onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Fleetwood Town

Fosse69

Advert

6 minutes ago, Warren said:

Overall I thought we deserved to win after being sluggish at the start. I thought Fleetwood were decent League 1 fayre but likely to be nearer the bottom than top. Therefore we can't get too pleased with ourselves. 

Yes a very pleasing and deserved win.

Take your point re. Fleetwood though - pretty sure I read that they've only won 1 since mid-January, and all previews/tipsters predict them to be bottom 6.

Exactly the type of team we need to/should be beating if we are to hold our own in this League.

2 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Yes a very pleasing and deserved win.

Take your point re. Fleetwood though - pretty sure I read that they've only won 1 since mid-January, and all previews/tipsters predict them to be bottom 6.

Exactly the type of team we need to/should be beating if we are to hold our own in this League.

Of course there's no point in being too smug about this win,but imagine how we'd all be feeling if we'd lost. As the old song said,"Be thankful for what you've got",tough season ahead,gonna be hard work but I think we've got a hard working squad utv!

1 hour ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Felt great to be at the vale again.

First 10 minutes we were awful but pretty much dominated the game after that. Thought Charsley and Worrall were excellent and never stopped. Hall and Smith were solid and won a lot of the balls. How Smith carried on after that nasty collision I'll never know, he's hard as nails. I was surprised to see young Tommy Mcdermott starting. What a debut though, you would think he had been playing mens football for years, even out muscled their lads. I try not to get over hyped about a youth player as we've been here before (lawrie , Turner to name a few) but a 17 year old making a debut like that is remarkable. 

Great to see vale packed too, vale park just has this professional feel about it now and it's great to see. 

Giving Scott brown his defeat as a manager in his first game was also satisfying. Always the blue side of Glasgow and I couldn't stand Brown as a footballer 

Stoke lost. Fans in meltdown and want pulis back 

Swindon absolutely hammered. Expecting their fans to cry to the FA about it being vales fault again. Emotional damage and all that 

Perfect Saturday. 

Up the bloody vale 

Good post. Particularly the bit about Scott Brown - saw someone on here the other day describe him as a "perfectly decent and respectable player" .....can only think that was a poorly attempted anagram of "complete and utter c**t"! 😆

Disappointing to see that L1 refereeing is equally as poor as L2. Booked Ojo for winning the ball and failed to book two of theirs for cynical fouls that stopped promising attacks. Would help if they got some refs who had played the games at a decent level.

In terms of the game, very sloppy first ten mins but bounced back well and did what we needed to do to win the game. Deserved to win and pleasing to do it from behind.

Didn’t look massively threatening from open play but perhaps not surprising with Wilson and Massey not in the squad, forward recruitment still pending and the likes of TC and Holden playing their first minutes in months.

Lets not kid ourselves. Fleetwood looked a bottom 6-8 side in the making so it was important we got the win. 

Good start but far tougher challenges ahead.

8 hours ago, Warren said:

Therefore we can't get too pleased with ourselves. 

I know what you're saying, but I think we can. After a really poor start our heads could have dropped going a goal down and we could have been in for a very long afternoon with the side we had out. To turn it around and comfortably see out the game against a team that probably won't struggle to stay in League One this season is a great effort.

Having Wilson, Massey and a fit Conlon starting will make a huge difference for us when they return.

3 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

I know what you're saying, but I think we can. After a really poor start our heads could have dropped going a goal down and we could have been in for a very long afternoon with the side we had out. To turn it around and comfortably see out the game against a team that probably won't struggle to stay in League One this season is a great effort.

Having Wilson, Massey and a fit Conlon starting will make a huge difference for us when they return.

Agree,but there will be much tougher challenges ahead, although I very much feel that if we can keep everyone fit we have a really promising squad.

Archived