onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Fleetwood Town

Fosse69

Advert

Gritty performance by Vale, can't do any more than beat what's in front of you, a W is a W.

Superb finish from Smith and ridiculous booking. Worrall excellent and consistent week in week out. Good to see Conlon get some game time as there's no other player to put their foot on the ball/dictate the play in midfield.

Sterner tests than Fleetwood lie ahead.  Love to see the ploy when the opposition take a goal kick and their defenders line up level/behind the ball as it usually ends up with Vale winning back possession in the oppositions half/first third.

After a nervy 5 mins I thought we played very well with some excellent football. We do look a good team when we pass the ball around.

Managed the 2nd half well and with another striker score line would have been as comfortable as we were in the game. 

My MOTM Proctor but I would say that was the best performance I have seen from Charsley. Showed he’s got technical ability and not just energy. 

Hall was superb and the deliver from Woz and Benning was unbelievable.

Great start to the season.

15 minutes ago, VantaaVale said:

Somebody needs to flip a switch somewhere!

If someone on here gets on a call or sends text, tell them to remember the Vale expats please.

Same for me I can't get R&G. Get the feeling either iFollow or the BBC forget to set it up or flip a switch. I contacted them about not been able to access P&G last season and magically I could listen. Looks like will have to do the same again.

Radio Stoke Sounds via the internet doesn't work.

I was shocked at how the first 25 minutes played out, I thought if Fleetwood, who don't know how to win are playing us off vale park we're in for a long season. Shame on me, was so impressed by Wozza, Connor Hall struggled but never gave up and by the end of the game you'd have thought he played at this level his whole career. Harry Charsley had a great game, Smudge should be given a lifetime contract, McDermott unreal for 17.

I can go on about every player but I don't have the time. Random thought, I'd like to see Vale try to go after Josh Sargent on loan from Norwich, played today but lacks confidence and goals, I think he'd be a great addition to push on.

UTFV!

Good, committed performance once we woke up. Worralls work rate was fantastic,Charsley much more involved, McDermott I must credit with not being overawed,Funso doing the job as well as Pett...Hall and Smith pretty solid,hell, what's not to like about today. Nice drive home listening to Stoke fans blarting as well...

8 minutes ago, PennState_Vale said:

I was shocked at how the first 25 minutes played out, I thought if Fleetwood, who don't know how to win are playing us off vale park we're in for a long season. Shame on me, was so impressed by Wozza, Connor Hall struggled but never gave up and by the end of the game you'd have thought he played at this level his whole career. Harry Charsley had a great game, Smudge should be given a lifetime contract, McDermott unreal for 17.

I can go on about every player but I don't have the time. Random thought, I'd like to see Vale try to go after Josh Sargent on loan from Norwich, played today but lacks confidence and goals, I think he'd be a great addition to push on.

UTFV!

🤠 Just what we need. A striker who lacks confidence and goals. 

You sell him well 😊

Thought we bossed the first half after a nervy opening 10 minutes. Charsley was excellent. I didn't think he had that level of skill in him! Two scrappy but well taken goals. Probably should have gone in at least 3.1up.

Second half they had more of the ball as I would have expected. That said, they didn't cause us any real problems at all, which was down to us holding our lines and harrying at the right points of the pitch. Just like last season.

McDermott did well I thought, in the context of a 17 yo making his professional debut. Certainly has a future.

Also liked the look of both Ojo and Forrester. Cass did well, and looked much more solid defensively.

We've recruited well again by the looks of it.

MOM for me was Connor Hall. Absolute man mountain today with no little quality. What a find he was.

With the likes of Wilson, Conlon, Walker and Massey to come back, we're in for a good season if today is replicated and improved on against better sides.

Archived