• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

England v Hungary

Advert:

4 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Southgate should have been sacked after the last World Cup. He is the worst manager since turnip Taylor despite stumbling his way to semi finals and a final.

Bang on he was a failure at club management with Middlesbrough he’s yet another yes man like a lot of former England managers 

• Like 1

Advert:

at least six players in that side last night are england class internationals. always play your stongest side or this is what happens. phillips would never wear an england shirt for me again.😒

Just now, geoff1 said:

at least six players in that side last night are england class internationals. always play your stongest side or this is what happens. phillips would never wear an england shirt for me again.😒

Spot on Geoff , he adds nothing to midfield , rarely plays forward passes , and last night on occasions I thought he was playing as a defender. A midfield of him Bellingham and Gallagher was  **ss poor in my opinion.

• Like 1

Southgate should have gone after the Italy loss, he showed he's too defensive and tactically naive.

What was he trying to do in this tournament. There's a World Cup in 5 months so a great opportunity to settle on the best team/best players, tactics and find some cohesion. Instead the players and tactics were changed like the weather and the players looked confused and played like they'd never played together.

England have players that  are good enough to make an impact in the World Cup but the manager certainly isn't.

• Like 1

Advert:

11 hours ago, Stockleys_socks said:

Pointless competition, lots of changes, I'll judge Southgate on major tournaments. Aside from Alf Ramsay, England's most successful manager.

Spot on,he would have learnt a lot about second rate players after experimenting last night along with Italy and France.

All the players should have been on holiday a month ago to rest up for the new season. McGuire is defending like he has had a Microsoft update that has gone badly wrong and crashed the video card. 

6 hours ago, For Us All said:

Spot on,he would have learnt a lot about second rate players after experimenting last night along with Italy and France.

The current European Champions and World Champions can afford to be slack having experienced success and in Italy's case having absolutely nothing to build for.

Advert:

11 hours ago, Warren said:

All the players should have been on holiday a month ago to rest up for the new season. McGuire is defending like he has had a Microsoft update that has gone badly wrong and crashed the video card. 

If the World Cup wasn’t in Qatar they’d be playing in it now and I don’t buy into to this b- locks they’re tired 

5 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Swap successful with luckiest and you are spot on.

Any other country gets to a semi final and final of a major tournament and we wonder why we can't be like them. England do it and we're lucky?