onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Fleetwood Town

Fosse69

Advert

2 hours ago, blackdog said:

Garrity took a knock early on and was limping quite heavily, I was surprised he wasn't taken off.

Hall is destined for the Championship or even the Premiership you heard it here first !!! he is different gravy to anything we have seen over the last few years at the Vale

Off topic, I know...but Groundhog Day??

• This Day in History

• 1957 Goalkeeper Neil McAdam is born.
    • 2016 Port Vale defeat a Man Utd XI 4-2 in a pre-season friendly game.
    • 2020 Goals from Nathan Smith and Connor Hall give Port Vale a 2-1 win over Fleetwood Town.

One thing is clear to me. The amount of <ovf censored> Benning, Garrity and Charsley have had thrown at them for not being up to it, needing to be moved on and create space for better players, good for L2 but trash for L1 etc ... they obviously don’t read what’s said about them, or don’t care because they just get better and better and continue to defy the critics. That’s the mentality we hold out for in the transfer market, and if we’d got players of their ability without their mental strength instead of them, we’d have come undone last season and be a weak team now. I’m seeing what the DC and the team have been saying now, and I’m recognising why it’s a non-negotiable component of every player we bring in, not to be ignored if they are talented. And by the way, I’ve bashed those players too, and I was wrong and will probably continue to be proven wrong.

1 minute ago, 1 said:

One thing is clear to me. The amount of <ovf censored> Benning, Garrity and Charsley have had thrown at them for not being up to it, needing to be moved on and create space for better players, good for L2 but trash for L1 etc ... they obviously don’t read what’s said about them, or don’t care because they just get better and better and continue to defy the critics. That’s the mentality we hold out for in the transfer market, and if we’d got players of their ability without their mental strength instead of them, we’d have come undone last season and be a weak team now. I’m seeing what the DC and the team have been saying now, and I’m recognising why it’s a non-negotiable component of every player we bring in, not to be ignored if they are talented. And by the way, I’ve bashed those players too, and I was wrong and will probably continue to be proven wrong.

Selfless pro's. Play where they are told to for the good of the team. That sums this group up...

Not sure I remember a game when so many people have a different MOTM, I've seen Smith, Benning, Proctor, Ojo, Charsley and Hall mentioned at least. For what it's worth I thought Charlsey was a real stand out although I'd give it Hall for a centre half scoring and assisting and having an otherwise great game too.

The fans were amazing today too. The roar after their goal, the ovation for McDermott, the reaction to Forrester and Conlon coming on. There's just so much goodwill around the place at the minute.

Stoke's fine preseason form continuing, Swindon's title challenge off to a blinder (and they missed another pen LOL). What a day, so glad it's back.

29 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Not sure I remember a game when so many people have a different MOTM, I've seen Smith, Benning, Proctor, Ojo, Charsley and Hall mentioned at least. For what it's worth I thought Charlsey was a real stand out although I'd give it Hall for a centre half scoring and assisting and having an otherwise great game too.

The fans were amazing today too. The roar after their goal, the ovation for McDermott, the reaction to Forrester and Conlon coming on. There's just so much goodwill around the place at the minute.

Stoke's fine preseason form continuing, Swindon's title challenge off to a blinder (and they missed another pen LOL). What a day, so glad it's back.

Thought Hall had a poor first 15 minutes and was immense thereafter.  Not sure how we rejigged but they initially had a lot of joy with the ball in between Hall and advanced Benning. 

Charsley was good, although he was the beneficiary of a good triangle with Cass and Wozz. Not sure he was better, or worse, than last season but Cass, Charsley and Worrall have clearly worked hard as a unit to create space on the right.

First 15 our main threat was on the left but it was also where we got exposed. We tightened up defensively on the left and pushed on more on the right.  I'd probably give Charrsley mom; but really I think it reflected hard work on the interplay on that side. 

7 hours ago, Super Sagi Burton said:

Brilliant result today. Especially considering that once all transfer business is done and players are back to full fitness there will probably be a much stronger starting 11 for the majority of games this season. It’s fair to say that Stone, Charsley, Proc and McD won’t be regular starters (Stone if we sign a new first choice GK). But they put such a shift in today, it’s so promising to know this was a ‘weakened’ side. I personally don’t think we’ll be anywhere near those bottom 4 spots come May with the quality that we have now, and the squad will be even stronger come Sept 1st. 

Also, i know that fleetwood survived by the skin of their teeth last season - but I’ve added a post from the transfer rumours thread from the other day that makes for interesting reading. I think their squad is stronger than most will realise based on this. I think the season before last they flirted with playoffs whilst Barton was there. Their fans seem to have high hopes for the season so for us to dominate the game in the manor that we did today is probably more impressive than first thought. 

45E06FC5-A6CA-4747-9895-84ACD12787E0.jpeg

That gives me comfort as I was thinking if this was the worst team that survived then this will be a tough season (despite us having plenty more to offer). They didn't look that bad a side and certainly better than 90% of the duffers in League 2.

As we had to step up and were the only team to beat a team who were in the division above last season, Clarke is nailed on for manager of the month for July. 😄

Great start for us, we did what we had to do. Another win next week and we could see a 12k plus gate v Bolton and 10k v Portsmouth.

An average attendance of over 10k for 6 homes games on the trot, none of them cup games would be something I have never seen. It probably wont happen but these are really good times for our club right now.

25 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Abysmal really. 

Bolton will bring 2500 easily. They took 1500 to Ipswich. 

Great home support from us today hopefully that continues. 

I think 2k minimum if they are doing OK. If they win the next few then maybe 3k+. They have always traveled in numbers to Vale Park. Always a good atmosphere against them.

What a start to life in league 1, we certainly carried through the belief! I missed the 1st 10 mins of the game… which seems like (from comments) that it did me a favor

From what I witnessed we played them off the park, so many great performances all over the pitch. Special mentions to the defensive trio of Cass, smith and Hall - thought they were all magnificent and contributing 2 goals, what more can you ask for (clean sheet maybe…)

The ground improvements were excellent, what they’ve done at the front of the railway what a difference that has made! loved seeing the RW Suite - glass, nice lights shining through, great to see all of that full!

The management team, superb!!! This club is in the most positive place I’ve ever known, feels great to be a Vale fan!

Hats off to those that turned up, a gate of over 8k, makes you feel tremendously proud of our club.

UTV

Archived