onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

MOLD do the Dirty on Jeff Kent

old sage

Not all would be happy to see it closed because others keep posting!

And you are effectively saying that it's fine for considerable numbers of offensive comments about me to be posted (which I didn't know about until recently) and for me not to have a right of reply!

Thread was dormant for 4 1/2 years till you re-activated it. You wanted a retraction, you eventually got it. Fail to see what benefit there is now, as not everyone is going to agree with you / like all your comments. That's life! By continuing it smacks of attention seeking / wanting the limelight.

Advert

Reading this thread again is a horrible reminder of a horrible time it was to be a Vale fan, without doubt the worst and most uncomfortable period I've ever known at our club, I saw many fan against fan spitting at each other, verbally and physically abusing each other and seeing friends also falling out with each other. The latter years of V2001 tenure were a complete and utterly vile disaster that I hope we never have to witness again.

Time to forget, kiss and make up and move on now and enjoy the present and hopefully a great future me thinks.

That era of Bratt and co tore our fanbase apart and it has never been the same.

With respect Jeff, i protested, i was black and gold and git dogs abuse from my own supporters on the march up to the ground in the first game of the season in 2011.

You werent the only "victim" of abuse yet you wound supporters up at the egm. A massive decision in our clubs history and you stood by the men that many wanted out. The v for victory was a slap in the face to other Vale fans.

As for the running of our club and not being able to call an egm now, the club is absolutely nowhere near and i dare say will not be in the future, in danger of an egm needing to be called.

I may not be Smurthwaites biggest fan but compared to them clowns you supported, the man is a diamond.

Reading through this thread makesme remember them times of civil war and how our club was being run into oblivion and makes me have some perspective that actually our club is in a fantastic place right now and that is mainly down to the current owner. Even if he is a bit strange.

The fans in that era did indeed tear themselves apart (though not individually of course!). You're right that it has never been the same since. Although I have a lot of Vale friends, since 2011 I've never had the same feeling of camaraderie, or even belonging, that I did before and it's been a sad loss.

It's ironic that you use the phrase 'with respect' to me and then immediately afterwards post several disrespectful comments about me!

I'm clearly not the only person to have suffered abuse following the events of 2011, but I seem to have been the only one to have had much of a whole thread devoted to offensive and/or unpleasant comments about me. And abuse was periodically shoted at me by different people outside the ground for approaching three years!

I've now posted on here a number of times that I did not 'wind supporters up at the egm'. If you still believe that I did that, please provide evidence for your accusation or withdraw it.

Also, I did not 'stand by the men that many wanted out.' Please provide evidence of that or withdraw your allegation.

Finally, I've posted on here a number of times my explanation of the reason for my v for victory sign. Either provide evidence for your allegation that 'The v for victory was a slap in the face to other Vale fans' or withdraw your allegation.

I agree with you that an EGM would not need to be called now, but my point remains that the right to do so at any appropriate future time no longer exists. In the scheme of things, the present is brief, the foreseeable future isn't much longer and things inevitably change.

Your comment 'makes you look ridiculous' in a tense situation where a libel action is a possible option isn't the wisest comment I've ever read in my life!

Could you please explain how I 'come across as ridiculous in real life'.

Jeff, with all due respect no legal court in the land will take any libel claim for what's been said on here to you and about you. I think you should stop throwing that word around. It's not benefiting you in any way.

Thread was dormant for 4 1/2 years till you re-activated it. You wanted a retraction, you eventually got it. Fail to see what benefit there is now, as not everyone is going to agree with you / like all your comments. That's life! By continuing it smacks of attention seeking / wanting the limelight.

The derogatory comments about me were on the public record, unchallenged, for over five years for anyone in the world to see via Google. For the record, I'm exercising my right of reply and putting the record straight and no more than that.

I have no problem per se with others disagreeing with me as different opinions is a part of life (as you say). But writing libellous remarks is a different matter and is illegal.

I have no problem with you believing that I'm seeking attention and the limelight, even though I don't agree with you. I'm trying to write books, including a new Vale history, and am reluctantly taking time out to deal with all this. The proof of the pudding will be my reaction if/when other posters cease to argue the toss about the posted offensive remarks. I can assure you that I'll be euphoric to put the time saved into my work.

Jeff, with all due respect no legal court in the land will take any libel claim for what's been said on here to you and about you. I think you should stop throwing that word around. It's not benefiting you in any way.

You don't seem to understand the libel laws and the court system with regard to it.

Reading this thread again is a horrible reminder of a horrible time it was to be a Vale fan, without doubt the worst and most uncomfortable period I've ever known at our club, I saw many fan against fan spitting at each other, verbally and physically abusing each other and seeing friends also falling out with each other. The latter years of V2001 tenure were a complete and utterly vile disaster that I hope we never have to witness again.

Time to forget, kiss and make up and move on now and enjoy the present and hopefully a great future me thinks.

I fully agree with your eminently sensible post, Tosh. I'm very sad that I'm currently having to reply to offensive remarks about me and hope we will all very shortly be able to move on exactly as you suggest, although I reserve the right as to whom I kiss!

Jeff, I was one of the many stood outside on that day and whether it was your intention to antagonise these people or not that was the way many saw your action at the time.In my humble opinion you are not doing yourself any favours in raking over the coals,its time to move on and concentrate on the good things in life.

I've now posted on here a number of times that I did not 'wind supporters up at the egm'. If you still believe that I did that, please provide evidence for your accusation or withdraw it.

With respect you cant honestly state that... you can state that you didnt do it intentionaly but not that others didnt get wound up.

Also, I did not 'stand by the men that many wanted out.' Please provide evidence of that or withdraw your allegation.

It sounds more like an opinion to me... not an alligation

Finally, I've posted on here a number of times my explanation of the reason for my v for victory sign. Either provide evidence for your allegation that 'The v for victory was a slap in the face to other Vale fans' or withdraw your allegation.

Again you can only say honestly that it wasnt intended to slap them in the face you cant in all fairness say thats not how it was perceived

You don't seem to understand the libel laws and the court system with regard to it.

Defamation is a strange little animal... with its time limits, serious harm and honest opinion etc... the 2013 act changed quite a lot on the quiet

As for the court/legal system... its still overloaded, cumbersome, slow and overpriced

Jeff, I was one of the many stood outside on that day and whether it was your intention to antagonise these people or not that was the way many saw your action at the time.In my humble opinion you are not doing yourself any favours in raking over the coals,its time to move on and concentrate on the good things in life.

I agree with your first sentence. And thanks for your kind advice too. I do wish to move on and will do so as soon as offensive remarks about me cease to be made. The sooner the better!

This is a message on behalf of the Admin team. Please note that if this thread descends into personal abuse and/or insults or breaks our rules in any way, we will be closing it. Action may also be taken against any user who breaks our rules (e.g. personally abusing another user).

With respect you cant honestly state that... you can state that you didnt do it intentionaly but not that others didnt get wound up.

It sounds more like an opinion to me... not an alligation

Again you can only say honestly that it wasnt intended to slap them in the face you cant in all fairness say thats not how it was perceived

What I stated is accurate. I didn't do any winding (as per my earlier clocks analogy post). I peacefully made a speech at a supposedly democratic meeting and I still have the script I read. Others did get wound up, but I wasn't responsible for that. There were plenty of factors making people tense at the meeting, but there is a dearth of comments on them.

Regarding your second point, either way round there's no evidence to support it and it's untrue.

Regarding the third point, so far it's clear that one person (the poster) perceived (or now, in faded time, perceives) that to be the case, but it's untrue that I did any slapping and again no evidence has been provided for it.

If the statements were that some other people perceived those things to be the case, I'd have no problem with them. The problem is that they have me doing the doing, which implies an intention on my part, and there's no evidence provided, nor capable of being provided, in support of that, because those things are untrue.

Archived