onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wembley official attendance/Season Ticket Sales

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

No 10 match tickets this year according to a fella who commented on my post on Wonder of Vale yesterday the reason they do not know which 10 games the buyers are going so when in case of Newport where it said sold out in some ends thats the ten match folk not choosing that game etc ,leaving a seat unsold etc so more big games this season so more interest hopefully but no 10 game tickets .
Pay on day going up to 24 pounds aswell I've heard .
UTV

Understand that to a point. I would be happy to purchase a 10 match ticket, and not have a seat reserved, it is valid for less than half the matches, so why take a seat up for the entire season.

Advert

38 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Understand that to a point. I would be happy to purchase a 10 match ticket, and not have a seat reserved, it is valid for less than half the matches, so why take a seat up for the entire season.

I guess you have the scenario like against Newport, where so many have to be saved in case everyone turns up meaning a lot of empty seats. If there weren’t reserved seats and people turned up with 10 match tickets there would be a few heated confrontations. Shame, as the 10 match ticket was used by a lot who just can’t go every game and good value.

3 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Had reply today from Janet at ticket office, unfortunately the 10 match tickets have ceased. No reason given 

You had a reply from the club on this matter!!  You are honoured,  I've never even had a reply from 3 emails. 

I can understand not having an allocated seat ( last season was the first time), I think a far bigger problem , in terms of "taken but not used seats"  is free children.  Not saying I am against this at all btw.

10 game passes worked well for shift workers and distant fans in particular,  not to mention budget constraints.

Oh well , looks like 7 or 8 chosen games now for me, living in Cornwall for much of the year.

Why couldn't they have been honest on this before,  it's been rumoured for ages now.

Perhaps the club have only just made a decision on this.

It's not that they have spent the last month twiddling their thumbs.

Last season it was 21 July when the decision  was taken to offer 10 match tickets wasn't it?

I suspect the complexity of setting up the online ticketing software to verify, accept, issue and account for 10 match ticket holders attending games has  proven to be a major factor in the decision not to issue them.

3 hours ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

You had a reply from the club on this matter!!  You are honoured,  I've never even had a reply from 3 emails. 

I can understand not having an allocated seat ( last season was the first time), I think a far bigger problem , in terms of "taken but not used seats"  is free children.  Not saying I am against this at all btw.

10 game passes worked well for shift workers and distant fans in particular,  not to mention budget constraints.

Oh well , looks like 7 or 8 chosen games now for me, living in Cornwall for much of the year.

Why couldn't they have been honest on this before,  it's been rumoured for ages now.

I am sure I read a press release about this back in March or so. Annoying for some, not everybody can be allocated for. Maybe 'share' a season ticket with somebody if possible?

If the club aren’t issuing 10 game tickets I think this could work against them especially as match day admission fees have risen to £24. Yes the last few home games did have greater attendances based on the fact that we were likely to go up automatically, but had to settle for the play offs. I’ve read what ppl have said but it doesn’t seem as though anything official has been announced, I think the club need to do this. Preferably sooner rather than later.

I was hoping to buy a 10 game ticket. Living 150 miles away it would not be practical for me to get to some games and this would be a viable option for me. If the club are saying that allocating a seat to the 10 game ticket holders causes problems when seats are not occupied and the game is at or close to a full home capacity, surely it is possible to devise a solution. For example if a seat is allocated to these people could it be reserved for them  but re allocated for general sale if the seat has not been claimed say 72 hours before kick off? Most people know whether or not they can make a game in advance. 

I can only assume that the club dont think the 10 game flexi ticket is a viable option (a full season ticket or POTD is more profitable to them) as it isn't that difficult to work out a solution.  The tickets could be issued as pre paid vouchers (not match tickets) redeemable against match tickets as and when required.  That way there would be no issue with seating etc - effectively the same process as the POTD customers.

The club should move to and improve online ticketing. You have a 10 game ticket then you must reserve your seat at least 24 hours before kick off. If not reserved then the seat gets released and you run the risk of not getting in.

The club still lives in the dark ages regarding ticket sales. I ended up in the Swindon end during the play offs despite not being a sell out and have done a number of times as trying to buy a ticket from our ticket office if you don’t live local is a joke. Gates would go up as would income if the club invested in an online ticketing system that works properly and answer the phone!

It seems the club are going to let a lot of fans down by not having the flexi ticket I was told last season from the ticket office when i went to see how many matches left on my flexi ticket  when they first came out you where given ten vouchers which you had to exchange for a match ticket so the same could be done again come on vale think of the fans or don't you wont jo soap fans to come to games may be give ticket sales to paddy to sort out they new last season about the flexi ticket but can't be bothered to tell the paying customer  that they where getting rid of it  l've brought a season ticket but if i cannot get to games can i get a refund on them.    Come on Carol I like what you have done for the club but the fans are being let down by no news about flexi tickets

38 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

Was there ever an offering of tickets for the new hospitality suite? I was interested in purchasing but never saw an official channel for doing so! 

Dont think so mate.We were lucky enough to meet Sue Potts at the Club and she showed us round and explained nearly all corporate seating was sold out, but access to the Bayley Suite was possible. As far as we know there are sti seats available there. Good luck.

14 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

Dont think so mate.We were lucky enough to meet Sue Potts at the Club and she showed us round and explained nearly all corporate seating was sold out, but access to the Bayley Suite was possible. As far as we know there are sti seats available there. Good luck.

Ah, that's a disappointment. Thanks for the information.

I find it strange that there wasn't an official offering for the new suite. Were people hand-picked for it? Would have preferred to have had an equal chance to everyone else!

They could still do a flexible ticket based on people paying in advance for 10 matches and calling the ticket office to reserve ticket before chosen match. 

Collect ticket from ticket office  / download on phone or print off to to take with you gain entrance. 

Not rocket science as people will be paying a cheaper price and club would know in advance they are attending. 

Archived