onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Fleetwood Town

Fosse69

3 points that is the main thing, it was a bit of a bore fest, but who cares. There will be sterner tests ahead. For all the negative posts on here I thought Stone did not put a foot wrong.
Second half was slower but I would not call it boring. I don't know what game you were watching in the first but it was anything but boring, IMHO. Holding onto a lead first and foremost was the priority in the second half and we did it easily.

Advert

Very professional performance. We looked comfortable and rarely troubled after the first 15 mins. Funso looks very assured, the back 3 similar. Big shout out to Tommy McD, that standing ovation when he went off made the hairs stand up.

10 minutes ago, SFBT said:

🤠 Just what we need. A striker who lacks confidence and goals. 

You sell him well 😊

May have to take my sales skills off my resume after saying that 😧

Was highly rated at Bremen and has a few US caps, maybe thought he could get settled at Vale, but in hindsight if he wants to go to Qatar a move here wouldn't make sense.

Cannot say I enjoyed the game that much .
Glad they won with two excellent goals but second half was a non event as we never got anything going too busy hoofing it anywhere .
Showed resilience though so hats off to the players .
Smith and Hall joint men of the match I'd give them both a 8 everyone else 6 and sevens .
We are slow starters so that's a excellent win though.
Thought the crowd was very subdued (too much ale possibly .
Mid tables got to be the aim so 3 points is a very good start .
UTV

Why are Vale fans seemingly so random in deciding who gets their own song? McDermott has one already, Connor Hall got one for the first time (at home at least, I don't travel away) after 6 months, and Mal Benning, Tom Pett and Brad Walker don't have one? Just asking!

Anyone else care to agree with me that once again the ref was abysmal? He missed so many things and if Smith's yellow card is not rescinded by the FA then my name is Donald Duck! That was a TOTAL accident. Hope their lad is ok but to give a foul and book Smith was criminal.  Cracking 3 points Vale, good crowd and we have so much more to offer.

7 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Cannot say I enjoyed the game that much .
Glad they won with two excellent goals but second half was a non event as we never got anything going too busy hoofing it anywhere .
Showed resilience though so hats off to the players .
Smith and Hall joint men of the match I'd give them both a 8 everyone else 6 and sevens .
We are slow starters so that's a excellent win though.
Thought the crowd was very subdued (too much ale possibly .
Mid tables got to be the aim so 3 points is a very good start .
UTV

They can't please everyone. 

Thought we bossed the first half after a nervy opening 10 minutes. Charsley was excellent. I didn't think he had that level of skill in him! Two scrappy but well taken goals. Probably should have gone in at least 3.1up.

Second half they had more of the ball as I would have expected. That said, they didn't cause us any real problems at all, which was down to us holding our lines and harrying at the right points of the pitch. Just like last season.

McDermott did well I thought, in the context of a 17 yo making his professional debut. Certainly has a future.

Also liked the look of both Ojo and Forrester. Cass did well, and looked much more solid defensively.

We've recruited well again by the looks of it.

MOM for me was Connor Hall. Absolute man mountain today with no little quality. What a find he was.

With the likes of Wilson, Conlon, Walker and Massey to come back, we're in for a good season if today is replicated and improved on against better sides.
What he said...Summed up well for me.

They can't please everyone. 

Stoke were comfortable in the PL when the supporters decided that they were too boring. Now, as Hoppers has said, there's only 4 places between us. Be careful what you wish for at times. For me, there's a major difference between boring football, which we certainly don't set out to play, and most of the time don't, and seeing out a game professionally, which we did perfectly in the second half. How many times over the past 6 years have we cried out for a team able to take a lead and hold onto it?

12 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

Anyone else care to agree with me that once again the ref was abysmal? He missed so many things and if Smith's yellow card is not rescinded by the FA then my name is Donald Duck! That was a TOTAL accident. Hope their lad is ok but to give a foul and book Smith was criminal.  Cracking 3 points Vale, good crowd and we have so much more to offer.

He was awful but was also lenient on McDermott. Most refs would have sent him straight off. I don’t think intent was there but it was a high and dangerous challenge.

Archived