onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

MOLD do the Dirty on Jeff Kent

old sage

Agree totally we really do have a lunatic element that are pitiful when it comes to abusing loyal supporters, players and most recently Micky.

That said I feel absolutely no pity for the man over his loss given the way he goaded us at the EGM last year. Sometimes in life you reap what you sew.

Jeff voted against the Board at the EGM.

Advert

Its alright saying he voted against the board but what was that V sign all about then?

I can understand how people can see it as an insult to everybody that worked so hard to get rid of bratt et al no matter what jeff may say it actually meant.

Im not saying people should get loads of abuse but what did he expect?

As said in another post " he reaped what he sowed ".

Not saying he didn't, his attitude was dreadful however at a time when their was a lot of anger around.

Everyone is entitled to their views but winding people up when feelings were running so high was simply stupid.

He doesn't however deserve to be abused by other 'Vale fan's however.

Its alright saying he voted against the board but what was that V sign all about then?

I can understand how people can see it as an insult to everybody that worked so hard to get rid of bratt et al no matter what jeff may say it actually meant.

Im not saying people should get loads of abuse but what did he expect?

As said in another post " he reaped what he sowed ".

The V sign was, I assume, because the 24.9% rule had not been overturned, which was what he argued at the EGM. He never argued in favour of keeping the Board, he simply argued in favour of keeping the principle of no single ownership. Those outside who had not been in the EGM simply interpretted his V sign as support for the Board - it never was. And Jeff may be many things but he certainly isn't a wind up merchant.

I'm with Alan Baker, what with the 'drivel' he spouted topped off with the "V" for victory, these are memories that will remain of June 1st for a long, long time unfortunately.

I have purchased all Jeff's other books in the past but not his last out of principle. They are decent books.

A shame in many respects but you would have thought a man who appears so 'well read' would have seen straight through Bratt and his fellow con men?

We live and learn, I too have lost my shares, a sorry, sorry mess that could have been so different if Jeff and others like him had realised last summer and voted accordingly.

I spoke to Jeff a few days ago and he told me about the books fiasco. He also said that he had faced dogs abuse from a number of fans for expressing his opinion at the EGM. I had stood up and voiced a contrary opinion but he had no problem with me doing that because he is perfectly happy for people to have the right to an opinion. It was sad to hear about some of the stuff he has faced from Vale supporters. I'm ashamed of some of our fans at times.

i know what you mean, similar to that dished out to protesters on the first game of the season :yes: . lots of vale fans have suffered abuse , some deserved imo . however , now i agree that differences should be put aside . unfortunately the v for victory sign still makes me angry now, albeit not that angry that i would abuse someone continuously over it .

I'm with Alan Baker, what with the 'drivel' he spouted topped off with the "V" for victory, these are memories that will remain of June 1st for a long, long time unfortunately.

I have purchased all Jeff's other books in the past but not his last out of principle. They are decent books.

A shame in many respects but you would have thought a man who appears so 'well read' would have seen straight through Bratt and his fellow con men?

We live and learn, I too have lost my shares, a sorry, sorry mess that could have been so different if Jeff and others like him had realised last summer and voted accordingly.

As I said, Jeff voted agains the Board.

It's time for all Vale fans to unite. Bringing up things that have happened in the past are not helpful. Let's all be singing from the same hymm sheet please. (I'll put me tin hat on!).

===========================

I agree, of course.

We all look forward to new mownership :yes:

His Winston Churchill "V" sign will live long in my memory. Sorry.

Mine too and and the smirk on his face when he did it in front of the fans who had stood outside for hours that day will live long in my memory.Iwill never forgive him for that just like i can never forgive v2001 for what they have done to our club.

Archived