onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Fleetwood Town

Fosse69

Advert

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

No forwards on there, Conlon, Walker and Holden coming back from bad injuries, thought it was missing a bit personally (attacking wise anyway) think it was ok for today, but maybe not if we’re chasing the game 

In fairness mate, we were chasing the game after 5 minutes, but as you say, when you consider who is yet to come back, it bodes well 😍😍😍

I thought they absolutely crunched Rory holden every time he got the ball, and to his credit he just got up and carried on. Would have been interesting to see where his free kick would have ended up if Fleetwoods player haddnt stuck his big edd in the way

VAAALE    VAAALE   VAAALE 

1 hour ago, jeffers said:

For those with their glasses half full we are only four places behind Sjoke. For those half empty that’s three points clear of the relegation teams. Hope you enjoyed life back in division 1, shame some still cannot comment on the good result.

Not sure what the confused imoges are for. My point is that there are certain people who are quick to post negative news / comments who still can’t give a little positivity to our first game / win in league one. As Delia would say “where are you”.

For me looking ever upwards, we are just FOUR places below Sjoke in the football league. 

5 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

In fairness mate, we were chasing the game after 5 minutes, but as you say, when you consider who is yet to come back, it bodes well 😍😍😍

I thought they absolutely crunched Rory holden every time he got the ball, and to his credit he just got up and carried on. Would have been interesting to see where his free kick would have ended up if Fleetwoods player haddnt stuck his big edd in the way

VAAALE    VAAALE   VAAALE 

Add a few decent strikers into the side and we’re in a really good place. I winced at every tackle on him, that free kick did look close though 

Not sure what the confused imoges are for. My point is that there are certain people who are quick to post negative news / comments who still can’t give a little positivity to our first game / win in league one. As Delia would say “where are you”.
For me looking ever upwards, we are just FOUR places below Sjoke in the football league. 
Certain people

Just watching the highlights show and never quite realised from down the other end of the pitch just what a lovely goal that was that Smudge scored starting with the way Hall beat his man like a seasoned winger would and then the finish from Smudge.

At least we have a full week now before the next game so will see what that brings in terms of recruitment. 

Brilliant result today. Especially considering that once all transfer business is done and players are back to full fitness there will probably be a much stronger starting 11 for the majority of games this season. It’s fair to say that Stone, Charsley, Proc and McD won’t be regular starters (Stone if we sign a new first choice GK). But they put such a shift in today, it’s so promising to know this was a ‘weakened’ side. I personally don’t think we’ll be anywhere near those bottom 4 spots come May with the quality that we have now, and the squad will be even stronger come Sept 1st. 

Also, i know that fleetwood survived by the skin of their teeth last season - but I’ve added a post from the transfer rumours thread from the other day that makes for interesting reading. I think their squad is stronger than most will realise based on this. I think the season before last they flirted with playoffs whilst Barton was there. Their fans seem to have high hopes for the season so for us to dominate the game in the manor that we did today is probably more impressive than first thought. 

45E06FC5-A6CA-4747-9895-84ACD12787E0.jpeg

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Was always going happen that. Probably would have started in league 1 for us today!!! I still fancy we will sign him in a year or so as our player 

That was a well taken goal for us at Wembley that cements his place in folklore etc. I hope he succeeds at Bradford. Mark Hughes is a top manager. 

Some great players have done incredibly stupid things when the mist discends Cantona comes immediately to mind. But topping it all Zidane in a World Cup Final. 

2 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Think McDermott is miles away yet physically but didn't disgrace himself at all, and if we have a full fit squad wouldn't have made the bench yet. He probably learned more this afternoon than all of his prior games at youth level combined.

When I was 17 I was still watching Saved By The Bell and had only just stopped believing that Santa was real, so fair play to him.

ffs you telling me Santa isn't real l😂😂

Brilliant result today. Especially considering that once all transfer business is done and players are back to full fitness there will probably be a much stronger starting 11 for the majority of games this season. It’s fair to say that Stone, Charsley, Proc and McD won’t be regular starters (Stone if we sign a new first choice GK). But they put such a shift in today, it’s so promising to know this was a ‘weakened’ side. I personally don’t think we’ll be anywhere near those bottom 4 spots come May with the quality that we have now, and the squad will be even stronger come Sept 1st. 

Also, i know that fleetwood survived by the skin of their teeth last season - but I’ve added a post from the transfer rumours thread from the other day that makes for interesting reading. I think their squad is stronger than most will realise based on this. I think the season before last they flirted with playoffs whilst Barton was there. Their fans seem to have high hopes for the season so for us to dominate the game in the manor that we did today is probably more impressive than first thought. 

45E06FC5-A6CA-4747-9895-84ACD12787E0.thumb.jpeg.31b8489b8f04acc062f143d93c2fcd18.jpeg
If Charsley plays like that every week he's the new first name on the teamsheet for me

Archived