• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Talk the pruhcess

Don't know if it's mentioned already on another thread, but I enjoyed reading Flitcroft's interview in the Stokeinell. It's not great if you're trying to keep a lid on excitement since he's talking up the club a lot, probably a bit for the benefit of potential recruits. But it does give a bit of an insight into the process too.

• Like 3

Advert:

Was very close to starting a thread on this but glad you got there first.

An excellent read and really enjoyable to get an insight into the little details.

Looks like there is a lot of work going into the training ground.

Also loved how bullish he is about the youth team set up. Be really exciting to see how that develops in coming years.

It's impossible not to get exited. Not everything will go to plan but it will be an adventure. Up The Vale!

• Like 3

Love the talk about being a championship club . Been mentioned in the past by previous owners but the fact the owners are implemented these changes and putting no deadline on this just shows the commitment of the owners and everyone else behind the scenes. 

Up the Process 

• Like 1

Advert:

It’s a great interview. Good questions and positive answers.  The only question missing was the one on everyone’s lips, the Hamil.
I'm getting really stressed about this now, it's not on.
  • Haha 1

Crickey......

“Honestly, a lot of players want to sign for Port Vale. I am getting inundated with players and agents. We are in a really exciting time of recruitment but keeping the core of the squad together is key..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advert:

5 hours ago, valeitup said:

Don't know if it's mentioned already on another thread, but I enjoyed reading Flitcroft's interview in the Stokeinell. It's not great if you're trying to keep a lid on excitement since he's talking up the club a lot, probably a bit for the benefit of potential recruits. But it does give a bit of an insight into the process too.

Wow! What a great interview from DF!!! If you can't get excited over the vision for our club you should, perhaps, go elsewhere? The plans for the Academy, and the desire to get back to the Championship and the progress to the infrastructure that Carol has supported WILL pay dividends - eventually. It may not be next season but, certainly within 3 or 4 seasons, we will be challenging for promotion from Lge 1, and will be producing our own players from the Academy who will have a genuine chance for success! That was such a positive interview, it almost didn't seem like a Vale one - but, we have already seen the changes in all aspects of the club, and now there is recognition of the things we don't do so well, and the need to put them right! I think our future's bright!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

I used to get very stressed Rory, the slightest thing used to set me off.  Two things cured me.  I discovered tantric sex and prescription drugs.  The tantric sex cured the stress and the prescription drugs cured the backache.

I discovered tantric drugs and prescription sex...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I used to get very stressed Rory, the slightest thing used to set me off.  Two things cured me.  I discovered tantric sex and prescription drugs.  The tantric sex cured the stress and the prescription drugs cured the backache.
I don't like either of those things.

It was a great interview but it needs to be backed up somewhat this season.

Imagine how silly he will look if we got relegated now.

For me, L1 is our level. That's where we should be. The Championship would be a dream and if we were to get there, I think we would be punching above our weight (but I'd absolutely love it!).

Advert:

Nowt wrong with ambition and glad there’s no time scale, feeling good about the set up and most of all the owners! What ever happens with the sensible spending and structure remember two words ……..Derby County!!!!

• Like 3

It was a great interview but it needs to be backed up somewhat this season.
Imagine how silly he will look if we got relegated now.
For me, L1 is our level. That's where we should be. The Championship would be a dream and if we were to get there, I think we would be punching above our weight (but I'd absolutely love it!).
There's absolutely no way we'll get relegated next season, I'll call it now. 3 or 4 additions using the process and keep Gibbo and Proctor and comfortable mid table at least is what I see
  • Like 4