onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Fleetwood Town

Fosse69

Love this, we just have to be mindful of when he makes a mistake playing like this not to criticise - because he inevitably will. Not because I don’t rate Stone, because because even Neuer made mistakes playing that kind of game. It comes with the territory. But if executed perfectly will help us far more than it hinders.
100%, I think it will be a big help to us. Smithy for all his very good traits, isn't the quickest. Having Stone ready to snuff out balls over the top can't be a bad thing.

Advert

2 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

I was a bit upset with the size of the crowd in the bycars - I didn't spend 315 quid just to find people suddenly sitting all around me, and to top it off, they started singing - WTF!!!. Hoppers likes his personal space and peace n quiet, so hopefully they all bugger off soon - sort it out Auntie Carol 😉 

I had the same problem in the Railway Stand ,Hoppers.That’s my halftime kip gone west.Sort it out Auntie Carol.

Great result from the Lads yesterday. I don’t care what anyone says (and people will no doubt point to Forest last year) but a good start does in the majority of cases seem to set the tone for the season. Yes it’s only the first game but Its important to get off the mark early while everyone is still buzzing from last year, and try and build a bit of momentum.

Interesting see if we can get something at Exeter, who are likely to be in a similar position to us I’d expect.

Watched the highlights on iPlayer, we obviously looked dangerous off set-plays (incredibly!) but didn’t seem too much from open play. Shows how important that role is Wilson plays. We need another player of that ilk as he isn’t going to be fit for 90 mins every Saturday / Tuesday / Saturday.

You could make the same argument about Proctor, hence another target man would also be nice.

My feeling is we are still short of a midfielder with a bit of craft and guile (is Ojo that man?) but if we get the first two, plus a goalie, that being a bit greedy. 

Well that was a disappointing start for us. Well at least we went top of the league 6 minutes in. No excuses although i couldn`t understand the decision to leave our best goalkeeper on the bench. Hopefully we have Rooney and Morton fir for next week , two of our best players . Well deserved win for you guys and Scott Brown was right ,  feedback from our fans was we got out fought , out muscled and out played. There is always a team that does better than you expect in this league .Last season it was Plymouth and Accrington , maybe this year it could be PVFC. I hope we don`t have another season like last year , here`s hoping. Anyhow best of luck until March 11th 2023 when you turn up at our place. Catch you all then 

49 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Great result from the Lads yesterday. I don’t care what anyone says (and people will no doubt point to Forest last year) but a good start does in the majority of cases seem to set the tone for the season. Yes it’s only the first game but Its important to get off the mark early while everyone is still buzzing from last year, and try and build a bit of momentum.

Interesting see if we can get something at Exeter, who are likely to be in a similar position to us I’d expect.

Watched the highlights on iPlayer, we obviously looked dangerous off set-plays (incredibly!) but didn’t seem too much from open play. Shows how important that role is Wilson plays. We need another player of that ilk as he isn’t going to be fit for 90 mins every Saturday / Tuesday / Saturday.

You could make the same argument about Proctor, hence another target man would also be nice.

My feeling is we are still short of a midfielder with a bit of craft and guile (is Ojo that man?) but if we get the first two, plus a goalie, that being a bit greedy. 

I thought Holden was very impressive as a sub. I hold back a little in praise because a sub gets some space to perform against a tiring team in warm conditions. 

21 minutes ago, Warren said:

I thought Holden was very impressive as a sub. I hold back a little in praise because a sub gets some space to perform against a tiring team in warm conditions. 

I must admit I really liked the look of him. Really technical tricky player. If we can get him fit and confident in his body I think we could have a very player.

27 minutes ago, Warren said:

Yes he looked up and ready for it. He has guile and nous which will unlock many defences. However was it just me........every time they kicked him I grimaced thinking oh no here we go.

Just now, onestepatatime said:

Yes he looked up and ready for it. He has guile and onus which will unlock many defences. However was it just me........every time they kicked him I grimaced thinking oh no here we go.

I was the same the first one as he stayed down for a second or two and thought ‘oh no’ but then he got back up and seemed to gather a bit of confidence out of getting through that. Got nice close control and seems quite clever at drawing a foul out of the defender. Could see him even getting us a couple of penalties as the season goes on but that might just be getting carried away.

I take it Cassy wasn’t injured? Was that tactical?

lets also hope Massey, Pett, Walker, Hussey are getting match fitness into them on Tuesday ready to available for Exeter.

10 minutes ago, 1 said:

I take it Cassy wasn’t injured? Was that tactical?

lets also hope Massey, Pett, Walker, Hussey are getting match fitness into them on Tuesday ready to available for Exeter.

With the 5 subs rule change I think we’ll see a lot of fit players subbed. 
Makes sense to keep as many of them fit and fresh for the next game. 
Gone are the days where it’s viewed as a poor performance / injury to be subbed. 

58 minutes ago, Vic said:

Well that was a disappointing start for us. Well at least we went top of the league 6 minutes in. No excuses although i couldn`t understand the decision to leave our best goalkeeper on the bench. Hopefully we have Rooney and Morton fir for next week , two of our best players . Well deserved win for you guys and Scott Brown was right ,  feedback from our fans was we got out fought , out muscled and out played. There is always a team that does better than you expect in this league .Last season it was Plymouth and Accrington , maybe this year it could be PVFC. I hope we don`t have another season like last year , here`s hoping. Anyhow best of luck until March 11th 2023 when you turn up at our place. Catch you all then 

Yeh OK! Thanks for your good wishes.

I wish you well for the rest of the season, as I do live in Preesall.

Archived