onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Fleetwood Town

Fosse69

Advert

Did we have McDermott last season? Just find it a bit odd that if we did he never had a look in when we had literally no fit forwards, and Clarke mentioned how far off our youth system was. Seems to have done alright so far though and would love nothing more than a young lad from the system impress. Presume we will start how we did against Rochdale if no signings come in. Can’t see Pett, Walker or Conlon start just yet 

Did we have McDermott last season? Just find it a bit odd that if we did he never had a look in when we had literally no fit forwards, and Clarke mentioned how far off our youth system was. Seems to have done alright so far though and would love nothing more than a young lad from the system impress. Presume we will start how we did against Rochdale if no signings come in. Can’t see Pett, Walker or Conlon start just yet 

I’m not sure but think he only signed earlier this year ( edit I was wrong as usual )

Be great to get off the mark nice & early with an opening day win. Our opening day record is out of the window now after last years defeat at Northampton but let's start a new one!

The superstitious side of me thinks we went unbeaten on the opening day for so long, that it would be very 'Vale' to go & lose again to make it 2 in a row!

It's very difficult to predict but I'm hoping our team cohesion will see us have a fairly solid start. We're not a bunch of strangers this year, they all know each others games & the link ups & little combinations should be well developed. 

DC does have a record of slow starts though, which seems to have followed him throughout his management career.

So in summary, who knows!

Our first 2 x games are important as I'd envisage both teams floating about close to us for the majority of the season. Fleetwood stayed up with 40 points last season which is quite remarkable. They'd have been relegated from League 1 in every season dating back to 3 points for a win rule coming into effect! Complete anomaly.

I'm going to go for a 2-1 Vale win infront of 8500 spectators. Proctor & Garrity. I think our line up will be the same as the Rochdale game & I think McDermott starts after shining in pre season. 

Bring it on!

15 hours ago, Alsager Whites said:

do we think mcdermott will start if we don't have a forward in? 

i don't think any of conlon hussey pett or walker will start.

Even stranger that Taylor went to Morecambe. This scenario was always a possibility so Taylor had a good chance of making our starting 11 certainly in the early games. Play well and keep the shirt ?

11 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

I think last season when there was the crisis, we had enough central midfielders to be able to push Garrity into the forward position. 

I think this summer is slightly different in that he's older, had a summer training and getting used to the first-team and we are short of central midfielders (if Walker, Pett and Conlon aren't fit to start) so Garrity can't easily be pushed forward. 

I think the team we have right now would have enough to beat Fleetwood.

Unfortunately the odds for players to score haven't been released yet on SkyBet, but if nothing changes this week with players in, i'll be having a few quid on Vale 2-0 McDermott anytime.

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

I think the team we have right now would have enough to beat Fleetwood.

Unfortunately the odds for players to score haven't been released yet on SkyBet, but if nothing changes this week with players in, i'll be having a few quid on Vale 2-0 McDermott anytime.

Proctor is the penalty taker, just like buses maybe we will get 2 in 2 games. Worth a few bob.

6 hours ago, robf said:

I think last season when there was the crisis, we had enough central midfielders to be able to push Garrity into the forward position. 

I think this summer is slightly different in that he's older, had a summer training and getting used to the first-team and we are short of central midfielders (if Walker, Pett and Conlon aren't fit to start) so Garrity can't easily be pushed forward. 

Garrity is going to be an interesting one this season, if he doesn't score goals is his all round game  good enough for Lge 1.

I hope he scores the same or more in Lge 1 but it's a big ask.

Best outcome Saturday is not to pick up any injuries.(and 3 points) Think our starting 11 is strong enough to compete with most in this league. Obviously we need some depth on the bench, especially now it's 5 subs. We need to average a point a game this season, hoping for a win, a draw seems more likely. First game buzz from the terraces might make all the difference. I'm predicting the first " Come on Vale these are S@#t" will happen in the first 5 minutes. Nervous, excited, can't wait to be back in the stands.

Archived