• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Fleetwood Town

Advert:

Back on topic.

Was great to see Holden (what a good twitter teaser song from our media team on Friday ..  'Hold on for one more day!') and Captain Tom on the pitch. Think the strength of our subs bench has never been stronger.

Attendance over 10,000 for Bolton?

12 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Back on topic.

Was great to see Holden (what a good twitter teaser song from our media team on Friday ..  'Hold on for one more day!') and Captain Tom on the pitch. Think the strength of our subs bench has never been stronger.

Attendance over 10,000 for Bolton?

Think we'll comfortably hit 10k, i'd be shocked if they didn't bring 3k+

How the hell was Connor Hall still playing non-league football at the age of 26? It's astounding in the days of advanced analytics and extensive scouting that nobody recognised his talent - and when they did it was Harrogate Town!

• Like 3

Fleetwood boss confirms their striker Promise Omochere is out for at least a month with a fractured eye socket after Smithy headed him into next week and walked off like nothing had happened. Hard as nails. 

Advert:

19 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Fleetwood boss confirms their striker Promise Omochere is out for at least a month with a fractured eye socket after Smithy headed him into next week and walked off like nothing had happened. Hard as nails. 

I thought it was Cass - who then got ridiculously booked by the (awful) referee. 

Scott Brown has said of the challenge - "He was very brave going in for that challenge, which was just two players wanting to win the ball … but their player was a bit quicker." 

I don't know if you can appeal yellows like you can red cards but after that quote from Brown, I'd be tempted to get the FA to look at the footage again. 

2 minutes ago, robf said:

I thought it was Cass - who then got ridiculously booked by the (awful) referee. 

Scott Brown has said of the challenge - "He was very brave going in for that challenge, which was just two players wanting to win the ball … but their player was a bit quicker." 

I don't know if you can appeal yellows like you can red cards but after that quote from Brown, I'd be tempted to get the FA to look at the footage again. 

No it was Smith, Cass wasn't carded at all on Saturday looking at the match stats. Smith was carded in the 69th minute with Promise subbed off in the 73rd for Garner.

8 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

No it was Smith, Cass wasn't carded at all on Saturday looking at the match stats. Smith was carded in the 69th minute with Promise subbed off in the 73rd for Garner.

Ah OK - thanks. I'm sure whichever Vale player it was, was carded for the incident though - a crazy yellow considering even the opposition manager thinks their was no malice.