onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match thread: Kidsgrove Athletic v Port Vale, friendly 7/7/22

Sounds like, according to you, I am not allowed an opinion at all. I thought the very definition of the word forum was a place for the exchange of opinions and ideas.
I've never said that, so don't put words in my mouth.

Advert

I just thought it was a bit poor form. You express a valid opinion which Jacko actually mentioned first and you have your head bitten off by that nouty sod.

Look I apologise if I upset you with what was only intended to be a jokey comment. Don't want this to turn into something it shouldn't. I didn't know your personal circumstances, as you didn't know mine, so I perhaps shouldn't have made light of it as I did. For that I'm sorry. Will think twice before posting flippant comments in the future

Look I apologise if I upset you with what was only intended to be a jokey comment. Don't want this to turn into something it shouldn't. I didn't know your personal circumstances, as you didn't know mine, so I perhaps shouldn't have made light of it as I did. For that I'm sorry. Will think twice before posting flippant comments in the future
No problem.

Thank you for your support at Kidsgrove tonight,both sides didn’t field their strongest teams and your young team had some good players .Hope you enjoyed our ground and a carnival atmosphere ,well for our level anyway .The money raised helps us for a season in non league and £10 is our normal admission for next season ,many thanks again ,die hard blue fan .

1 minute ago, Alsager Whites said:

A peculiar evening, to say the least!

I think it's poor for the club to advertise a reserves friendly as a first-team friendly - as others have said, £10 is steep for what was fitness for the youth team and a couple of bench players. I did find the lack of noise from the Vale about the game a bit strange, and this explains it. Ah well. I wish they'd have been upfront and saved people the hassle.

I was fairly confused as to why we weren't in this season's kit, or last season's kit, or the season before that... but the season before! A 3 year old kit. Bizarre. They might as well have borrowed my Kalamazoo kit. The fact that Kidsgrove played last night against Crewe suggests this has all been a bit haphazardly organised, if I'm honest. Old kit, no first-teamers... what was the point?

I just can't shake a weird feeling at present - I was ready to shake it off tonight but the reserves playing in an old kit only reinforced it. The season kicks off in three weeks and the starting players haven't had a minute of match practice. I hope we have some behind close doors games. I'd find it weird to go to Spain on a bonding trip when there's only one new player, so I assume a number of signings will come in. 

I know, I know - not very Trust the Process! Just an undoubtedly strange start to the summer.

I'll start to worry when they begin feeding them stale pies!😉

Words from DC: 

Seems that some players won't play much in pre-season to protect them. And that we're only playing Dundee United in Spain - meaning there's only 2 more friendlies before the big kick off!

How are they going to get fit? Am I missing something? Every other team has got 5-6 friendlies lined up, and our starters are getting 2 at maximum? Confused.com

Poor form from the club that… talking it up to be our 1st friendly, with only 3 1st team players on the pitch.

That should’ve been signposted, £10 entry, for what was a youth team game, the 2nd half had 4 youth team trialists

Just now, fraggle said:

Poor form from the club that… talking it up to be our 1st friendly, with only 3 1st team players on the pitch.

That should’ve been signposted, £10 entry, for what was a youth team game, the 2nd half had 4 youth team trialists

They even put a tweet on with photographs of players 'preparing for the first friendly', but none of the players in the photographs played! 

I think Carol has done her mate who owns Kidsgrove a favour to raise money for them. It's fair enough, and I'm happy to support local non-league sides, but they shouldn't lie to fans.

We played so many friendlies last season, as well as starting pre-season early and with intensity, that the players were tired and getting little knocks before the kick off. We had a season plagued by injury last season and obviously DC thinks we need to change the methodology to prevent having a similarly injury-hit season this time around. I’m sure injury vs fitness is a balance that is being weighed up in all aspects of the pre-season. We can’t have the same injury record next season or we’ll be in big trouble; DC knows that and he’s changing his approach accordingly.

Archived