onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lionesses

SFBT

On 31/07/2022 at 21:25, SFBT said:

What I've loved about this competition has been the spirit that the games have been played in.
Open, expressive, fair.
Sadly, Germany gave us a glimpse of the future tonight.
Full of the dark arts.

Horrible team.

Totally agree with this - it was disappointing that they resorted to the dark arts to try to beat us...and, of course, we tried a couple of things because they were getting away with them.

But - for me - the most disappointing thing was later on, when I watched EFL highlights, and was greeted by the Cardiff v Norwich game! 2 reds...mass confrontations with the ref, questioning every decision and the usual suspects diving and rolling around!  The annoying thing is, the FA has given the referees the laws to stamp all these out, but I suggest the refs are scared of the confrontations? 

But...

Massive congratulations to the Lionesses for winning a major competition in such excellent style, beating some good teams along the way! Really, resally enjoyed their accomplishment! 

Advert

14 hours ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Already got our tickets for the Community Stadium game, not fussed whose ground it is, just great to see the Lionesses.

Perhaps we should try again for a game at Vale Park, although it would have to be far better organised than the last debacle.

I would imagine we would be overlooked given our current capacity restraints and ongoing construction work need to bring the stadium up to code. However once we get a handle on that it would be good to get some games and bring in some revenue.

On 02/08/2022 at 11:21, Walka003 said:

I would imagine we would be overlooked given our current capacity restraints and ongoing construction work need to bring the stadium up to code. However once we get a handle on that it would be good to get some games and bring in some revenue.

Fully agree regarding the ongoing construction work, I was suggesting the near future, perhaps 6-12 months hence.

It was dis-concerning to hear Alex Scott bemoaning clubs who refused to allow their stadiums to be used, I realise some may have had valid reasons, construction work, new pitches etc. but it does seem that some clubs were definitely against the idea.

Well done to the clubs that were used, certainly the two venues we went to, MK Dons and Sheffield United were superbly organised.   

32 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Fully agree regarding the ongoing construction work, I was suggesting the near future, perhaps 6-12 months hence.

It was dis-concerning to hear Alex Scott bemoaning clubs who refused to allow their stadiums to be used, I realise some may have had valid reasons, construction work, new pitches etc. but it does seem that some clubs were definitely against the idea.

Well done to the clubs that were used, certainly the two venues we went to, MK Dons and Sheffield United were superbly organised.   

As per Robbie Williams gig I don't think Vale would get any revenue. Surely all ticket proceeds and profits go to the FA . 

And with Scott, I'm under no illusions that the clubs concerned had no ulterior motivation other than wanting their pitch in pristine condition for July 30th . Nothing wrong with that.

For example off top of my head Vale,Norwich, Coventry and Sunderland have all hosted gigs this summer .

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

As per Robbie Williams gig I don't think Vale would get any revenue. Surely all ticket proceeds and profits go to the FA . 

And with Scott, I'm under no illusions that the clubs concerned had no ulterior motivation other than wanting their pitch in pristine condition for July 30th . Nothing wrong with that.

For example off top of my head Vale,Norwich, Coventry and Sunderland have all hosted gigs this summer .

Where have I  suggested Vale receiving any revenue ?

1 minute ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Sorry bud, not sure what revenue we might pick up though, I would assume there should be some ?.

Not sure how it works. For example the refreshments kiosks. But all catering for Robbie gig was external. I'd imagine programmes too are all FA approved and for their coffers .

It's a good plug for the club that's for sure if we hosted one as Stoke are quickly finding out from 20'000 ticket sales v Luxembourg who England beat 10-0 away .

The host club will charge their expenses for the game just like Wembley do.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

The so called inspired girls and women may watch more TV games. But when it comes to purchasing season tickets the actual fact that the women's game is massively inferior in every way to the men's game is a permanent barrier. The standard is dreadful with underpowered little people. The Palace / Arsenal game was a top level men's game with a very high level of skill and physical attributes on display. That is why the WSL will never be more than 10% of the PL's viewing audience week on week and season on season. I am I bitter; yes I am. I am fed up of this women rubbish. Now when it comes to other activities, such as singers and music, well that's where women can excel. 
women-know-your-limits-women.gif

Archived