onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ticket loyalty scheme introduced

Doha

3 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

fso for example if i bought my brother a ticket on my account i can snaffle the points up and get priority even if he sends me the money for it??? lets say you buy an ST for someone who never goes away, they send you the money, you get guaranteed tickets even though youve done nothing different??

I appreciate this summer's tickets were bought before we knew this was coming so that's slightly different.

But going forward... if you give your money to someone who buys your s-t on their account then you won't get the points - but that won't be the club's fault. 

If someone gives me money to go to Tesco and I use my clubcard to get points, that's not Tesco's fault - that's the person not using their own account's fault.

What I'm saying is - now we are all clear that you need to use your account to pay for something to get the points, that should be clear going forward.

It may not resolve these legacy/teething issues, but it should become obvious as people get more used to the system.

Advert

3 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

another question

if you have loads of points on your account how many tickets can you buy? for example could i load up my account with points by buying my mate all his tickets and then get 2 tickets for derby away one for me one for him? he has 0 points on his account i have 70000000 but because i buy them i'm at the front of the queue, fans who split there tickets normally at the back?

surely this should all be one account per person. not related people shambles. you can just load points up onto one account, get to the front of the queue, then buy tickets for the people who have basically given you points. needs explaining properly. not enough communication so far.

I think that's a fair question. Is it one account one ticket purchase going forward? That would stop the loading up issues. But it may be worth explaining. I certainly can see an issue if you are allowed say five tickets, then you may as well pool all your points into one account.

3 minutes ago, robf said:

I appreciate this summer's tickets were bought before we knew this was coming so that's slightly different.

But going forward... if you give your money to someone who buys your s-t on their account then you won't get the points - but that won't be the club's fault. 

If someone gives me money to go to Tesco and I use my clubcard to get points, that's not Tesco's fault - that's the person not using their own account's fault.

What I'm saying is - now we are all clear that you need to use your account to pay for something to get the points, that should be clear going forward.

It may not resolve these legacy/teething issues, but it should become obvious as people get more used to the system.

yes but people could gain benefit over other fans by lending points to a desginated buyer, knowing down the line they get benefits as there mate is first in the queue for derby away and can buy multiple tickets. can a 'tier 1' point holder buy tickets for 0 point people? has that been answered? if so, fans may as well form a small group and lend points to them all season to guarantee tickets.

its all a good idea and i appreciate there will be teething problems.

two key questions

1. how many tickets do priority supporters get per away game?

2. can priority supporters buy tickets for fans with much less points?

could be in a situation where honest fans who go home and away are done out by fans who pool points between 4 of them, 1 man gets all the points, they get 4 tickets even though individually those 4 fans would not be entitled. needs thinking about and clarifying.

Just in case anyone doesn't know how to see their points...

1. The club shop / ticket website are the same thing.

2. There's a link to log onto your account at the top. Or just click on this link - 

PVFC-SHOP.COM

3. Log in (there's an option to get a new p/w if you forgot it)

4. Click on "View my details"

5. The final tab on the right shows loyalty points

4 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

yes but people could gain benefit over other fans by lending points to a desginated buyer, knowing down the line they get benefits as there mate is first in the queue for derby away and can buy multiple tickets. can a 'tier 1' point holder buy tickets for 0 point people? has that been answered? if so, fans may as well form a small group and lend points to them all season to guarantee tickets.

its all a good idea and i appreciate there will be teething problems.

two key questions

1. how many tickets do priority supporters get per away game?

2. can priority supporters buy tickets for fans with much less points?

could be in a situation where honest fans who go home and away are done out by fans who pool points between 4 of them, 1 man gets all the points, they get 4 tickets even though individually those 4 fans would not be entitled. needs thinking about and clarifying.

I replied to your subsequent post and I would agree with you on the two questions. If it's one ticket per account then that would solve it I reckon - in that case pooling points will have zero advantage apart from bumping one person up the queue.

It would be perhaps good for the club to clarify if that is the case.

2 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

another question

if you have loads of points on your account how many tickets can you buy? for example could i load up my account with points by buying my mate all his tickets and then get 2 tickets for derby away one for me one for him? he has 0 points on his account i have 70000000 but because i buy them i'm at the front of the queue, fans who split there tickets normally at the back?

surely this should all be one account per person. not related people shambles. you can just load points up onto one account, get to the front of the queue, then buy tickets for the people who have basically given you points. needs explaining properly.

I assume tickets bought per ST or Membership would only qualify to buy one ticket per card, so your mate would not get a ticket. 

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:

I assume tickets bought per ST or Membership would only qualify to buy one ticket per card, so your mate would not get a ticket. 

that would make sense. priority access fans get one ticket each for away games. if it's the situation where priority fans can buy 4 then we're going to encounter serious problems. hope the club has seriously thought this through.

9 minutes ago, Highwayman said:

Just picked up mine and my son’s season ticket. Looked on the web site to checkout loyalty points. I’ve got 154 and my son has 6! Both adults, both tickets registered using separate emails. Something doesn’t seem to be working.

Sounds like it. I guess there may be some work for the club in matching season tickets to accounts. I'm presuming the email address (which is your account name) may have been missed off when some people bought s-t's.

However, I guess that if people approach the club they should be able to pull up the address and attribute the sale to your account that way.

I hope so anyhow - hope you get it sorted.

18 minutes ago, robf said:

Sounds like it. I guess there may be some work for the club in matching season tickets to accounts. I'm presuming the email address (which is your account name) may have been missed off when some people bought s-t's.

However, I guess that if people approach the club they should be able to pull up the address and attribute the sale to your account that way.

I hope so anyhow - hope you get it sorted.

This system is clearly flawed. I wonder how many people have been given too many points and others not enough. 

34 minutes ago, Highwayman said:

Just picked up mine and my son’s season ticket. Looked on the web site to checkout loyalty points. I’ve got 154 and my son has 6! Both adults, both tickets registered using separate emails. Something doesn’t seem to be working.

I have 322. !!! Clearly teething issues. My son has his season ticket on my email so I can't see his. 

1 hour ago, Highwayman said:

I have 291 (two season tickets purchased)! I wonder whether earlier purchases are also being taken into account? For example, I bought a ticket for the home Swindon play-off, and last year's season tickets are shown on my account too.

Archived