• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

England v Hungary

Posted (edited)

Having seen Shilton, I think Stoke had a better keeper in Peter Fox. He never went to a very top club and consequently never got a break through. I can't forgive Shilton for the ball under body goal v Poland in 1973 nor not coming professionally for the hand of god goal to the highest point of the cross before the player could reach it. Two gross mistakes. Clemence let in a between the legs trickle to give Scotland a win. Shilton should have not played at the 1990 World Cup at 40. Same mistake made at 2002 World Cup with different keeper. Banks was therefore the last genuine world class goalie England had, and the save from Pele in 1970 is still one of the greatest saves ever made anytime.

Edited by Warren

Advert:

My above post matters because goalkeepers can win games and tournaments. Real Madrid have their hands on the Champions League trophy mostly because they had Thibaut Courtois in goal.

Advert: