onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Fleetwood Town

Fosse69

Advert

Felt great to be at the vale again.

First 10 minutes we were awful but pretty much dominated the game after that. Thought Charsley and Worrall were excellent and never stopped. Hall and Smith were solid and won a lot of the balls. How Smith carried on after that nasty collision I'll never know, he's hard as nails. I was surprised to see young Tommy Mcdermott starting. What a debut though, you would think he had been playing mens football for years, even out muscled their lads. I try not to get over hyped about a youth player as we've been here before (lawrie , Turner to name a few) but a 17 year old making a debut like that is remarkable. 

Great to see vale packed too, vale park just has this professional feel about it now and it's great to see. 

Giving Scott brown his defeat as a manager in his first game was also satisfying. Always the blue side of Glasgow and I couldn't stand Brown as a footballer 

Stoke lost. Fans in meltdown and want pulis back 

Swindon absolutely hammered. Expecting their fans to cry to the FA about it being vales fault again. Emotional damage and all that 

Perfect Saturday. 

Up the bloody vale 

Great result and deserved win in a solid performance.

Apart from the first ten minutes we were superb especially first half when we really got into them after the goal.

Connor Hall is a Rolls Royce of a defender and considering the players we had missing and the lack of forwards as yet I think it was a solid start.

Fleetwood couldn’t deal with our balls into the box first half and Worrall today was very good.

Also very mature performance from McDermott who did himself no harm today and was wise enough to be sensible after getting booked to not go in risky second half.

Saw enough signs that we should at least hold our own this season and felt we looked a better side than Fleetwood.

Just got in. So after ridiculous amount of beers my post will be jibberish  .

Excellent win. Mcdermott ran his knackers off without actually doing anything. Stone didn't make a single save. Hall, Smith, Worrall and Charsley were Excellent.

All in all a great day missing numerous first team regulars and we managed to put on a good show. 

Well done lads and onwards and upwards 

1 hour ago, DazFred said:

That's why I don't read his posts unless they show up on someone else's feed. Talks absolute tripe

First day back in a higher league, some super performances, great crowd, three points  and some still find the need to whinge. Sometimes, some of the remarks on here are utterly depressing. Always looking to pick the negatives out of anything that should be overwhelmingly positive.  Thankfully, most folk enjoy when we have good days at the Vale.  No doubt, we'll get handed a few stuffings this season,  so I'd better keep  away from OVF after such events in order to stay sane.

Dont normally comment, but thought I'd give it a go.
1. Rabbits in headlights first 15 mins, but got a grip afterwards.
2. Benning MOM for me, but others were up there.
3. No panic moments, and Management team have clearly got them listening.
4. Referee as bad as anything we had last season including Trevor. Very biased and inconsistent.
5. Ojo, Holden and Mcdermott all very steady and should fit the system.
6. Hope Vale appeal Smith yellow card. A yellow card is for only 6 reasons :-
Unsportman-like behaviour
Dissent by word or deed
Repeated infringement of the rules
Delaying the restart of play
Not maintaining the correct distance from a corner or free-kick.
Leaving or re-entering the field of play without the referee’s permission.
Clearly none of those fit the circumstances. If the referee deemed it be foulplay then surely it should have been a red card. A yellow. Simply doesn't fit.

I saw the incident and it was caused by the the Fleetwood player turning his head into Smith as Smith jumped. It was not a foul. If it was, should have been a red for dangerous play.. referee was poor.

Archived