onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FIFA to take action

Playa Amodores

I’ve just read that FIFA are looking to take action around time wasted on throw ins. Research shows in L2 the ball was only in play for 49 mins 45 seconds. 
I for one applaud this as it’s the fans that are missing out. I’m not sure about awarding kick ins. This should be addressed along with other stoppages eg. corners, goal kicks and free kicks. I’d rather the watch was stopped every time the ball goes out of play or the game is stopped and starts again when back in play. I know initially this could mean games go on for some time, but teams will get use to this. What are other ppls thoughts.? 

Advert

Applaud this but also how many foul throws get punished these days ? The amount of players who don't put the ball behind their head is unbelievable. 

Big bug bear of mine, also the gaining 10 yards right under the linos nose and they do nothing. 

We always seem to be a late finish at home, gone are the days i'm in the car for 5-00 results on the radio. So any additional time would see a 5 -30 finish ! 

9 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I read somewhere recently that they’d had a trial game, games even, where the duration was reduced, possibly 30 mins each way, and the clock was stopped every time the ball went dead.

Think they’re looking to trial it this season in the Dutch second division as well. 

How about 2 feet on the grass for throw ins too?

Goalies taking goal kicks from the side that the ball has gone out?

Non injured players leaving the pitch nearest to the touchline when subbed?

Book the players being subbed who aren't injured and saunter off the pitch?

Bristol would definitely be knackered...

Archived