onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Are you disappointed in micky Adams

valesince83

Surely this has got to be about players leaving? If its about him taking a pay cut for a few months i,m sorry micky, but thats bang out of order. There are people a lot worst off at the club who will suffer plenty more than you over this.
Listening to the interview it was all about a millionaire football manager going in a mood about having to take a temporary pay cut for a couple of months. Money of which he will eventually get back paid in full anyway.

As we know from previous experience Adams will use any excuse to leave Port Vale. It's very disappointing after all the love and support the Vale fans have shown him over the last 3 years.

Advert

looking at alot of the players and staffs body language yesterday i think it was a game to far this week. i really feel for them you can try and carry on and not let it all effect you but what would we be like if our work wanted us to carry on without being paid, then they promised you would be paid in full and only receive 25% off your wage. its hard but you cant blame them.

I am fed up with Micky Adams and the fact that some fans think that if he goes we are finished. Port Vale have been around for 130 years and will hopefully be around for another 130. It is quite clear that MA is only bothered about himself, he may claim to care about the club, but all that he his bothered about is trying to add a promotion to his cv so that he can f*** off again. All this talk of the club being finished if he leaves is nonsense, there are plenty of decent managers that can do a job at this level. I also think that MA owes Port Vale supporters and if he is going to walk out because of wages then good riddence to him. He is not short of a few quid especially after the big payout from Sheffield United. Adams also ignored fans by putting himself on the board.

We are Vale and we will still be Vale with or without Adams

I am fed up with Micky Adams and the fact that some fans think that if he goes we are finished. Port Vale have been around for 130 years and will hopefully be around for another 130. It is quite clear that MA is only bothered about himself, he may claim to care about the club, but all that he his bothered about is trying to add a promotion to his cv so that he can f*** off again. All this talk of the club being finished if he leaves is nonsense, there are plenty of decent managers that can do a job at this level. I also think that MA owes Port Vale supporters and if he is going to walk out because of wages then good riddence to him. He is not short of a few quid especially after the big payout from Sheffield United. Adams also ignored fans by putting himself on the board.

We are Vale and we will still be Vale with or without Adams

I have to say I agree, his most certainly isnt God as many suggest, hes a good manager, but as you point out there are many other good managers available at this level, who work with no budgets and have brought success, wouldnt like to see Adams go but it certainly isnt the end of the world if he does.

The way I see it is that I can understand some degree of frustration with what s going on.

However, we collectively have enough on our plate without having to deal with the manager throwing a wobbly after a game.

We need to all pull together and IMHO Adams did not help that with his little outburst yesterday.

Micky Adams is a football manager at the end of the day so he is always replaceable. Yes he is a very good manager and yes most supporters love and in fact adore Adams for the fact overall he has done well for Port Vale. However nothing is for ever so sooner or later for one reason or another, he will be replaced. At the moment that looks sooner because it has been clear recently that he is thoroughly brassed off with basically running the club and then finding now his replacement is not singing from the same hymn sheet as he.

I do worry at the moment also about his total loyalty to the players because I believe quite a few of the current squad need to be replaced. For some time now most of the current squad have been around for a number of years and we have not exactly set League 2 alight. Therefore are they good enough? Yes Micky's concern that players such as Richards and Loft that are good enough could be forced out of the club when he needs them. However I wonder whether this feeling of total loyalty to the players could be detrimental when at the end of the season, as manager he would have to release players who are not good enough to ensure we start next season with the nucleus of a squad that are good enough to start setting League 2 alight.

I have to say I agree, his most certainly isnt God as many suggest, hes a good manager, but as you point out there are many other good managers available at this level, who work with no budgets and have brought success, wouldnt like to see Adams go but it certainly isnt the end of the world if he does.

He has not yet even achieved anything at the vale yet.

Brilliant manager apart from his crazy subsitutions sometimes but he is shocking with the media. Disappointed in what i heard from his interview and it sounds like hes of to me. Giving up to easily!

How can he be a brilliant manager if he makes crazy substitutions, is shocking with the media and is about to **** off because he gives up too easily?

Have a think about it.

Mickys a steady manager, nothing else.

He gets possibly the most out of limited players more often than not. As many have said before, over the years we've had to have Lee Sinnott, Dean Glover, Jim Gannon who were all big flops so at the thought of big name manager Micky Adams coming to vale park was a massive boost to every fan who support vale.

He had no money as previous managers but he turned us around as you would expect with his appointment.

Who knows what would of happened last season before he departed, but he's achieved nothing here so all of this rubbish about

"well who else would we attract" blah blah...

Plenty other managers looking for work and you'd be surprised how many would consider port vale as a good option.

Micky may be better at his job with a few funds to play with, maybe he will get that wish of he sticks about long enough for a new owner to come in?...

But for now and the last two years with him, we've had nothing.

And a manager now highly paid like him for the fourth division should be doing a bit more in my view. Even without the points deduction we would of been 8/10 short of play off come may I'm my opinion.

Also his interviews are mostly depressing!!!!

If he goes, then let him **** off basically he will be replaced.

I was devastated when he went to Sheff Utd, I couldn't care less if he went in the next few weeks. He things there are clubs lining up to employ him after Vale. But what has he done in the last few years? Hardly a CV brimming with success. As long as he's here I'll support him but as soon as he goes it will be Micky who?

as a manager his responsability is his players

if they havent been paid he tries to sort it out

if players r unhappy it makes his job so much harder

as for a manager over the last few months he brings in a couple of players to change the dynamics of the team and increase momentum

madjo , myrie williams

marshall shuker #

dont knock the guy he is good at wot he does

wot would we do if we had any money ?????

Archived