onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

David Riley - any questions?

DickDale

Advert

22 minutes ago, DickDale said:

I'll be chatting to David Riley in a day or two. We're going back a few years  but if you've got any memories, questions etc you'd like me to bring up, go ahead.

UTV

Slightly tongue in cheek, at the Vale his nickname was Mavis. At the other clubs he played for what was his nickname there?

12 minutes ago, DickDale said:

Good one - and why Mavis?

Mavis Riley Coronation Street. 

I'd ask how did he feel about playing on the left the majority of the time.  Was he happy just to be in the team or frustrated as he came as a striker. 

2 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Slightly tongue in cheek, at the Vale his nickname was Mavis. At the other clubs he played for what was his nickname there?

I enjoyed his light hearted esd when he was at tge Vale when I worked for them and tge awful incident when he fractured his leg at Luton I think when he slid down the banking

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

VPB no 124 will be out for the Fleetwood game and includes a fascinating interview with David Riley where he answers all your questions, and loads more. Plus loads of other stuff in a packed issue where we look back over the past few months with a look at Port Vale's Most Successful Caretaker Manager, Swindon?, The Celery Song, Adam Yates Wins Tour de France, Up 'Anley Duck, Radio Times,  and loads, loads more. Still a quid.

UTV

VPB124 cover pic.jpg

vpb124 mckirdy.jpg

• 2 months later...

Latest issue on sale tomorrow where David Riley tells us about his broken leg, Futch, Becky, Cloughie, and playing on the left wing. Plus - John Jeffers remembered,  Vale's EFL adventures, Strange But True, Robbies Boozer, Wizard of Oz and loads loads  more.

Still a quid.

UTV

VPB125.jpg

Archived