onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Training Facilities

FeedThePope9

In David Flitcroft's interview with The Sentinel last week, he mentions training facilities. The article states:

"The club is building new training and changing facilities in the far corner of the Lorne Street Stand, overlooking the training ground."

Is anybody aware if any progress has been made on this or if there is a time scale? I'm assuming that it certainly won't be ready for pre-season.

One thing I have noticed however is that some groundwork was being done on the pathway behind Bycars which also leads from the Lorne Street car park to the training pitches. It has also been confirmed that a new under-pitch sprinkler system has been setup on the pitches, as a lot of people pointed out following his interview.

Advert

4 hours ago, FeedThePope9 said:

In David Flitcroft's interview with The Sentinel last week, he mentions training facilities. The article states:

"The club is building new training and changing facilities in the far corner of the Lorne Street Stand, overlooking the training ground."

Is anybody aware if any progress has been made on this or if there is a time scale? I'm assuming that it certainly won't be ready for pre-season.

One thing I have noticed however is that some groundwork was being done on the pathway behind Bycars which also leads from the Lorne Street car park to the training pitches. It has also been confirmed that a new under-pitch sprinkler system has been setup on the pitches, as a lot of people pointed out following his interview.

Problems with the surface of Bycars Lane were identified before the end of the season and when I was last at VP (Bristol Rovers) I noticed that the road had been marked up for reconstruction/resurfacing. Don't think the two are linked.

1 hour ago, Heatwave said:

Problems with the surface of Bycars Lane were identified before the end of the season and when I was last at VP (Bristol Rovers) I noticed that the road had been marked up for reconstruction/resurfacing. Don't think the two are linked.

Understandable. Do you know if the council is responsible for it or is it Vale's to look after?

Archived