onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Derby

Doha

Advert

Think ultimately it’ll be Mike Ashley who will get the club. Regardless what people think of him and his business/employment practises that is probably the least worst outcome for them at this point. Problem is the administrators have wasted so much time with this guy Kirchner who is just a total chancer. He tried take over PNE as well last season but they saw through him. Not that they’ll care as they’ll have been racking up the fees for administration.

Looking more and more likely that one of our promotion rivals 🤘 will be either starting the season with a huge points deduction or possibly relegated before a ball is kicked.

Administrator now suggesting there seems no way out of this mess. The manager continues to be paid £60k a week !!

2 hours ago, Raveninblack said:

I so want Derby to survive: a very good friend of of mine is a loyal fan of theirs 

Same here, I have a good friend who is a Derby season ticket holder and he's already text me about coming Vale and me going to Pride Park. Says he cant wait.

Mind you, I don't mind going to Mansfield either ! 😂😂

At the risk of sounding sanctimonious, I want ALL clubs to survive. I'd even include Swindon in that list. That's because there are genuine, life-long, loyal fans (just like us) at pretty much every other club and I don't want them to suffer. 

I think the club you support is very much down to circumstances - your family, where you were brought up, a particular event and so on... Port Vale is the club for people on here but in a "Sliding Doors" moment who knows what may have happened had circumstances been different - we could have been supporting Stoke, Derby, Crewe etc and doing it with the same passion and devotion.

So, for me, I'm happy to have bitter rivalry on the pitch, especially with certain clubs, but I'd never be happy if any club collapses completely - be that Vale, Bury or Derby.

1 hour ago, fuzzyvalefan said:
4 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:
Derby have had a new pitch laid in the close season. Good to see them getting their priorities in order.

Now that is flabbergasting

Possibly ordered a year or so ago, unable to cancel it?   I hope the supplier has had an advance payment.

Absolutely hope they avoid liquidation. Have many Derby supporting friends and have waited 25 years to be in the same league as them. Even better that we have a genuinely good chance of beating them/finishing above them.

One thing that dampens my sympathy is the way Derby fans acted when they 'got away' with inflating the stadium value to circumvent FFP. There was a lot of gloating, a lot of 'we've outsmarted the EFL', a lot of 'Mel Morris has everyone on strings' from their fanbase. I don't want them to lose their club, but at the same time there's some karma at play here. Ironic that it now seems that Mel Morris has the administrators 'on strings', which is preventing a sale and risking liquidation. 

Archived