onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke - The Coach

mikey

Advert

3 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Agreed. A real man also wouldn’t continue a pathetic vendetta against a man who had been through what DC has been through this year.

Its disgusting behaviour. 

I didn't say that was my opinion, just offering an alternative take. I stopped posting out of respect for Darrell regardless of my opinion of his managerial abilities but then everyone was moaning their bags off about me not posting. Make your minds up. 

15 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I didn't say that was my opinion, just offering an alternative take. I stopped posting out of respect for Darrell regardless of my opinion of his managerial abilities but then everyone was moaning their bags off about me not posting. Make your minds up. 

It wasn't your opinion, but you just had to say it! My god we all know it was. 

So what is your opinion of his managerial abilities, considering the players love him, 99.999% of the fans love him. He has won 5 promotions in 10 years. Our wonderful owners love him too.

I actually met him 3 weeks ago as he was staying in the same hotel in Portugal. Despite the fact he was trying to relax after what has been an awful time for him he took the time to have a long conversation about all things Port Vale. He was extremely personable and would probably talked football for many minutes more than we did but i didn't want to disrupt his time away.

This is football / sport. So you are only as good as the present moment whether winning or losing. Tough place to work. Sometimes things are impossible as well. Think if you are Lampard at Everton and Spurs just snaffled your main striker because the financial fair play ref has come knocking and that's after you nearly got relegated last season. What to do now. 

So it is very important the club is well run in general because otherwise the approach is to hope we get lucky and for example Micky Adams achieves promotion against all the odds. Not sustainable. 

19 hours ago, mbycars said:

He didn't come back until the Exeter game as you well know. He then produced a 75% win rate in his 4 games. You are really making yourself look stupid, bitter and twisted. A real man would admit when he was wrong.

He isn’t a real man, he is just a keyboard troll as the below definition describes-

2 : a person who intentionally antagonizes others online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content Internet trolls In the late 1980s, Internet users adopted the word "troll" to denote someone who intentionally disrupts online communities.—

15 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Strange 

I think confirmation bias often takes hold on social media. It combines with keyboard warrior mode. People find it difficult to update positions taken earlier. Of course I can be just as guilty of this as anyone else. 

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

You didn't post a single thing in the wake of and about the Wembley victory. You clearly couldn't bring yourself to admit praise for the manager's 5th promotion in 10 years, coming just weeks after his devastating tragedy.

"An alternative take." Yeah right.

I got fed up of all the <ovf censored> i get for having an alternative opinion.  I thought that I did post actually, but obviously as my stalker you know better. Give it a rest.

15 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I am looking forward to League 1, I would have preferred Murray as manager though. 

I thought Murray did a really good job. But he used a steady state approach to team selection and approach because he was operating to Darrell Clarke's model of playing. It is difficult to say that started to unravel at the end of the regular season when we lost games. I felt we lost more because we couldn't get the right balance of midfield players on the pitch due to injury and because we may have been playing some players below full fitness. We got crushed by Bristol and Newport like we were near the bottom of the table. That is where the return of Darrell Clarke permitted experience and insight to be used to tweak things before it was too late. Of course some luck is always needed, and it favoured us in the Swindon ties. You have to be good enough to deserve luck because its only useful in tight margin situations.

9 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I deleted my post before you replied because on reflection I didn't want to get bogged down in another round of this nonsense.

Genuinely. I'm not attacking you, there's no abusive comments. 5 promotions in 10 years and, particuarly in the wake of what happened to DC, your first comment to mention him since promotion suggests "maybe...him returning screwed up automatic promotion." I mean really. Why can't you just admit a single word of praise for him? Why?

17 minutes ago, Doha said:

I deleted my post before you replied because on reflection I didn't want to get bogged down in another round of this nonsense.

Genuinely. I'm not attacking you, there's no abusive comments. 5 promotions in 10 years and, particuarly in the wake of what happened to DC, your first comment to mention him since promotion suggests "maybe...him returning screwed up automatic promotion." I mean really. Why can't you just admit a single word of praise for him? Why?

I think that Times/Guardian article when he was talking about his response to his father's death bed request for him and his brother to come and see him finished me off with him.

33 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I got fed up of all the <ovf censored> i get for having an alternative opinion.  I thought that I did post actually, but obviously as my stalker you know better. Give it a rest.

Its fine to have an alternative opinion, when there is a justifiable reason. There is no justifiable reason to continually diss a manager who has a fantastic promotion record. Who is loved by all the fans ( bar you )who has the full support and admiration of his players and staff. Who is still remembered fondly by fans from Bristol and Salisbury. You said at the start of last season you would hold your hand up if we get promotion and Darrell had proved you wrong. HE HAS PROVED YOU WRONG but still no signs of any admission of being wrong from you. You wonder why you get so much stick for your so called " opinion". Perhaps counselling may help, please consider.

Archived