onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Open Day Weekend

DazFred

Don't agree with your assumptions there Mr H

getting nothing but great vibes from fans i know.

The Open Day thread on here reports great vibes at the club at the Home kit launch (why would you cloud that by announcing the away kit at the same time?)

3253 new home shirts sold already

two really good new signings 

friendly next Thursday against Kidsgrove

record ST sales

new hospitality suite 

As in the Rudge years drop a few off the bottom of your squad bring a couple in at the top.

my soundings are gratitude to the best owners the club has ever had and a footballing Management team who know a players worth 

Advert

37 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Away kit, friendlies, transfers, losing many fans' favourite player, season ticket sales updates. Not being critical but I think the fan base doesn't feel as buoyed up as it did a month ago.

From the highs of a last day win at Exeter to cement a playoff place, coming from behind to win the playoff semi on pens, and promotion at Wembley,  it’d be impossible for the fan base to be as buoyed up now as it did a month ago.

5 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Away kit, friendlies, transfers, losing many fans' favourite player, season ticket sales updates. Not being critical but I think the fan base doesn't feel as buoyed up as it did a month ago.

Cheer up Yoth !!! I’m sure they know what they’re doing! 

11 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Any news on the away kit?

I'm firmly in the 'In Carol we trust' camp, but things do seem to be getting away from us. Glad that the open day sounds like a success.

"Things getting away from us"?

This time five weekends ago we were playing in league 2. ! 

Since then we have unveiled and dispatched over 3000 new home tops, sold over 5000 season tickets, had a sell-out RW concert, sorted out players contracts had an open day weekend and relaid the pitch. Not bad in 35 days......

Took my 2 year old for her first visit to VP. Good little free event. She had a great time. Bit gutted I only found out about the £1 bottles of cider after I’d bought two pints in TC’s. 

Anyone else clock the DJ having a bad day at the office? She played “R-Kelly - Bump n’ Grind”. The song got about a minute through before somebody rushed over to tell her to kill the track. And then put on “Eminem - The Real Slim Shady (Explicit version”. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Bit of a Phoenix Nights moment. 

4 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

"Things getting away from us"?

This time five weekends ago we were playing in league 2. ! 

Since then we have unveiled and dispatched over 3000 new home tops, sold over 5000 season tickets, had a sell-out RW concert, sorted out players contracts had an open day weekend and relaid the pitch. Not bad in 33 days......

Just to add to that,   doing some rough working out on the calculator I reckon that equates to around £1.6 million just for the shirts and season tickets ! Wow !!!

6 minutes ago, barny61 said:

Just to add to that,   doing some rough working out on the calculator I reckon that equates to around £1.6 million just for the shirts and season tickets ! Wow !!!

Correct..."Things getting away from us" would have been McKirdy tucking his penalty way. Vale World would certainly look different..😂

19 minutes ago, ctmurphy1984 said:

Took my 2 year old for her first visit to VP. Good little free event. She had a great time. Bit gutted I only found out about the £1 bottles of cider after I’d bought two pints in TC’s. 

Anyone else clock the DJ having a bad day at the office? She played “R-Kelly - Bump n’ Grind”. The song got about a minute through before somebody rushed over to tell her to kill the track. And then put on “Eminem - The Real Slim Shady (Explicit version”. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Bit of a Phoenix Nights moment. 

Rave on at the decks !!! Shabba !!

2 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Must have something do with brexit 

I know you’re having a laugh with him after the back and forth in the brexit thread but it does actually 🤣 Either Carol or Dan Townley, for the life of me can’t remember which, mentioned in a recent interview that it’s become really difficult to get stuff shipped anywhere. 

1 minute ago, Doha said:

I know you’re having a laugh with him after the back and forth in the brexit thread but it does actually 🤣 Either Carol or Dan Townley, for the life of me can’t remember which, mentioned in a recent interview that it’s become really difficult to get stuff shipped anywhere. 

😂 don’t mate 

2 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

😂 don’t mate 

🤣 Not too sure about the rest of his post, apart from a frustratingly quiet transfer window so far everything seems pretty sound to me, but someone from the club definitely explained the reasons for the delays with the new kit in detail. Think it might have been Dan on the Ale & Vale podcast. 

49 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

and relaid the pitch.

I wish! Next season or the season after according to DF. 

Disregarding the ticket and possible tv revenue, if we got to the 5th round this season we’d make £316,000 just in FA payments. That’d go a long way to finally replacing the ancient heavy pitch.

I have a vague recollection of Carol saying Man City gave us some money after the fourth round tie so if we got knocked out in the 5th by a prem club who donated the winners money we’d be up £541,000 before match tickets, iFollow, TV revenue, hospitality and food & drink.

Lincoln made £2m from getting to the quarters the other year, I’m sure I read they’ve built/are building a high spec new training facility. Like DF wants to do here 👀

Archived