onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

2022-23 fixtures

robf

Advert

47 minutes ago, melv said:

Assuming the reasoning behind  this game being re arranged is the England match (cant see any other reason).Then how many other games have been re arranged?

I'd imagine that most games in the bottom 2 divisions scheduled for Sat 3rd Dec at 3pm will get re-arranged. Not many will want to risk a reduced attendance in the event of a clash with an England World Cup knockout game (which won't be known until just 4 days beforehand).

And its far from certain that England will top the group - there's an argument that its the better path for England to finish 2nd (which would see them play on Sat at 3pm).

9 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

You can't pick and choose in a World Cup if you want to come first or second.

They did in 2018. Won first 2 group games to qualify then played reserves for the last one as weren't desperate to win the group.

It may well be the same again this time IF we're already qualified after 2 games (though the pride factor v Wales in the last game may influence it).

Anyway, there'll doubtless be media speculation and debate come the time as to whether England should finish 1st or 2nd for a supposed easier route.

11 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Abysmal decision. 

England 4/11 to win the group. Hot favourites. 

A joke of a call by Plymouth. 

Not really, we have only topped the first group twice since 1970. Having seen how we struggled in many games in the recent Euro's and more recent games as well I can't see us winning the group with Wales and the USA raising their game against us.

3 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Not really, we have only topped the first group twice since 1970. Having seen how we struggled in many games in the recent Euro's and more recent games as well I can't see us winning the group with Wales and the USA raising their game against us.

You do realise it's the mighty Iran, America and Wales ? 

Anyway i digress, thanks Plymouth for ruining my weekend as i am unable to get the Friday off work all because ' something might or might not happen ' . 

If I’m honest I’ve never really got the club versus country debate from a fan’s perspective.  I may be going against the grain but given the choice of watching my club over country I’d always go for club especially if it’s just watching the international game on TV.  Do clubs really think they’d lose more fans for the league game to watching the national team on TV compared to moving the fixture to a week night?

Any Iranian internationals spotted training with the Vale this week? Though guess if the game were postponed to later in the season because of players being on international duty, that probably wouldn’t be any better - a Friday night game perhaps more ‘convenient’ for travelling fans than a Tuesday - might only need one day off work if you don’t work on a Saturday etc…..

Archived