onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Loyalty Scheme Anomalies

Breadwinner

Bought my season ticket then got a junior valiants ticket for my son at a later date. The account had my details on but they have updated them to my 2 year old sons. Both season ticket purchases are in the points history.

As its not a priority I will highlight it to them once the start of season rush is over but it can go on the spreadsheet.

Advert

THIS IS A REPLY FROM THE CLUB

Thank you for your email. 

The loyalty scheme only started this season so any points from last season will not be counted. 

The club are working on integrating the shop and ticket office but at the moment, points are not allocated for purchases made in the shop. 

The loyalty points are allocated to each individual account even when purchased in a group. In terms of away tickets, it will still be 1 ticket per season ticket holder. 

4 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

So by that reply I would expect that match points etc will be zeroed when the system is cleaned up, history will be ignored.

I think we will still see our history. But points at the moment should match to your season ticket or membership. But looks that is not happening in some cases.

4 minutes ago, ladymedina said:

I think we will still see our history. But points at the moment should match to your season ticket or membership. But looks that is not happening in some cases.

I meant ignored from a points view,  I assume it was quicker to move the old data onto the Loyalty System and clean it up, rather than build from scratch. Pity the cleaning up was not done before access was given, but time is not always available.

So I am showing as 1 loyalty point for this season even though I have a season ticket. However, I was still able to purchase an Exeter Ticket online once whatever issue there was with the system was announced as rectified. So it must register that you are a season ticket holder from your account. Checked my loyalty points now on 11.
Have emailed the ticket office to rectify the 125points that also should be showing.

3 hours ago, Alsager Whites said:

major problem with starting the points last season it is retrospectively punishing people when they didn't know the system existed.

if there's a group of 6 lads, and lad A bought all the tickets as he has an account and is all set up then he's sat there on 12 million points or whatever and his mates are on zip. they all went to the same number of games.

as a result, the other lads have been punished for not predicting a system that didn't exist! these lads are now playing catch up and might have to wait 6-12 months before they can start getting priority.

fresh slate for me. if its starting this season then points start from this season. you can't reward/punish fans for accumulating points that have been retrospectively created out of thin air. ridiculous.

now we know the rules we can do it properly but wrong to do it for last season when no one knew the rules!!! get the details sorted vale. derby away this season should not be dictated by games last season when no one knew of loyalty points.

Exactly this.  I've just had this very conversation with my mate, who has loads more points than me, because he got a lot of our tickets last season, despite us going to the same games in the same car!

1 hour ago, Phil said:

The points on people's accounts at the moment do not mean anything, all will be reset to nil and it will start afresh from Saturday. 

So I've got to buy another season ticket after Saturday if i want to use my 125 points for away games? Bloody hell.

2 hours ago, ladymedina said:
THIS IS A REPLY FROM THE CLUB

Thank you for your email. 

The loyalty scheme only started this season so any points from last season will not be counted. 

The club are working on integrating the shop and ticket office but at the moment, points are not allocated for purchases made in the shop. 

The loyalty points are allocated to each individual account even when purchased in a group. In terms of away tickets, it will still be 1 ticket per season ticket holder. 

'At the moment' points are not allocated for purchases made in the shop.

So, what do club shop purchases have to do with away travel loyalty for tickets?  It's entirely separate.

I'm 44 - I rarely buy footy tops or Vale branded stuff.  So, full-kit-wonker who has 9 kids and buys them all Vale tracksuits and pencil cases but only goes to the odd away game gets priority over someone who travels away to more games but cannot get his hands on a high-priority small allocation ticket?

That needs booting right into touch!

4 minutes ago, Bede said:

'At the moment' points are not allocated for purchases made in the shop.

So, what do club shop purchases have to do with away travel loyalty for tickets?  It's entirely separate.

I'm 44 - I rarely buy footy tops or Vale branded stuff.  So, full-kit-wonker who has 9 kids and buys them all Vale tracksuits and pencil cases but only goes to the odd away game gets priority over someone who travels away to more games but cannot get his hands on a high-priority small allocation ticket?

That needs booting right into touch!

I wondered about that, but it could be just for measuring shop spend and giving extra discounts in the shop, as you say needs confirming.

Archived