onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Talk the pruhcess

valeitup

A good read, the only problem I have is with supporter patience, some demand action, sackings and heads on stakes if a few games on the trot are lost.
A cool head will be required and a belief that the professionals know what they are doing,exciting times could just be round the corner.

I also fully trust the pruhcess.

Advert

21 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

A good read, the only problem I have is with supporter patience, some demand action, sackings and heads on stakes if a few games on the trot are lost.
A cool head will be required and a belief that the professionals know what they are doing,exciting times could just be round the corner.

I also fully trust the pruhcess.

After the awful years, Vale fans are easily panicked, and with good reason.

Periods of stability and good habits breed calm.

Success follows, pretty much inevitably!

Enjoyable and brilliant interview with Flickers who explained in detail how we became successful.It is plainly obvious that recruitment is key to us getting promoted and the work that goes on behind the scenes to select players that fit into the system is so important.Well done to all concerned. 

UTV

Never can I recall a time when I could look at Port Vale as a whole and see so many defined roles, occupied by valued professionals whose commitment is essential to the smooth running of our club. Thanks to the chairwoman, we as fans can see who's who and what they do. This only serves to promote belonging and a tangible togetherness for all to see and feel.

Flitcroft's interview is a breath of fresh air, his candid ambition isn't pie in the sky, it's reasoned and evidenced. Of course we will lose matches next season but if we lose one and win two we'll be fine. Whenever we have a good run, DC is always quick to remind players & fans about bad runs and vice versa, this all serves to promote balance and level headedness. Flitcroft's rationale surrounding the signing of Garrity really brings to light how much work and thought goes in to each acquisition. Garrity, on the face of it, could have been easily overlooked, Oldham fans berated him and on paper he was an average league 2 chancer. We won't get every signing right but if the recruitment continues at it's current rate of success we will definitely be sitting pretty come May 2023.

The Vale Express is leaving for Successville, there are still plenty of spare seats, come jump aboard.

8 hours ago, philmpv said:

Can we somehow make the reading of this entire thread compulsory before posting a reaction to any match thread next season is allowed? A couple of bad results and the usual suspects will be demanding the managers head and a complete overhaul of the way the club is run. This season has been fantastic in the circumstances and should not be permitted to be forgotten

I got slaughtered on the Colchester match day thread for daring to suggest that after 1 defeat in 9 ( I think it was at the time) that we could still make the playoffs. We do have a number of fans who are willing to write us off instantly. Who was the poster who wanted Flitcroft gone as we weren't the type of club to be able to support a DOF, waste of money I think the gist of it was! 

Anyway, this is a new Port Vale and I am as excited as everyone to see where it takes us. If we lose the first few can we try not to demand the manager is sacked a la Micky Adams last time we went up? 

9 hours ago, fraggle said:

Do you think Brentford fans would have said that all those years ago… I suspect so, stuff happens, really positive to hear the progress

We've spent not many seasons fewer in the Championship (League 2) than in League 1 (2)!

9 hours ago, philmpv said:
10 hours ago, valeparklife said:
It was a great interview but it needs to be backed up somewhat this season.
Imagine how silly he will look if we got relegated now.
For me, L1 is our level. That's where we should be. The Championship would be a dream and if we were to get there, I think we would be punching above our weight (but I'd absolutely love it!).

There's absolutely no way we'll get relegated next season, I'll call it now. 3 or 4 additions using the process and keep Gibbo and Proctor and comfortable mid table at least is what I see

I'd back you on that philmpv - more likely to be hovering around the opposite end of the table!

7 hours ago, philmpv said:
7 hours ago, robf said:
It's certainly a great read and I would think the footballing side of the business is the most professional and most forward-thinking that it's ever been.
Even when Rudgie was delivered success, he was always hamstrung by the Bill Bell shenanigans behind the scenes (a miracle JR stayed so long and managed so much) so I do think the ideas and plans Flitcroft mentioned are the most exciting and ambitious I have ever heard in my time as a fan.
Of course plans have to be executed to succeed but I cannot fault the ambition and why not think big? It was a real pleasure to read that and see the thought, the drive and the passion going in, often behind the scenes, at the club.

Spot on Rob. Long may the scumbag pull the wool over Carols eyes!

That was one of the crassest posts in a season that coughed up some gems! I would hope the author of said quote would come on here and publicly eat humble pie...but I'm not holding my breath!

Great interview. The ambition at the club is so exciting. Getting promotion in this first season since all the changes really is some going & gives us such a boost moving forwards. It means everyone believes. The process has already born fruit. The proof in the pudding has been proven.

I do think we'll be okay next season. The shorter break over the summer & short pre season (due to the playoffs & earlier start of season), does worry me a little and I envisage a bit of a slow start. Once we get going though, I think we'll be a side to be reckoned with & will surprise a few people.

Obviously we need to wait & see who comes in & who leaves over the next month or so, but a top 12 finish would be my aim. Staying up would be great, but to do it comfortably should be the aim. If we can get ourselves into comfortable mid table, I think that would be a good season for us.

Top 10 in League 1 is a very decent consistent standard, as shown last season with the points totals. I don't think there's as many whipping boys like Crewe, Donny, Wimbledon this next season though. I think it'll be a very competitive league.

I do think we'll surprise a few though & finish top half. Most clubs probably think the same after promotion because you're riding the crest of a wave, but the togetherness, unity & forward thinking approach, give me real confidence in a decent season.

Then you've always got examples like Wycombe, Shrewsbury a few years ago, Burton... all examples of clubs who got their own houses in order & got themselves right up at the top of League 1 without changing too much, or spending millions of pounds! We can dream again.

1 hour ago, Rory said:

I will fight you until one of us dies. I will not have sex with you.

I’m sensing stress, bordering rage Rory.  Which in the aftermath of a promotion season is very worrying.  May I suggest you adopt the Downward Facing Dog pose, Adho Mukha Savanasana.  Hold this for a minimum 10 rounds of breath, whilst focusing your mind on the view from the Hamil end.  This will increase blood flow to the brain whilst decompressing the spine and will energise you.  Failing this 6 cans of Polish lager and a bottle of Night Nurse will take the edge off things in the short term.

13 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I’m sensing stress, bordering rage Rory.  Which in the aftermath of a promotion season is very worrying.  May I suggest you adopt the Downward Facing Dog pose, Adho Mukha Savanasana.  Hold this for a minimum 10 rounds of breath, whilst focusing your mind on the view from the Hamil end.  This will increase blood flow to the brain whilst decompressing the spine and will energise you.  Failing this 6 cans of Polish lager and a bottle of Night Nurse will take the edge off things in the short term.

So after he has done all that, will he want the sex thing? 

Just checking 😇

Archived