onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Things to bear in mind for the new season

philmpv

30 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

There's always going to be players fans don't rate as much as others. I'm not sure that is the same as 'boo boys'!

I'm not sure I've ever seen a Vale fan purposely not back/boo a specific player during a game. They might complain about them to their mates or not want to see them in the line up, but that's fairly normal!

I always back the boys to the hilt during the game, but there's also players I'd rather not see start/don't rate as much as others. I can't pretend that Harry Charsley is as good as Tom Conlon, try as I might!

Really?

I've witnessed it many times. Once someone is labelled, everything they do that doesn't work gets noticed and amplified. Things they do well are ignored.

We find what we look for.

It takes great awareness and skill to keep an open mind.

Advert

8 minutes ago, SFBT said:

Really?

I've witnessed it many times. Once someone is labelled, everything they do that doesn't work gets noticed and amplified. Things they do well are ignored.

We find what we look for.

It takes great awareness and skill to keep an open mind.

I've seen fans not rate certain players. I've never seen a specific player get booed by Port Vale fans apart from that awful game at Accrington which had a lot of issues around it.

What people in this thread seem to be complaining about is that some fans have favourites who they defend to the hilt and also have players they don't rate who they criticise more than most (but 99% will still back them all the way during a match). That's just human beings, in my opinion!

After watching the Wembley final for the 268th time ! Just cant believe how much work and skill came from Wilson ! Absolutely worked his socks off. The last goal it was amazing how far in front of his marker Benning got . Harratt also did some great link up work. In fact they were all amazing! 

I've seen fans not rate certain players. I've never seen a specific player get booed by Port Vale fans apart from that awful game at Accrington which had a lot of issues around it.
What people in this thread seem to be complaining about is that some fans have favourites who they defend to the hilt and also have players they don't rate who they criticise more than most (but 99% will still back them all the way during a match). That's just human beings, in my opinion!

It’s all part and parcel of clubs up and down the country , middle aged men with a beer belly who once scored a goal at Trubshaw cross lads and dads love nothing more than a good moan at the game , I find it hilarious, long live the moaners , they make the game great

17 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

Fair enough 🙂

Maybe I'm just banging on about stuff that I personally find annoying 🤯

Win together, lose together. The times I've booed in recent years has been collectively at the squad, and often the manager. Macclesfield away when their players weren't getting paid and we were awful springs to mind. 

We might well lose 3 or 4 on the bounce this year, but the key is to fight back and put in decent performances, even if others are better on the day. We won't get away with some of the mistakes that went unpunished last season. 

On paper we had a squad to beat anyone, and on the pitch we proved that last season if playing to our potential. We even got there against Swindon in the end! There will be times next season when playing to our potential doesn't prove enough. That's life. 

Football games last 90 minutes and it’s not next goal wins. At least one contributor to this thread was slamming the team when we were 1 down and saying the season was over and we came back to win many times and they disappeared. Almost like they’d prefer us to lose so they can be right about us being rubbish. Turns out, they were wrong, again. 

1 hour ago, WV said:

Football games last 90 minutes and it’s not next goal wins. At least one contributor to this thread was slamming the team when we were 1 down and saying the season was over and we came back to win many times and they disappeared. Almost like they’d prefer us to lose so they can be right about us being rubbish. Turns out, they were wrong, again. 

Mate. Just drop it. You’ve made your point numerous times now. I stopped posting on here because of <ovf censored> like you who leech onto every mortal thing people say that isn’t process this process that. Colchester away was a horrible game, we played dreadful, we had been poor for weeks - it looked like (if not for a great run) we would struggle to catch up. It’s called emotion - completely wrong yes - although I certainly wasn’t the only one…. Also many times? I think I posted it once in the Crawley game…. 

hindsight is a wonderful thing and I was 100% wrong and actually called myself a clown on here. I don’t mind people having a go or bringing up in jest, I was wrong I get that. But seriously stop bringing it up every thread. ‘I wasn’t slamming the team’ by the way. And whilst I wasn’t posting on here I was still going to every game I could make (games like Hpool away)…. But I don’t support the vale according to you so thats clearly bs from me.

You really think I wanted us to lose? I wouldn’t have been that peed off if so. Wembley and Swindon at home are two of my best days as a vale fan ever…. 

Wrong again? Explain? I said quite a few things last season that were correct, but because my view is different it’s always wrong. I won’t comment on players like Cooper and Holy next time then, and how key I thought Walker would be ect. I praised signings and the side for the majority of the season, and I said things that were wrong (Harratt Edmonson) but it’s an opinion on a forum - that’s it.

Move on. I was wrong. Move on. I know your post was aimed at me. Probably best you add me into your ignore list and you won’t have to read my ‘rubbish’. 

I agree but I would be rightly disappointed if we end up in a relegation battle because this squad and structure is better than that. I have high expectations because this is the best squad, structure and ownership since..we’ll ever because Bell liked helping himself to a few quid rather than sticking it in the club on a number of occasions. 

2 hours ago, tisdeano said:

It’s all part and parcel of clubs up and down the country , middle aged men with a beer belly who once scored a goal at Trubshaw cross lads and dads love nothing more than a good moan at the game , I find it hilarious, long live the moaners , they make the game great

mabye pal,but we beer bellied moaners have kept the club going for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( and the pubs in boslem) moan till you drop. 😄:drink::drunk:

We'll win a few and lose a few. There will be lots of ups and downs. It's called being a Vale fan.

No one is right,no one is wrong but we all have opinions and are entitled to voice them.

There's certain people on the forum who love to pick on certain points or think they are right cos they "are in the know." I just think the club are progressing nicely off and on the field. The feel good factor is back and even in the heady days of the 90s,I never felt so much optimism.

I've had slanging matches with certain posters in the past but it's pointless so I choose not to now.

I'll get behind the club and our potentially 6000 plus regulars each home game will do so too. I can't wait for the season to start and I may even be the back up keeper to Stone!

Archived