onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Loyalty Scheme Anomalies

Breadwinner

3 minutes ago, Properman said:

Season ticket holders. But I know they wont give card details over the net, even when I offer. If I do any thing for them they give me the cash, cant do that over the net can you.

Only if you used your card or even have a card just for ticket transactions is the only way I see it, but an imposition on you. The ticket office may be willing to set up a service for non IT STs which is something that needs looking into.

Advert

20 minutes ago, Properman said:

Season ticket holders. But I know they wont give card details over the net, even when I offer. If I do any thing for them they give me the cash, cant do that over the net can you.

You can still go up to the club.  At 3 in the morning if you wish.

14 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

You can still go up to the club.  At 3 in the morning if you wish.

Why 3 in the morning, this is such a good scheme if they put them on sale at 9 in the morning they will be the only ones there, everyone else is doing it online which is always easy isnt it?

1 minute ago, Properman said:

Why 3 in the morning, this is such a good scheme if they put them on sale at 9 in the morning they will be the only ones there, everyone else is doing it online which is always easy isnt it?

As I said before the Ticket Office need to look into it, how many Non IT STs are there?

Properman - I think you're making a semi-interesting point but I'd suggest that as the season goes on the points distribution will become more varied and as such, each window will likely give an opportunity for everyone within that points band to secure a ticket either online, by phone or in person.

They had to start somewhere and therefore 6k fans with 125 points for an allocation of 1200. I'm hoping that for Burton, it'll start on 135+ (ie. 125 for ST + 10 points for Exeter away), which will reward/prioritize the 500 or so who travel down to Exeter. That's how it should work. It'd mean that anyone who has an ST and travelled to Exeter is guaranteed a ticket in the initial 24 hour window and if they really enjoy queuing on car parks (it seems for many Vale fans it's their favourite pastime) they can still do that.

3 in the morning, 9 in the morning, 3 in the afternoon.  Take your pick.  The point being anyone can still go up to the ticket office, with cash if you like, and buy tickets.  If you want to buy online you can. You’re making it sound harder than it actually is.

2 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

Properman - I think you're making a semi-interesting point but I'd suggest that as the season goes on the points distribution will become more varied and as such, each window will likely give an opportunity for everyone within that points band to secure a ticket either online, by phone or in person.

They had to start somewhere and therefore 6k fans with 125 points for an allocation of 1200. I'm hoping that for Burton, it'll start on 135+ (ie. 125 for ST + 10 points for Exeter away), which will reward/prioritize the 500 or so who travel down to Exeter. That's how it should work. It'd mean that anyone who has an ST and travelled to Exeter is guaranteed a ticket in the initial 24 hour window and if they really enjoy queuing on car parks (it seems for many Vale fans it's their favourite pastime) they can still do that.

I dont disagree with the scheme, I just think if they went on sale when the ticket office opened they have the choice. If they want to stand in the rain still a choice, my concern is if they dont do online they have no choice.

4 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

3 in the morning, 9 in the morning, 3 in the afternoon.  Take your pick.  The point being anyone can still go up to the ticket office, with cash if you like, and buy tickets.  If you want to buy online you can. You’re making it sound harder than it actually is.

If they go on sale at 6 (I am talking for the first few games, burton, derby) they will be be gone by 9 in the morning.

If they go on sale at 6 (I am talking for the first few games, burton, derby) they will be be gone by 9 in the morning.

Will your Non IT mates be going to Exeter? If they buy tickets for Exeter they should be certain of a Burton ticket which they will be able to pick up and pay cash for at 9am on the Tuesday of the sales week.

26 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Will your Non IT mates be going to Exeter? If they buy tickets for Exeter they should be certain of a Burton ticket which they will be able to pick up and pay cash for at 9am on the Tuesday of the sales week.

I dont know, but the problem will come up for the burton game. If you go on what points you have, just checked mine I have 281 points, how does that work?

5 minutes ago, Properman said:

I dont know, but the problem will come up for the burton game. If you go on what points you have, just checked mine I have 281 points, how does that work?

The system has not been cleaned up yet, it has lots of anomalies which always happen when data is moved from one or more systems to another.  You get basic  ST points, then points as games are played, and points for away tickets bought. Thus your points will increase through the season, hopefully the club will give us some examples when they explain the system in more detail.

3 hours ago, Properman said:

There is a points system in place so it remains to be seen for all of those games.  Some fans already have hundreds of points and who knows what the club will set the bar at.

Archived