2022-23 fixtures

robf

4 minutes ago, Doha said:

Am I missing something other than 1 FA Cup date? Why do we have 2 games in November but 7 in 29 days in April? They'll be knackered.

2 of the Saturdays in November are for the FA Cup (with a midweek reserved for 1st round replays) :-

5th - 1st round

26th - 2nd round

There will probably be a Pizza P1ss Pot midweek game that month too?

• Like 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Derby H is the FA Cup 3rd round date.

Edit Darren's already seen it.

Ipswich away on a Tuesday is crap but at least it's not in winter. Plymouth should hopefully bring a few as it's the last day.

Edited by Doha

5 hours ago, robf said:

Hi @ctmurphy1984 let me know if you do the same this coming season. We're moving to a place very close to the town centre so I'd be happy to have a Vale chat with you if you're in town!

I'd love to jump in the car and come and have a beer with you and talke ValeShite too

Advert:

5 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Not sure what Ipswich's away support is like but it's going ot be reduced if they have to come here on a Tuesday night. Also, don't know if I've been gormless for the last few decades but are midweek games always for both the home and away fixtures?

I think (could be wrong) each club gets to list the clubs they would like to play midweek - generally the ones where they feel the crowd will be low anyway and therefore least impacted. I think that's what will have happened with Ipswich (from their side, not ours) and potentially Barnsley too, although given the trouble that happened last time they came to Boslem it could be that the police have been involved in that decision.

5 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Not sure what Ipswich's away support is like but it's going ot be reduced if they have to come here on a Tuesday night. Also, don't know if I've been gormless for the last few decades but are midweek games always for both the home and away fixtures?

Last season mate their average was a staggering 1799 given their location. 

They take big numbers all over the place. 

Only bettered by Sunderland and Wednesday. 

We've missed out by it being a Tuesday definitely. 

Derby away fairly early and Charlton away at the end of April are the stand out fixtures for me in terms of size of club and timing.

Booked my hotel for Sheff W. Hotels are always cheap in the week between Christmas and New Year...

Advert:

1 hour ago, ollyandpatch said:

So from our first 6 home games we play Bolton Pompey Sheff Wed and Shrewsbury. Safe to say the Hamil will be rocking again..

Or Bycars??

I think they’ve come out really, really crap tbh, couldn’t have been much worse. I absolutely love my Boxing Day footy, but Morecombe at home for Gods sake??? 

The two games vs Ipswich night games, Burton away while I’m on my jollies (stupid Computer!!!), Derby could get moved for the Cup, Wednesday away a night game (hopefully I’ll be off next day); NYD at FGR for a nice bowl of lettuce to dust off the hangover….ummm.  

5 hours ago, AMF said:

Derby away fairly early and Charlton away at the end of April are the stand out fixtures for me in terms of size of club and timing.

Booked my hotel for Sheff W. Hotels are always cheap in the week between Christmas and New Year...

Good to play derby early as they might be a bit of a shambles before getting their act together. A bit like bolton did a few years ago

The games I was most looking forward to were Derby and Sheff Wed.

On holiday for both!! 

I'm pleased we start at home with a game we can win. The fixtures are so much better in this division. A squad of 19 players who will have had 2 pre seasons together. I can't wait for the season to begin

Advert:

30 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Or Bycars??

I think they’ve come out really, really crap tbh, couldn’t have been much worse. I absolutely love my Boxing Day footy, but Morecombe at home for Gods sake??? 

The two games vs Ipswich night games, Burton away while I’m on my jollies (stupid Computer!!!), Derby could get moved for the Cup, Wednesday away a night game (hopefully I’ll be off next day); NYD at FGR for a nice bowl of lettuce to dust off the hangover….ummm.  

Could be an ideal game to move them to the Bay area.

8 hours ago, Mellor! said:

I was looking forward to Charlton for the last away game, but then realised it'll be about 17 quid a pint by then in London.

Bit cheaper in that quaint old English coaching house, the Antigalican.