValeFanInBrum said:

Fair enough. I get the computer literacy issues with the more aged population - completely understandable. Surely they can do the same on the phone or in person though with this, can't they? (or have I missed that bit?)

Personally I think it's a great idea. Given I don't live near Burslem, it is about time it was easier to get tickets to games I would otherwise miss out on or have to try and get to the ticket office for. Nice to see the club finally modernising.

Most things can be bought on line nowadays without having to travel to a shop, there are 24 hour buying slots starting from 6PM , so they have the next day to buy a ticket from the shop.

6 hours ago, jjvale_03 said:

Properman - I think you're making a semi-interesting point but I'd suggest that as the season goes on the points distribution will become more varied and as such, each window will likely give an opportunity for everyone within that points band to secure a ticket either online, by phone or in person.

They had to start somewhere and therefore 6k fans with 125 points for an allocation of 1200. I'm hoping that for Burton, it'll start on 135+ (ie. 125 for ST + 10 points for Exeter away), which will reward/prioritize the 500 or so who travel down to Exeter. That's how it should work. It'd mean that anyone who has an ST and travelled to Exeter is guaranteed a ticket in the initial 24 hour window and if they really enjoy queuing on car parks (it seems for many Vale fans it's their favourite pastime) they can still do that.

Don't forget 5 pts for a home game as well from the Fleetwood game.

I have stated previously that I think the ticket office should open later on some nights to allow people to go there who work during the day. I would hope that if there is a game where they feel there is likely to be a high demand they may stay open until 7.

They could set a high points requirement for the Monday then open later on the Tuesday. This would allow high points non IT people to go Tuesday day then any non IT ST holders can queue ready for 6pm where somebody in the club shop will just use the same system as we would at home to buy their ticket.

22 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

I have stated previously that I think the ticket office should open later on some nights to allow people to go there who work during the day. I would hope that if there is a game where they feel there is likely to be a high demand they may stay open until 7.

They could set a high points requirement for the Monday then open later on the Tuesday. This would allow high points non IT people to go Tuesday day then any non IT ST holders can queue ready for 6pm where somebody in the club shop will just use the same system as we would at home to buy their ticket.

Seems a good system that.

With the membership it asks for your email address, if I put the memberships under 3 different names, but ALL under my email address when signing into my account will I be able to purchase 3 discounted tickets? Or will it have to be 3 different email addresses which will be a pain!!

So I am showing as 1 loyalty point for this season even though I have a season ticket. However, I was still able to purchase an Exeter Ticket online once whatever issue there was with the system was announced as rectified. So it must register that you are a season ticket holder from your account. Checked my loyalty points now on 11.
Have emailed the ticket office to rectify the 125points that also should be showing.
Response from the ticket office

I have checked your account and can see that the loyalty points are showing on "All time". We are working on changing these to "This season".

So looks like they are sorting things so this seasons points are updated for everyone. If they have to do that manually may take a while!!

1 hour ago, The Zee Bird said:

Response from the ticket office

I have checked your account and can see that the loyalty points are showing on "All time". We are working on changing these to "This season".

So looks like they are sorting things so this seasons points are updated for everyone. If they have to do that manually may take a while!!

Got until the Burton sales to sort it.

I buy 2 season tickets every year so I have 300+ points. I am not sure if I can buy 2 away tickets for a game or just one as my partner doesn't have her own online account. Would be useful to know that I don't have to buy one ticket on Monday and another on Tuesday if we want to go to an away game. 

I buy 2 season tickets every year so I have 300+ points. I am not sure if I can buy 2 away tickets for a game or just one as my partner doesn't have her own online account. Would be useful to know that I don't have to buy one ticket on Monday and another on Tuesday if we want to go to an away game. 
I assume the points are per ST holder, you are the account holder so should be able to buy 2 tickets at the same time.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

On 26/07/2022 at 20:43, taldar said:

With the membership it asks for your email address, if I put the memberships under 3 different names, but ALL under my email address when signing into my account will I be able to purchase 3 discounted tickets? Or will it have to be 3 different email addresses which will be a pain!!

Was wondering the same myself..

20 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

Was wondering the same myself..

I emailed the ticket office and had this back 24hours later,

Hi

You will need a separate e mail address for each membership.

Also, you will need to book each membership seperately.

Do not book multiple memberships at one time

but as I was expecting no reply, I just went ahead and bought the tickets under my account with their names but my email. I signed in everyday since and didn't have any discounts until today where I get 2 adult discounts and 1 concession discount, so even though I was advised NOT to do what I did after i'd already done it, the system works how I thought it should, yet the ticket office don't seem to be aware of it, 

Archived