onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Things to bear in mind for the new season

philmpv

Advert

16 hours ago, DazFred said:

We'll win a few and lose a few. There will be lots of ups and downs. It's called being a Vale fan.

No one is right,no one is wrong but we all have opinions and are entitled to voice them.

There's certain people on the forum who love to pick on certain points or think they are right cos they "are in the know." I just think the club are progressing nicely off and on the field. The feel good factor is back and even in the heady days of the 90s,I never felt so much optimism.

I've had slanging matches with certain posters in the past but it's pointless so I choose not to now.

I'll get behind the club and our potentially 6000 plus regulars each home game will do so too. I can't wait for the season to start and I may even be the back up keeper to Stone!

profound!

• 1 month later...

We're not going to win every game

We will play poorly, at times

Players will make mistakes

This is our first season back in L1 after years in the doldrums

When we concede a goal it does not mean the season is over

'The process' does not need ripping up after a few poor results

442 is not a magic solution to all footballs woes

Thanks for taking everything on board guys. And completely ignoring it. 7 games in.

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

Thanks for taking everything on board guys. And completely ignoring it. 7 games in. emoji1787.png

I still stand by my comments. The window is closed so let's see how the squad settles.

I still don't understand how players like Robinson and McDermott have good games,yet aren't even in the next squad. This happened with Ojo,Cass and others.

On 03/07/2022 at 12:59, philmpv said:

We're not going to win every game

We will play poorly, at times

Players will make mistakes

This is our first season back in L1 after years in the doldrums

When we concede a goal it does not mean the season is over

'The process' does not need ripping up after a few poor results

442 is not a magic solution to all footballs woes

Worth bringing this to the front of the thread again… really disappointing yesterday but it’s a long old season.

KTF

UTV

Vale be fine we will grow into the season .
Never understood people who
1 tag Carol in a post if we lose .
2 directly slate the players on twitter or there Instagram page .
3 boo a player or the team off no matter how bad they play they do not purposely do it .
4 criticise the club when the management players and directors are moving the club forwards or are doing there utmost to do so
5 a seasons 46 games long once Wilson Politic and Harrison and Mipo are up to full speed and understand what's asked of them Vale will win games for sure .
6 it's a step up some players will not be able to do so but if will not be for lack of trying to do so look at Notts Forest buy 18 players and still losing every game and spending millions in the process we haven't got that kind of money so too make us into a must see football club every player has to be at there best level every game one switch off at the back is very costly the higher you go as we are finding .

Vale be fine we will grow into the season .
Never understood people who
1 tag Carol in a post if we lose .
2 directly slate the players on twitter or there Instagram page .
3 boo a player or the team off no matter how bad they play they do not purposely do it .
4 criticise the club when the management players and directors are moving the club forwards or are doing there utmost to do so
5 a seasons 46 games long once Wilson Politic and Harrison and Mipo are up to full speed and understand what's asked of them Vale will win games for sure .
6 it's a step up some players will not be able to do so but if will not be for lack of trying to do so look at Notts Forest buy 18 players and still losing every game and spending millions in the process we haven't got that kind of money so too make us into a must see football club every player has to be at there best level every game one switch off at the back is very costly the higher you go as we are finding .

yes-slow-clap.gif

6 minutes ago, Doha said:

Have some right weirdo fans we do.

It first really struck me when Paddy Shanahan said on Ale & Vale pod about that fella leaving them a voicemail saying "we're not a <ovf censored> foodbank". That's not normal behaviour.

Some of those on social media etc need to give their head a wobble too as mentioned above with tagging people in etc. Saw it with Hussey when he left the other day, just bang out of order.

3 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

It first really struck me when Paddy Shanahan said on Ale & Vale pod about that fella leaving them a voicemail saying "we're not a <ovf censored> foodbank". That's not normal behaviour.

Some of those on social media etc need to give their head a wobble too as mentioned above with tagging people in etc. Saw it with Hussey when he left the other day, just bang out of order.

I blame predictive text, without which many of these numpties would struggle to type a complete sentence.

Edit:  After thinking about this for a minute, predictive text is also the only reason I manage to contribute to this forum…..🤔

41 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I blame predictive text, without which many of these numpties would struggle to type a complete sentence.

Edit:  After thinking about this for a minute, predictive text is also the only reason I manage to contribute to this forum…..🤔

Perhaps the difference is that you thought...for a whole minute! 👏👏👏

On 18/07/2022 at 11:55, robf said:

Who will be this season's boo boy now the often under-estimated* Aaron Martin has gone?

*I'm not saying he should have stayed but I felt he was a decent, experienced squad bloke to have last season and not the error-prone disaster some seemed to think...

Ben Garrity / Dan Jones / Rory Holden / Liam McCarron...or just Liam McCarron? The boo-boys never really just have one target in case he has a decent game and they can't have a moan, that week! I suspect they may make an exception for the young lad from Stoke - which would be pretty pathetic!

On 18/07/2022 at 13:28, SFBT said:

Really?

I've witnessed it many times. Once someone is labelled, everything they do that doesn't work gets noticed and amplified. Things they do well are ignored.

We find what we look for.

It takes great awareness and skill to keep an open mind.

They get booed when their names are read out, and, if on the subs' bench, booed when they come on as sub! I wouldn't be surprised if a boo-boy said this didn't happen - ever?

On 18/07/2022 at 13:49, bomber said:

After watching the Wembley final for the 268th time ! Just cant believe how much work and skill came from Wilson ! Absolutely worked his socks off. The last goal it was amazing how far in front of his marker Benning got . Harratt also did some great link up work. In fact they were all amazing! 

You are right! That third goal always amazes me that Woz - at speed - managed to hook the ball away from the touchline, and Sir Mal made up so much ground - in the 84th (?) minute of a fast-paced game? The whole team played out of their skins, and even though a couple of mistakes were made, those players redeemed themselves later!

Archived