onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

MOLD do the Dirty on Jeff Kent

old sage

Advert

The V sign was, I assume, because the 24.9% rule had not been overturned, which was what he argued at the EGM. He never argued in favour of keeping the Board, he simply argued in favour of keeping the principle of no single ownership. Those outside who had not been in the EGM simply interpretted his V sign as support for the Board - it never was. And Jeff may be many things but he certainly isn't a wind up merchant.

I agree, his only concern was the 24.9% rule and the club falling into the hands of one person,at the end of the day there were far more "Evil" characters at Vale Park to vent your anger at and Jeff is not one of them.

I too spoke to him on Saturday and he was very upset at the way the Club had treated him, I have all his books and will definitely get his latest

I spoke to Jeff Kent on Saturday and he told me that he has taken his books back after the club owed him quite and ammount of money. He realises now that he has lost his money and just what a rotten lot MOLD are. I am sure that many will have little sympathy for Jeff's plight but there is no doubt that he is a genuine Vale fan and though he had a different (misguided)opinion at the club's last EGM he certainly didn't deserve to be 'robbed' by the club who actually commissioned the book.:(

Sorry Jeff but some lessons can be very painful. That shouldn't stop fans from buying a copy as his earlier books are a good read.

Sorry Mike, its called Karma! No sympathy here :ninja:

He voted for the very thing that put off investment and led to him losing money through the club being in admin. How on earth are we meant to feel sorry for him. It was his choices that helped create his problem.

Jeff was far from the only one who voted to keep the 24.9% rule. There were considerably more shares rejecting the change than those simply held by the Board at the time. Jeff's problem is that he actually said publicly what he was doing and gave his reasons for it rather than keep his gob shut and support the 24.9% like a number of other shareholders I could name.

I don't recall him saying that he was anti board, but if he had made that clear at the time rather than rejoicing about the old Board staying then at least he maybe better supported. No sympathy here, its a sad question of 'you were warned'.

Archived