onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Fleetwood Town

Fosse69

Advert

Seems like folk took my post the wrong way ,yes delighted with the heart character and spirit shown to come back from 1 down to win 2-1 and delighted with first half showing where we outran and outfought Fleetwood after initial first ten .
Second half was nothing of note write home about seemed like we settled on a 2-1 win at the break and luckily there player flicked on wide instead of in the back of the net or our lets sit back approach would have cost us a point .
Nice win that going forwards need a lot more than what we showed second half but obviously delighted with attendance and the application of every player who wore the shirt .
UTV
Marks
Stone 6 nowt do
Cass 7 industrious links the play like him defensively sound also.
Smith 8 great goal won his battles throughout
Hall 8.5 dodgy start then immense great set up for Smith's goal and lovely slot in for winner .
Worrall 7.4 never stopped he was generally very good .
Charsley 7.3 same as Worrall
Garrity 6.6 quiet one for BG but did his job
Mcdermott 6.6 never stopped being the first line of defence didn't have a goal attempt but chases and harried and did a team Job.
Benning 6.5 seemed lack confidence go past anyone needs to find his play off final form .
Ojo 6.7 involved in winning goal didn't see that much of him like Pett does his job and you hardly notice
Proctor 7 tireless
Subs
Holden looks like has something to offer .
Forrester looks a excellent acquisition helped us see out game looks a proper defender .
All in all a excellent win .
OK when I said I cannot say I enjoyed it was mainly our negative second half display everything else I loved the first half the win and the fact 8000 turning up at Vale because of the way the place is run
UTV

12 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:
OK when I said I cannot say I enjoyed it was mainly our negative second half display everything else I loved the first half the win and the fact 8000 turning up at Vale because of the way the place is run
UTV

I think it was a managed 2nd half performance. We never looked like conceding, it was pretty comfortable.

1st game of the season it would have been physically impossible to keep up the intensity we played with in that excellent 1st half.

Hopefully the crowd keep turning up all season. The players deserve it for the effort they put in each game.

13 hours ago, MBE said:

One for the stato’s

A36DC610-D58B-42B4-8443-9423DF94FFB1.jpeg

That's about as damming as it get's from a Fleetwood perspective. I know it's only the first game but I've had Fleetwood in a relegation treble ahead of the season, and after watching that yesterday i'm pretty happy with my choice. 

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

That's about as damming as it get's from a Fleetwood perspective. I know it's only the first game but I've had Fleetwood in a relegation treble ahead of the season, and after watching that yesterday i'm pretty happy with my choice. 

Who are your other 2 in your relegation treble, Stoke and Crewe ?

14 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Seems like folk took my post the wrong way ,yes delighted with the heart character and spirit shown to come back from 1 down to win 2-1 and delighted with first half showing where we outran and outfought Fleetwood after initial first ten .
Second half was nothing of note write home about seemed like we settled on a 2-1 win at the break and luckily there player flicked on wide instead of in the back of the net or our lets sit back approach would have cost us a point .
Nice win that going forwards need a lot more than what we showed second half but obviously delighted with attendance and the application of every player who wore the shirt .
UTV
Marks
Stone 6 nowt do
Cass 7 industrious links the play like him defensively sound also.
Smith 8 great goal won his battles throughout
Hall 8.5 dodgy start then immense great set up for Smith's goal and lovely slot in for winner .
Worrall 7.4 never stopped he was generally very good .
Charsley 7.3 same as Worrall
Garrity 6.6 quiet one for BG but did his job
Mcdermott 6.6 never stopped being the first line of defence didn't have a goal attempt but chases and harried and did a team Job.
Benning 6.5 seemed lack confidence go past anyone needs to find his play off final form .
Ojo 6.7 involved in winning goal didn't see that much of him like Pett does his job and you hardly notice
Proctor 7 tireless
Subs
Holden looks like has something to offer .
Forrester looks a excellent acquisition helped us see out game looks a proper defender .
All in all a excellent win .
UTV

I have to say Tactically excellent again from Darrell.

2nd Half he really showed why he is such an excellent manager knowing the fitness levels of his players and adapting the style of play to suit those levels and see out the game to get the 3 points.

UTV

I have to say Tactically excellent again from Darrell.
2nd Half he really showed why he is such an excellent manager knowing the fitness levels of his players and adapting the style of play to suit those levels and see out the game to get the 3 points.
UTV
Not possible for us to go full tilt for 90 mins, though 5 subs may help, we either settle it 1st half or contain then rip them apart in the 2nd half. Not that football keeps to a plan.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Back on topic.

Was great to see Holden (what a good twitter teaser song from our media team on Friday ..  'Hold on for one more day!') and Captain Tom on the pitch. Think the strength of our subs bench has never been stronger.

Attendance over 10,000 for Bolton?

12 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Back on topic.

Was great to see Holden (what a good twitter teaser song from our media team on Friday ..  'Hold on for one more day!') and Captain Tom on the pitch. Think the strength of our subs bench has never been stronger.

Attendance over 10,000 for Bolton?

Think we'll comfortably hit 10k, i'd be shocked if they didn't bring 3k+

19 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Fleetwood boss confirms their striker Promise Omochere is out for at least a month with a fractured eye socket after Smithy headed him into next week and walked off like nothing had happened. Hard as nails. 

I thought it was Cass - who then got ridiculously booked by the (awful) referee. 

Scott Brown has said of the challenge - "He was very brave going in for that challenge, which was just two players wanting to win the ball … but their player was a bit quicker." 

I don't know if you can appeal yellows like you can red cards but after that quote from Brown, I'd be tempted to get the FA to look at the footage again. 

Archived