onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Are you disappointed in micky Adams

valesince83

My thought are that everyone seems to be fighting bar Micky... First we had his felling a little bit flat interview, then today's.. It maybe understandable but when the players havent been paid and are fighting out there, and the fans are scraping around for loose change. The least micky could do was give us some fighting talk.. Instead he's acting like A child whos had his sweets taken away... The players aren't feeling sorry for them selfs so why should he.. It's your job to motivate your boys!!!!!

Advert

People are overracting as if you listen to his interview his disappointment is for the players.

He's consistently said this isn't about Micky Adams, it's about the club and the players.

Yes he was very down beat but he's been consistently lied to throughout and been forced to continually be piggy in the middle.

I have to disagree with you there. The one thing Micky wont do, is what he doesn't want to do. I think Micky does what Micky wants and quite frankly, I don't think he cares how it affects other people, or what other people think.

I have to disagree with you there. The one thing Micky wont do, is what he doesn't want to do. I think Micky does what Micky wants and quite frankly, I don't think he cares how it affects other people, or what other people think.

Micky will only be concerned with one thing now. Protecting his CV in order to get another job. i very much doubt if he is worried about his financial position. Whatever happens now he can always blame administration.

Terrible game. We never looked like a winning team. Our goal was a great effort from Richards but we never looked like pressing home the advantage. Midfield was almost non-existent. The substitution of Taylor just after he had been pushed forward and got a decent cross in didn't make sense. He had just started to get into the game.

Dire stuff and a joke at 20 quid.

all thats gone on at the club this week and you moan about paying your 20 quid........

People are overracting as if you listen to his interview his disappointment is for the players.

He's consistently said this isn't about Micky Adams, it's about the club and the players.

Yes he was very down beat but he's been consistently lied to throughout and been forced to continually be piggy in the middle.

I thought it was him ****ed off about the players but wasn't sure why he had to take legal advice.He may have kicked off when Bob Young told him the players weren't getting paid.BY did say last months wages had nothing to do with the Administrators,could be a case of crossed wires?BY did say he would bring Payday forward in March

I think he owes us a few things after walking out of us for the Sheffield job. If he has any decency and moral he should, at least, remain with us for the rest of season (only two months left). Even if that would include working for free for the remaining months. If he should be the manager next season, that would be another question.

Football is a hard profession. Micky Adams was re-employed at Port Vale on a contract. Taking legal advice in his situation is a sensible step. He is also under a lot of pressure and it is probably taking its toll on him, especially as he is the news filter and counsellor to another 25 - 30 people.

But he was better not having a heart and soul moment on radio and should have talked about his own situation only after an outcome one way or another is at hand. If he takes a pay cut, that is his decision, and he becomes a hero with the fans. If he leaves, well many of us may well have made the same choice. At the end of the day the administrator is trying to cut costs to get to the end of the season and also try to cut costs and increase income to shape a viable business for sale. He has stated he wants to keep Micky Adams, but he has have objectivity in his decision making as well.

He consistently says that it is not about Micky Adams, maybe that is true. But don't you ever get a slight sniff that actually everything is always about Micky Adams and he couldn't actually give a **** about Port Vale? Genuine question.

I was disapointed with his comments, and the manner in which he made them. He's been spitting his dummy out for a few weeks now, and would have thought that he was 'long enough in the tooth' now to know how to conduct an interview.

I don't blame him for being down and frustrated, he's been lied to and had the rug pulled from under him several times since he's been at Vale. But his attitude today was disappointing. I don't know whats upset him, its obviously too close to home for him to discuss it, as if it was about players or staff leaving, i think he would have said.

He's always been tricky to interview, but the last few he's done have hardly been upbeat. He is still the voice of Port Vale, and he should realise that his pessimism will feed through to anyone listening. Its not a lot to ask for him to sound optimistic, whatever his personal issues. If he can't do this, he shouldn't give the interview.

There's no questioning his ability to manage and motivate, but if he can give an interview like that, its no wonder the boys didn't perform today. Just think how depressing the team talks were.

Chin up Micky!!

Have a horrible feeling that by the end of next week we are going to see/feel at first hand how cr*p administration can be. I suspect Micky has got news in advance of the rest of us. Get ready for some departures, likely to include the manager !!

Archived