onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lionesses

SFBT

Advert

6 hours ago, Warren said:

I voted for Liz Truss and I think ladies do great jobs in many situations. However, I'm intolerant of woke and inclusivity rubbish that isn't founded in reality. A woman that has played 50 games for the England Women's team is not qualified - on the basis of being an ex player - to be in the player seat in the commentary team at a top men's game. Never played the men's game. Actually barred from doing so by the laws of the game - for safety reasons. 

Interesting that you use the word intolerant

17 hours ago, Warren said:

I voted for Liz Truss and I think ladies do great jobs in many situations. However, I'm intolerant of woke and inclusivity rubbish that isn't founded in reality. A woman that has played 50 games for the England Women's team is not qualified - on the basis of being an ex player - to be in the player seat in the commentary team at a top men's game. Never played the men's game. Actually barred from doing so by the laws of the game - for safety reasons. 

Are you ok with John Motson commentating? Was Ken Wolstenholme ok commentating on the 1966 world cup final having never played the mens game? 

On 06/09/2022 at 22:56, Conrad said:

Tell me about it, we left Sneyd green at 6pm, turned onto the A500 slip road at Etruria and that’s where the que started.

Turned off and went through Fenton, Blurton and onto Trentham road chock a block all the way, waited 10 mins to turn onto Trentham lakes by the hem heath pub, that’s where I got out and walked/ ran from there, finally got in the ground at 7.45 just before the second goal.

its a decent ground but the infrastructure around the ground can’t cope with a crowd of that size, people were still coming in at half time, absolute shambles and Christ knows why they didn’t delay kick off.

The infrastructure was designed for a failing Sjoke side as they slide down the leagues. Dont worry the failing infrastructure will soon be able to cope with the crowds. In agent Neill we trust.

• 5 weeks later...

Yet another excellent game of football between England and the US.

Brilliant example of playing through a very high and intense press.

Superb skill levels on display. Walsh especially, with Hemp a very strong and speedy leader of the line and playing out of position.

A joy to watch.

Thought the first half was a cracking game of football, second half was a little more cagy by England but it was a joy to watch.

Keira Walsh, what a player and Hemp led the line well in an unfamiliar position.

One thing we must learn to do though is to either pass to unmarked players from defence or give it sum, both the USA goal and the Spanish goal came from passing to midfielders facing their own goal and under pressure.  

Definitely a penalty and I don't know why the ref didn't give it straight away, she was in a good position to see.

As for their offside well them's the laws now with VAR and although I don't agree with or want VAR that's the way it is.

Warren was probably in the pub playing dominoes 😉

54 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Thought the first half was a cracking game of football, second half was a little more cagy by England but it was a joy to watch.

Keira Walsh, what a player and Hemp led the line well in an unfamiliar position.

One thing we must learn to do though is to either pass to unmarked players from defence or give it sum, both the USA goal and the Spanish goal came from passing to midfielders facing their own goal and under pressure.  

Definitely a penalty and I don't know why the ref didn't give it straight away, she was in a good position to see.

As for their offside well them's the laws now with VAR and although I don't agree with or want VAR that's the way it is.

Warren was probably in the pub playing dominoes 😉

Yes, one of the few occasions we messed up was the pass from Millie Bright to Stanway, leading to the goal. This style of play gives me palpitations. I was brought up in a zero risk culture, so feels alien.

VAR was spot on with both penalties. The high foot given, and the bum ball overruled!

The offside was one of those things.

VAR 3-0 USA

Archived