• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Open Day Weekend

19 minutes ago, ctmurphy1984 said:

Took my 2 year old for her first visit to VP. Good little free event. She had a great time. Bit gutted I only found out about the £1 bottles of cider after I’d bought two pints in TC’s. 

Anyone else clock the DJ having a bad day at the office? She played “R-Kelly - Bump n’ Grind”. The song got about a minute through before somebody rushed over to tell her to kill the track. And then put on “Eminem - The Real Slim Shady (Explicit version”. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Bit of a Phoenix Nights moment. 

Rave on at the decks !!! Shabba !!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Advert:

2 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Must have something do with brexit 

I know you’re having a laugh with him after the back and forth in the brexit thread but it does actually 🤣 Either Carol or Dan Townley, for the life of me can’t remember which, mentioned in a recent interview that it’s become really difficult to get stuff shipped anywhere. 

1 minute ago, Doha said:

I know you’re having a laugh with him after the back and forth in the brexit thread but it does actually 🤣 Either Carol or Dan Townley, for the life of me can’t remember which, mentioned in a recent interview that it’s become really difficult to get stuff shipped anywhere. 

😂 don’t mate 

2 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

😂 don’t mate 

🤣 Not too sure about the rest of his post, apart from a frustratingly quiet transfer window so far everything seems pretty sound to me, but someone from the club definitely explained the reasons for the delays with the new kit in detail. Think it might have been Dan on the Ale & Vale podcast. 

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

and relaid the pitch.

I wish! Next season or the season after according to DF. 

Disregarding the ticket and possible tv revenue, if we got to the 5th round this season we’d make £316,000 just in FA payments. That’d go a long way to finally replacing the ancient heavy pitch.

I have a vague recollection of Carol saying Man City gave us some money after the fourth round tie so if we got knocked out in the 5th by a prem club who donated the winners money we’d be up £541,000 before match tickets, iFollow, TV revenue, hospitality and food & drink.

Lincoln made £2m from getting to the quarters the other year, I’m sure I read they’ve built/are building a high spec new training facility. Like DF wants to do here 👀

Edited by Doha

Advert:

39 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

If you couldn’t make it yesterday it’ll probably be a bit quieter up VP today, so less queuing for the shop.  Hopefully weather will stay decent for those in attendance.

The club have just posted something online and it looks far quieter today.  Am calling up again later couldn't get done what I wanted to yesterday, great stuff.

16 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Any news on the away kit?

I'm firmly in the 'In Carol we trust' camp, but things do seem to be getting away from us. Glad that the open day sounds like a success.

Are you RZ's alter ego?

Advert:

5 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Grow up, eh?

My post was largely positive, didn't know it made me comparable to the most negative poster on here, just for mildly questioning things.

It was said tongue in cheek. I know you are not normally negative, but as i'm  in my 70th year i don't think i will be growing up any more.😃