onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Fleetwood Town

Fosse69

Advert

4 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

So why are we only planning on getting a proper squad together after the season has started?

If this was Stoke or Crewe, we'd be laughing our heads off at them.

As has been said many times, this wasn't the plan but rather to get the right players....some of the options didn't pan out .. we are competing against bigger clubs now for players.

Just now, LancyTony said:

We've been planning on getting a "proper squad" together since we found out which League we would be in - as you well know! I'd rather we wait for the players we need than sign another Theo Robinson in a panic buy! 

2 - 1 to the "improper" squad!!

We knew we needed a keeper in January. You can contingency plan for many different eventualities.

Anyway, let's just enjoy the game, I'm boring myself now!

6 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

So why are we only planning on getting a proper squad together after the season has started?

If this was Stoke or Crewe, we'd be laughing our heads off at them.

Rubbish… we have a proper squad in place for this game and the next few… by the end of August we ll be stronger still… wake up and smell the coffee we are on a 5 year journey here… not an afternoon home game against Fleetwood 

2 minutes ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

How is McDermott playing?? Is he playing as a forward??

Yeah, he’s not been too bad, blatantly inexperienced and probably not ready but he’s putting himself about, think he won the corner for the first goal as well. We’re definitely short up top though 

Come on you beauties!! UP THE VALE!

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Any reports of how the ground is today? Long ques, can’t hear the sound system etc?

Miffed that I can't be there today, but any photos and comments re ground improvements gratefully appreciated.

I’ll more than take that at half time. Think it’s been even other than 10 minutes where we dominated and the pressing was fantastic. Still think we’re a few signings away here, very short up top, McDermott done ok though given his age and experience. There keeper looks very poor, can’t get anything we cross, wouldn’t shock me if we really target that second half. Kick on 2nd half, we’re a better side than these even with injuries and lack of forwards 

Archived